Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:20:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Very Early Adopters  (Read 4593 times)
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:41:45 AM

friend told me about it in 2011 I shrugged it off as eeeh whats the point.
friend did not become rich.. so feel a little better about that heh :p
but yeah if only I had listenened.

I do know people who bought 10,000's for like next to nothing... depresses me each day it was not me.

You signed up in April 2012. Back then, 1 BTC was like what? $5? You're still an early adopter.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:44:45 AM

When I first got interested in Bitcoin and opened an account on an exchange, BTC was at $96.
I waited for it to come to $90 so that I could buy 2 full BTC with my $180 I had just transferred.

It never came down to $90, shot upwards and I was just watching it with a shock. Finally I had to buy at much much higher price.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:57:53 AM

First heard of bitcoin from wikileaks, wished I'd looked into more back then. We're still in the very early days, none of friends have a clue about crypto-currencies.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

If you are reading this in the summer of 2014, and you have any BTC, congratulations. You are an early adopter, and you will soon be rich if you choose to hold.
I saw the Video although I believe in bitcoin but somewhere I found this video biased , because it only talks about successful companies like Twitter , Facebook , Google.  and their S curve , but there are also so many companies out there who never grows that big. We all know bitcoin is not a company[which is in favor of bitcoin] but it will not have a similar kinda of advertising , and will be restricted in use till some killer app comes out...
You misunderstand... The blockchain is the new technological innovation. Bitcion IS the first killer app, of many! Countless more apps are being developed right now as we speak, millions of dollars of funding being poured in to all sorts of new start-ups! An entire economy is springing up around Bitcoin RIGHT NOW! There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is the beginning of a new era of finance innovation.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:02:54 PM

I am bullish on Bitcoin but I fail to see wide mainstream adoption until people start to get their salaries in Bitcoins. It's something like all the geeks are already here, but for average Joe to join, things must be much much simpler. Given that + the fact there are many many considerable players in altcoin field, I'm not too confident another bubble is coming soon...

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 07:32:46 PM

I am bullish on Bitcoin but I fail to see wide mainstream adoption until people start to get their salaries in Bitcoins. It's something like all the geeks are already here, but for average Joe to join, things must be much much simpler. Given that + the fact there are many many considerable players in altcoin field, I'm not too confident another bubble is coming soon...

Maybe companies can use bitcoins without the clients to know for international transactions and it can become a more widely mean of storing wealth, I think Bitcoin can get to a valuation of a hundred billions without massive adoption or speculation on a massive adoption

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 08:19:54 PM

The adoption rate of Bitcoin and Cryptos in general is only going to continue to grow. Sit tight and be right.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:20:40 PM

I do know people who bought 10,000's for like next to nothing... depresses me each day it was not me.

at some point you have to get over it.. because 1) you can't do anything to change it, and 2) it will eat you alive. i've come to grips with my share - sure i'd like more, but i don't need to feel bad about it anymore.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:16:57 PM

at some point you have to get over it.. because 1) you can't do anything to change it, and 2) it will eat you alive. i've come to grips with my share - sure i'd like more, but i don't need to feel bad about it anymore.
Guys, don't feel bad about not having 10,000BTC! In case you haven't noticed, only about 10,000,000 own a portion of any bitcoin. Less than 1% of America, and less than 0.05% of the world! Once bitcoin is mainstream, people will be sad they're not YOU! You are VERY EARLY to the game! Those few BTC you have will be MUCH larger in value in the future! Just look at the charts!

Don't feel bad for small amount, if you own 0.08 or more, you're still better off than I am!

And if you look around the forum, there's plenty of people giving proof why Bitcoin will continue to rise in the future.

It's going to work out!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:19:15 PM

Guys, don't feel bad about not having 10,000BTC! In case you haven't noticed, only about 10,000,000 own a portion of any bitcoin. Less than 1% of America, and less than 0.05% of the world! Once bitcoin is mainstream, people will be sad they're not YOU! You are VERY EARLY to the game! Those few BTC you have will be MUCH larger in value in the future! Just look at the charts!

Don't feel bad for small amount, if you own 0.08 or more, you're still better off than I am!

And if you look around the forum, there's plenty of people giving proof why Bitcoin will continue to rise in the future.

It's going to work out!

you only own .08 BTC?

how can you get more?

beetcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:19:28 PM

It's going to work out!

thinking like that is kind of setting yourself up for failure though. bitcoin will never replace fiat, but it could be really big. also, there's evidence that bitcoin could be huge, but there's also very good reason to think that it will crater and crash. the future is unknown, so don't expect too much or you'll get stomped.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:43:01 PM

you only own .08 BTC?

how can you get more?

Well, I've worked for mine, and I have no intent on buying any. It's more like a seperate currency with side jobs for me. It's also easier to work for it as opposed to buying it, but that's just my opinion.

thinking like that is kind of setting yourself up for failure though. bitcoin will never replace fiat, but it could be really big. also, there's evidence that bitcoin could be huge, but there's also very good reason to think that it will crater and crash. the future is unknown, so don't expect too much or you'll get stomped.
I'm thinking like that only to cheer you guys up. I have a much more semi-pessimistic state of mind otherwise. I expect it to remain at this value (In a slightly-more optimistic scenario)  for a long time, but it could always just drop into oblivion. The future is the future, and I haven't met any time travelers yet.

However, bitcoin MAY replace fiat. Not by being the cheif currency of every nation, but changing it out so that cryptos become common within nations, maybe going so far as being the gold reserve for said cryptos. Or another coin will take over, I don't know. The future is anyone's guess.
beetcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:18:26 PM

you only own .08 BTC?

how can you get more?

Well, I've worked for mine, and I have no intent on buying any. It's more like a seperate currency with side jobs for me. It's also easier to work for it as opposed to buying it, but that's just my opinion.

I'm thinking like that only to cheer you guys up. I have a much more semi-pessimistic state of mind otherwise. I expect it to remain at this value (In a slightly-more optimistic scenario)  for a long time, but it could always just drop into oblivion. The future is the future, and I haven't met any time travelers yet.

However, bitcoin MAY replace fiat. Not by being the cheif currency of every nation, but changing it out so that cryptos become common within nations, maybe going so far as being the gold reserve for said cryptos. Or another coin will take over, I don't know. The future is anyone's guess.

ha, it's not even worth anyone's time to cheer up people who did not get-rich-quick.. and are still holding out for it.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:59:49 PM

The adoption rate of Bitcoin and Cryptos in general is only going to continue to grow. Sit tight and be right.

We all hope that will happen, bitcoin was on a realy insane uptrend that resulted in over 1200 $ price, but soon enough , it was followed by bad press, and finaly, that mt.gox "fall" that pushed it back.
Generay, bitcoin is still quite new, and the real sharks are yet to come to this doman.
Hopefully we get some real , steady grow, and not just push n' pull action
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:00:31 AM

We all hope that will happen, bitcoin was on a realy insane uptrend that resulted in over 1200 $ price, but soon enough , it was followed by bad press, and finaly, that mt.gox "fall" that pushed it back.
Generay, bitcoin is still quite new, and the real sharks are yet to come to this doman.

I am hoping that we can follow this latest month or so of growth that we have seen.  It has been more gradual than the rise in Nov/Dec of last year.   Admittedly, shooting straight up is far more exciting, but those rises are usually followed by sharp corrections. 
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 07:26:01 AM

I am hoping that we can follow this latest month or so of growth that we have seen.  It has been more gradual than the rise in Nov/Dec of last year.   Admittedly, shooting straight up is far more exciting, but those rises are usually followed by sharp corrections. 

Sharp rises followed by sharp corrections has been the way it is going up; if next rise goes from 600>5000>2800 we should be very happy Grin Some will sold at 1,500$ thinking it is the top, some @ 2,000$ 3,000$...and some lucky ones @ 5,000$ Wink

Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:59:06 AM

I am amazed how few people in the US know about bitcoin and even fewer understand it.  I work in a very technical field which allows me to travel and I am constantly surveying technical folks of all ages what they think about bitcoin.  I would say only about half of the people have even heard about it, of those about 80% of the folks say stay away or "if you can find someone to give you real dollars for bitcoin, do it!"...

I've also noticed that bitcoin does get news coverage but it is almost always buried on the major media outlet's sites.  Most major headlines are very negative so I can't blame Joe Public for shying away.

All in all, we are very early in this game and I'm excited to see opinions sway in favor of bitcoin in future months/years.

I personally think there will be an "Aha moment" whether it be a killer app or a market correction where big banks move to bitcoin as a store and the sheep will follow quickly.  Just a matter of time but the train is still in the station at this point in time.  Cool
haha,, in Indonesia also had a chance to reject the bitcoin payments for fear of damaging the circulation of money
Bitcoin concept actually is an alternative media that provides convenience in transacting online. In contrast to process financial transactions that we know so far, Bitcoin provide an alternative that allows every person on earth to send and receive Bitcoin each other without banking bureaucracy takes time and costs.

Concept as an alternative medium of payment is then started to change, when it emerged the notion that Bitcoin could be an investment asset. Bitcoin purchases in bulk by way of exchanging a number of Fiat (government regulated the currency of a country) is then led to the purchase price and the selling Bitcoin higher. This price increase is reasonable occurred in the law of supply and demand - Bitcoin is a digital currency that embraces the concept of a limited number (scarcity), instead of a digital currency that can be 'printed' or published in a number arbitrarily.
Stery

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:02:02 AM

This is not only in the US but in other countries also
bitgold

Activity: 353

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:11:55 AM

Back in 2011 I told a few friends about bitcoin, only 1 in 5 got interested.

It seems whether a person will become interested is predetermined, independent of what you say

Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:27:04 PM

In a few years more we will say: oh did you remember when Bitcoin was about 500-700 bucks each and tought that was expensive?

Now that's the price for one damn Satoshi !

Haha, what is certain is that by the end of this year, minimum price for that cripto will touch the 2-2.5k
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: