Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:01:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Local bitcoin market.  (Read 10953 times)
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 31, 2010, 11:02:34 PM

Anyone else in the greater Louisville, Kentucky area?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knightmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2010, 09:13:04 PM

About the closest you'll find so far is me, as part of the greater Nashville, TN area.

Timekoin - The World's Most Energy Efficient Encrypted Digital Currency
imnichol

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2010, 10:06:49 PM

Minnesota up in here!
llama

Activity: 103
Merit: 61

View Profile
August 02, 2010, 02:47:38 AM

Cincinnati!

joechip

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 02, 2010, 11:15:09 AM

Cincinnati!

North Florida.  Grin

Ta,
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2010, 05:12:59 PM

Oahu.

But I have lived in Asheville, NC, and may again. That's not so far from you guys.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 02, 2010, 05:24:03 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2010, 05:51:05 PM by kiba

Obviously, we're too dispersed to have a local bitcoin economy. But I think we could advertise and get people in certain area to use bitcoins though. Specifically, I am thinking of a town in New Hampshire with lot of agorists in it.

Edit: fix missing adjective.

joechip

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 02, 2010, 05:49:11 PM

Obviously, we're too dispersed to have a bitcoin economy. But I think we could advertise and get people in certain area to use bitcoins though. Specifically, I am thinking of a town in New Hampshire with lot of agorists in it.

It is why craigslist for bitcoins is an excellent idea.

ta,
sabbers

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 02, 2010, 05:50:17 PM

Im from new york, staten island.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2010, 05:54:11 PM

Obviously, we're too dispersed to have a bitcoin economy. But I think we could advertise and get people in certain area to use bitcoins though. Specifically, I am thinking of a town in New Hampshire with lot of agorists in it.

It is why craigslist for bitcoins is an excellent idea.

ta,

Using the town market model, you could have business model to do arbitrage. What is not so highly valued valued in one town may be highly valued in another town. Using that knowledge, you could profit the difference.

You still need heavy concentration of bitcoin users in towns and cities though.

sgtstein

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2010, 02:33:34 AM

Minnesota up in here!

Hey! Got another one in the hot and muggy MN! Just north of the TC here :-D
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2010, 04:34:42 AM

Obviously, we're too dispersed to have a local bitcoin economy. But I think we could advertise and get people in certain area to use bitcoins though. Specifically, I am thinking of a town in New Hampshire with lot of agorists in it.

What town would that be?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Anonymous

August 04, 2010, 04:59:21 AM

What town would that be?

I think it would be Keene.There is also agorist acres in Grafton  Smiley
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 06:01:32 PM

What town would that be?

Hmm, you could even set up a logistic company that ferry goods between Keene and Grafton. I think somebody in both Keene and Grafton must first promote bitcoins amongst the libertarian crowd.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 07:54:16 PM

Hmm, you could even set up a logistic company that ferry goods between Keene and Grafton. I think somebody in both Keene and Grafton must first promote bitcoins amongst the libertarian crowd.

Be careful not to confuse your ideologies.  Libertarianism and agorism are closely related, but they are not the same thing.  Generally speaking, agorists are libs who have dropped the 'live and let live' non-aggression principle in favor of an intentionally subversive market stragedy with the intent of 'starving the beast'.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2010, 09:18:49 PM

Be careful not to confuse your ideologies.  Libertarianism and agorism are closely related, but they are not the same thing.  Generally speaking, agorists are libs who have dropped the 'live and let live' non-aggression principle in favor of an intentionally subversive market stragedy with the intent of 'starving the beast'.

I don't think that's quite right. Most libs will vote and advocate for politicians to rule over us, they just want nicer, less intrusive ones.

Agorists actually do live and let live and this will have the effect of "starving the beast". It is not aggressive to avoid aggressive people.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 09:42:26 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2010, 11:49:07 AM by kiba

I think it would be Keene.There is also agorist acres in Grafton  Smiley

Be careful not to confuse your ideologies.  Libertarianism and agorism are closely related, but they are not the same thing.  Generally speaking, agorists are libs who have dropped the 'live and let live' non-aggression principle in favor of an intentionally subversive market stragedy with the intent of 'starving the beast'.

I don't think that's quite right. Most libs will vote and advocate for politicians to rule over us, they just want nicer, less intrusive ones.

Agorists actually do live and let live and this will have the effect of "starving the beast". It is not aggressive to avoid aggressive people.

Agorists are anarchists who don't think voting will work. So they advocate subversive but nonviolent and beneficial behaviors.

Edit: Fix Double Negative

Anonymous

August 07, 2010, 04:28:54 AM

What town would that be?

see Spooner Delivery - http://spoonerdelivery.com/
Anonymous

August 07, 2010, 05:06:14 AM

Has anyone thought that bitcoin deserves its own ism?

I call it crypto-agorism .... using crytpography to cut out the need for the state to protect your property ie your cash.

There should be a wiki page for it.... but they may delete it because no-one has used the term before  lol

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2010, 08:32:23 AM

Agorists are anarchists who don't think voting won't work. So they advocate subversive but nonviolent and beneficial behaviors.

I'm having trouble parsing that. You say agorists do think voting will work? Or just that this isn't a good enough distinguishing characteristic from libertarians? I agree that some libertarians don't believe voting is good if that's all you mean.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: