Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:25:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale: 29 Thousand "Washed" Bitcoins  (Read 1427 times)
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:51:43 AM

I wonder how they got them washed or even they know those coins are actually there. I hope a hacker gets those coins first.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:12:37 AM

Fucking organized crime, they went after the easiest money they can make, so they can make money, I wonder how much it cost them to do an investigation on silkroad, my guess is nothing since it was the tax payers that paid it.  Tax payers should get that money back from bitcoins.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:59:34 PM

I don't understand this attitude they are "washed", "verified", etc. My bitcoins are accepted anywhere bitcoins are accepted. Aren't they worth just the same? Smiley

Bitcoin is fungable however people often do not wish for the bitcoin in their wallet to be associated with other addresses associated with illegal activity
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 12:40:40 PM

I don't understand this attitude they are "washed", "verified", etc. My bitcoins are accepted anywhere bitcoins are accepted. Aren't they worth just the same? Smiley

Bitcoin is fungable however people often do not wish for the bitcoin in their wallet to be associated with other addresses associated with illegal activity

That is pretty stupid "wish". Open your purse an take out a coin or a bank note. Are you sure that note was not associated with some shady activity? No. Most probably it is. Do you throw that bill away? No. The same expectations should be applied to Bitcoin by default.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:24:17 AM

I doubt most people would know however. When I buy BTC, all I see is the amount that I want and an address (or addresses) with random characters that sends it to me. Same goes for everyone else. Most people (shops included) aren't going to put in the time and effort to trace back any of the transactions that they receive. Plus the practice of using change addresses would make it rather difficult to know whose money actually belongs to whom.
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:31:05 AM

Once the coins hit an exchange or mixer it's pretty much a moot point.  I'm sure I get change from the dope dealer when I buy some carrots at the supermarket.  As long as the bill is not laced I don't care.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: