Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:23:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 Soon at a Loss - What to do With It?  (Read 3973 times)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:51:25 AM

Glass half full!

- They make great (noisy) space-heaters in the winter.

- If BTC goes to $3000 in the next few months, selling on eBay should be quite profitable, lol. Remember when BTC went to $1200? Used ASIC prices quadrupled almost overnight.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 11:05:10 AM

I think you should just sell it since the longer you leave it the value of the miner will depreciate more,meaning less of a return for you.I think just sell it for as much as you can,then when the S3 comes out or another suitable miner comes out,just buy it and profit from it again. Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
LYCAN

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:09:01 AM

yeah because of the difficulty its mine nothing soon .. better way to sell and get rid of it sell on decent price about 0.1 or more or a bit less.. it will worth nothing in some weeks..
xray

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:11:43 AM

I have sold over 120 Ants S1 in the past 2 weeks , I have got between 0.33BTC - 0.4BTC ,They would have probably made 0.6BTC running until Dec , but for the extra 0.2BTC and storage and power, I felt it wasnt worth it.
What i am doing now , well thats a whole new thread
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:53:29 PM

You should attempt to sell it.

Your ideal price should be something above what it would make mining less electric costs up until it would become unprofitable to use.

Another option would be to treat it as a lottery ticket and use it to solo mine

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:27:19 AM

Running 3 old school S1's atm.  Pretty cheap electric where I'm at but planning on just shutting mine down if undervolting doesn't result in profitability until such time as bitcoin price rises enough to justify turning it back on.  Might be leaving them off for sometime I realize.  If nothing else maybe I'll start a Bitcoin Museum 2 or something Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:49:06 AM

I have sold over 120 Ants S1 in the past 2 weeks , I have got between 0.33BTC - 0.4BTC ,They would have probably made 0.6BTC running until Dec , but for the extra 0.2BTC and storage and power, I felt it wasnt worth it.
What i am doing now , well thats a whole new thread
where did you sell it? and from many of your buyer, where are from?
my friend try to sell it, but nobody interested here (in asia)
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 04:50:26 AM

Someone should set up a museum of Bitcoin mining hardware. (An online museum would be a good start.) For each unit, show the date introduced, the hash rate, the cost, the profitability, and the date the unit became unprofitable.

It would be cool to have them all in a row - desktop PC, graphics cards, FPGA boards, USB stick devices, the first ASIC-based cards, water cooled racks of ASICs ...

Whatever happened with that "Bitcoin store" that was supposed to open in New York City?

"Bitcoin hash rate will go to the moon!"

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:28:14 PM

Someone should set up a museum of Bitcoin mining hardware. (An online museum would be a good start.) For each unit, show the date introduced, the hash rate, the cost, the profitability, and the date the unit became unprofitable.

It would be cool to have them all in a row - desktop PC, graphics cards, FPGA boards, USB stick devices, the first ASIC-based cards, water cooled racks of ASICs ...

Whatever happened with that "Bitcoin store" that was supposed to open in New York City?

I think forum user DocZombie has an online museum setup:

https://www.thebitcoinmuseum.com/index.php/

Not sure if there's a Bitcoin store per se in NYC, but there's the NYC Bitcoin Center that's right down the block from the NY Stock Exchange.  They have regular Bitcoin live auctions, get togethers and events, classes, sell Cointerra equipment, and last I heard was adding a Bitcoin ATM pretty soon:

http://nycbitcoincenter.com/

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Harley997

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:41:04 AM

Some may argue that the network hashrate is already well past the moon. The numerical rate at which the difficulty is increasing is multiples of the difficulty that was in effect late last year

PRIMEDICE
LYCAN

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:50:36 AM

if someone wants to sell antminer at decent price i am interested to buy.. just pm me .. escrow can be accpeted but you pay the fees.. Smiley
KimNam

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:53:51 PM

if someone wants to sell antminer at decent price i am interested to buy.. just pm me .. escrow can be accpeted but you pay the fees.. Smiley
where do you live? i'll forward your offer to my friend who want to sell S1 Tongue
if he still want to sell it or still not sold
nickgaff

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:38:47 PM

where is the seller located?
LYCAN

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:03:25 AM

if anyone wants to sell 1 or 2 antminer please let me know..
bitcoinbelieve

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:20:19 PM

Is undervolt same thing as underclock?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:43:48 AM

Undervolting is changing the voltage to a lower voltage. Since power used is based off the square of the voltage, a small change in volatge can mean big power savings.  But of course it can't run as fast.

Underclocking means turning down the speed (clock speed) that the miner runs at.  This can be done usually without touching the voltage.  Typically most people try to run the fastest clock as the lowest possible voltage needed to get them to the desired clock.
argovian

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:17:37 PM

I might also be interested in some Antminer S1's at the right price Smiley can pay USD or BTC.
thejewelrytech

Activity: 122

I Quantum Leap to different worlds when I sleep...

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:20:24 PM

If your a Gambling man?I would undervolt it and try too SOLO Mine with it @ http://bitsolo.net using it in a pool setting actually gives you a fighting chance too actually find a block since your working off the pool's Nonce's instead of Solo mining on your own Nonce's which is most likely not going to cut it at this hashrate.
I believe the S1's are one of the few older newer machines that  can actually solve a block these days? Many of the older machines I don't believe have the NONCE using capacity too even find a share in the BILLIONS? Like Block Eruptors and USB sticks I think they completely lack the technology and Nonce using capabilities and will never find a block at these levels and going forward?I could be wrong? But I have yet too see any proof that they are even capable? and have read many of the older machines are limited with the NONCE'S they can use and apply to solving a block. But the S1 has proven already it can find a share in the Billions unlike the others like this  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573238.msg6247114#msg6247114.
 It's a long shot still but with a real possibility I would think better odds then any STATE lottery? and Hey worth a Gamble for 25 Bitcoins for a small price of electricity undervolted the payoff could be big Wink That's what I'm going to do Grin

Your either part of THE SOLUTION?Or your part of THE PROBLEM!
Harley997

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:10:31 AM

Undervolting is changing the voltage to a lower voltage. Since power used is based off the square of the voltage, a small change in volatge can mean big power savings.  But of course it can't run as fast.

Underclocking means turning down the speed (clock speed) that the miner runs at.  This can be done usually without touching the voltage.  Typically most people try to run the fastest clock as the lowest possible voltage needed to get them to the desired clock.
In other words they both are ways to increase electrical efficiency of the machines while reducing overall hashrate.

PRIMEDICE
ALToids

Activity: 519

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:47:31 AM

In other words they both are ways to increase electrical efficiency of the machines while reducing overall hashrate.

Undervolting will significantly increase the efficiency per watt, you may not necessarily see a decrease in hashrate.

Underclocking will significantly decrease the hashrate, you may not necessarily see a increase in efficiency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: