Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 12:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why satoshi is gone?  (Read 5727 times)
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:28:21 PM

If i was him, and BTC was on such up trend, like it was and still is, i'd disapear too. I cant imagine pressure that so much BTC in your wallet can create, let alone community and everything else that would drag his quality of life down. More he posted larger chance for him to be discovered. Once that would happen, his life would be over (not killed...just raped by media etc.). Screw that...i'd dissapear too.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:39:56 PM

No one really knows where satoshi is and what he is currently doing,

All we know is that he has moved on to something else, or so he sais. Maybe he's still involved in bitcoin but under another name to be even more anonymous.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:51:04 PM

Because he is a genius.

People are dumb, panicky animals and he knew it. The media relies on attacking people. Without a person to attack, all we are left with is the tech. You can't force math into obedience and you can't frighten people with the possibility that the bad bad computer might run off with their money.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:55:33 PM

he is gone because he/they would now be in jail or dead.

last time i saw him there:

bangalore

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:57:07 PM

he lost his private keys and thats why he left  Roll Eyes

Smiley
gondel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:32:30 PM

Few months ago Satoshi posted that he is not Dorian Nakamoto

No, Satoshi himself didn't.

If ANY kind of statements regarding Satoshi are not signed by him, it's not him.....
May be he posted this with another account with which he is getting full member status and hope to join a sig campaign and to try to scam and spam over the forum. BTW there is huge chance that he is staying behind someones profile. Nobody knows Smiley
BR
Gondel
abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:10:06 PM

Few months ago Satoshi posted that he is not Dorian Nakamoto

No, Satoshi himself didn't.

If ANY kind of statements regarding Satoshi are not signed by him, it's not him.....
May be he posted this with another account with which he is getting full member status and hope to join a sig campaign and to try to scam and spam over the forum. BTW there is huge chance that he is staying behind someones profile. Nobody knows Smiley
BR
Gondel

I think that AGD is referring to the "recent" comment in the P2P Foundation forum by the same user - Satoshi Nakamoto - that in February 2009 started a discussion about his idea of a P2P currency:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source?commentId=2003008%3AComment%3A52186
Newmine

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:20:42 PM

Satoshi was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. He knew he would no longer be able to maintain the fake online identity without help from others. So he abandoned it and created a real identity. This real identity registered here 2 weeks before Satoshi's last post and the person later came forward as being the first person to receive a bitcoin that was not mined. This happened the first week of bitcoins existence. Before bitcoin, Satoshi created a proof-of-work called RPOW which is arguably the precursor to bitcoins POW. Satoshi's real identity also admitted being involved with BTC in the beginning and the conveniently walked away from BTC only to return at the very same time Satoshi disappears.

Nobody just walks away from something like this. Satoshi literally didn't and can't. He is still here, reading not posting.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:28:58 PM

Satoshi was diagnosed with Amnesia. He forgot that he created Bitcoin.

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 08:29:24 PM

Maybe he wanted its creation to have a natural course without the owner's interference and he thought it was better for Bitcoin if he wasn't publicly behind

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

Blinken

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:18:36 PM

He was whacked by the Bilderburg Commission or Trilateral Group or something like that.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:32:01 PM

He was whacked by the Bilderburg Commission or Trilateral Group or something like that.

Satoshi was still alive this spring after the Newsweek article came out.
He has moved on to other things.  Smiley

FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:10:18 PM

He got fed up with his pet project being swarmed by lunatic AnCaps and left in disgust

boom, headshot. i think this is probably not the case, but awesome punch line. most likely he figured bitcoin got to the point where he no longer needed to play an active role.
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:47:25 AM

Today, in our gluttonous society, very few people would present such a fantastic idea and remain anonymous.  There is a degree of contentment in anonymity.
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:31:06 AM

i'm thinking gavin's agreeing to meet with the CIA was a BIG part of his reason for leaving.  just a hunch

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:34:32 AM

i'm thinking gavin's agreeing to meet with the CIA was a BIG part of his reason for leaving.  just a hunch

I don't think he left, i think he was arrested, as he probably worked for the USA government and Bitcoin is an idea he has unleashed to destroy the dollar and all fiat.

Worst case, USA probably has his private keys and will destroy Bitcoin whenever it wants to by releasing continuous stream of coins onto the markets for months on end.

If he was not arrested by the CIA he completely disappeared because he probably would be arrested and he had unleashed his idea on the world and knew it would grow like a virus and never be stopped.

second worst case, satoshi waits for bitcoin to be worth a million a coin and shows up on the world stage with his private keys in tow. His financial power puts him in position to rule the world as its dictator for the next 50 years.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
cech4204a

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 02:56:56 AM

I think he made all his dreams come true by implementing BTC. Why he is gone is another question, but i think he might be even dead by this day, since he has many many enemies in this world.

Bitcoin is DEAD
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:59:30 AM

i'm thinking gavin's agreeing to meet with the CIA was a BIG part of his reason for leaving.  just a hunch

Possibly.

Gavin said he was in email contact with Satoshi until ~ April 2011.

Satoshi also posted to his p2p profile when the Dorian stuff went down earlier this year.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:05:16 AM

I think he made all his dreams come true by implementing BTC. Why he is gone is another question, but i think he might be even dead by this day, since he has many many enemies in this world.

Satoshi is probably not dead.  Alteast he was alive on March 7, 2014 when he posted this on his p2p profile:

" Satoshi Nakamoto on March 7, 2014 at 1:17

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.
"

Link  http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/xn/detail/2003008:Comment:52186
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:25:34 AM

If you guys write a folk song about him he'll probably be a little pissed.  Just say'in.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: