Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:40:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Paid] [Bounty: 10 BTC] Bitcoind build instructions for Centos x86 and x64  (Read 15537 times)
weex (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 07:28:08 PM

This is just the Steurer guide copied over to a forum. Changing the version is not enough. Let me know if you actually build v0.6 from this and I'll give it a shot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrownCloud

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 07:36:48 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2012, 07:51:18 PM by speedbus

This is just the Steurer guide copied over to a forum. Changing the version is not enough. Let me know if you actually build v0.6 from this and I'll give it a shot.

Well, I went more than half way through and got bored because of the time it took to compile on my VPS,

I went till the Berkeley DB Part, works perfectly till there.

CrownCloud - Internet Services
Dedicated servers, OpenVZ and KVM based VPSes and  in 4 locations. (We accept Bitcoin !)
http://crowncloud.net/
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 08:41:48 PM

Ok, I may be hung over, but the script is working.

I wanted to just paste it into the forums, but when I do, it messes up the tabs and spaces.  Instead, you'll need to download them.

Build Script
Makefile

Download these two files into a normal user's home directory ( /home/whatever ), set the script executable, then run it.  The script will fetch the packages, build them, then build bitcoind.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 08:06:35 PM

This worked for me without a hitch on both a 32-bit and 64-bit CentOS system. I figure anyone who would have an objection should have said something by now.

Do you mind if I throw these two files up in a git repo?

Please post your address to claim the bounty.
kjj
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 12:07:29 PM

Sure, put them anywhere you think they will be the most useful.

And the address in my signature will be fine.

I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:26:13 PM

Paid. These files are now hosted in a git repo at https://github.com/weex/bitcoind-centos
TT

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 01:09:15 PM

I tried that script and I get this error:

g++ -pthread -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat-security -g -DNOPCH -I/root/Bitcoin/Libraries/bitcoin-master/src -DUSE_SSL -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -I"/home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/include" -static -o bitcoind obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/script.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o   -Wl,-Bstatic -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_system.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_filesystem.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_program_options.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_thread.a /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libdb_cxx.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libssl.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libcrypto.a -lgcc -Wl,-Bstatic -l z -l dl -l pthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bitcoind] Error 1

What is this z library, why isn't it installed, and where can I get it?
kjj
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:00:18 PM

g++ -pthread -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat-security -g -DNOPCH -I/root/Bitcoin/Libraries/bitcoin-master/src -DUSE_SSL -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -I"/home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/include" -static -o bitcoind obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/script.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o   -Wl,-Bstatic -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_system.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_filesystem.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_program_options.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_thread.a /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libdb_cxx.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libssl.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libcrypto.a -lgcc -Wl,-Bstatic -l z -l dl -l pthread

It is a very common compression library.  You should be able to install it with:

Code:
yum install zlib

Wordlet

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 04:18:35 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2012, 06:02:46 PM by Wordlet

g++ -pthread -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat-security -g -DNOPCH -I/root/Bitcoin/Libraries/bitcoin-master/src -DUSE_SSL -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -I"/home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/include" -static -o bitcoind obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/script.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o   -Wl,-Bstatic -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_system.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_filesystem.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_program_options.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libboost_thread.a /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libdb_cxx.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libssl.a -mtl /home/root/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libcrypto.a -lgcc -Wl,-Bstatic -l z -l dl -l pthread

It is a very common compression library.  You should be able to install it with:

Code:
yum install zlib

I get the same error, I have both zlib and zlib-devel installed.

EDIT: Installing zlib-static solved that error. I then got a second error for -ldl and installing glibc-static solved that issue too. Now that I look at the output from TT I notice that the build failed in a completely different place, mine failed at the very end when it's using the new makfile on bitcoind. So his problem is probably just not having zlib/zlib-devel installed.

Also, I think my problem may have been because I didn't remove the Bitcoin/ directory after some failed builds earlier from missing dependencies.
kjj
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 06:28:20 PM

First, make sure you are not trying to do this as root.  There are several places where absolute paths must be specified without tilde expansion, so the path must be under /home/.  You can set the ownership of the binary to root and install it in a system path after it is built, but the build process only works as a different user.

Second, if you've recently installed zlib and/or zlib-devel, make sure you run ldconfig as root to update the library cache and symlinks.

kjj
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 06:20:47 AM

Are you guys still having problems?

Wordlet

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 01:32:53 PM

Nope, guess I didn't make it clear in my EDIT:, I got it built after installing the *-static packages. Which I probably could've avoided by just doing the ldconfig thing you mentioned. Thanks for the cool script. Smiley

Now if only someone would make a .rpm and keep it up to date... Wink
jfreak53

Activity: 298
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 05:45:52 PM

Anyone have any info on this now?  We're trying to get 0.6.3 to compile in CentOS 5 and it's just not working at all, been working on it now for 2 days.

█ █ microtronixdc.com - Performance VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Full-Rack options!
Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 08:28:55 PM

Anyone have any info on this now?  We're trying to get 0.6.3 to compile in CentOS 5 and it's just not working at all, been working on it now for 2 days.
What kind of error message do you get? Where does the compile fail? Haven't tried compiling it myself...
kjj
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 01:40:09 AM

Sorry guys, I was very busy today and didn't have time to look at this.  Actually, I still am, but for different reasons.  I'll check this out as soon as I can, but that might end up being tomorrow morning instead of tonight.

jfreak53

Activity: 298
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 01:27:26 PM

Well thanks for the help, I ended up just moving us to ubuntu 11 because centos was 2 days running trying to compile with no luck.  With each version of this thing they make it harder and harder to compile in centos. Plus it gets more bloated each time. Before 3 clients used 375MB of ram, now those same 3 use 580MB of ram, this thing is a pig now!

The only problem in Ubuntu is the Boost bug that still is not fixed since version 9.04 Smiley ha ha. But I just added LC_ALL=C to our locale file and it work's fine, since this is the only thing the server's are used for.

Thanks though.

█ █ microtronixdc.com - Performance VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Full-Rack options!
Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!
kjj
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:50:54 PM

Everything looks fine right up until actually trying to build bitcoind.

Code:
bitcoinrpc.cpp: In function âvoid RPCAcceptHandler(boost::shared_ptr<boost::asio::basic_socket_acceptor<Protocol, SocketAcceptorService> >, boost::asio::ssl::context&, bool, AcceptedConnection*, const boost::system::error_code&)â:
bitcoinrpc.cpp:2771: error: reference to âerrorâ is ambiguous
util.h:135: error: candidates are: bool error(const char*, ...)
/home/kjj2/Bitcoin/Deps/include/boost/asio/error.hpp:57: error:                 namespace boost::asio::error { }
make: *** [obj/bitcoinrpc.o] Error 1

To be honest, I have no idea here.  I can't tell if this is because it is expecting a different version of boost, or if there was some syntax change in c++ between the version of gcc-g++ that ships with CentOS and the version that the devs use.  Since the docs say any version of boost after 1.37 is fine, but make no mention of the c++ version (at least not that I've noticed), I'm thinking it is probably the second one.

I'll grab a copy of bitcoin-master (0.6.99) and attempt to compile on a different box, and the beta 1.50 boost release.  Maybe one of those will give me a clue of some sort.

Sant001

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 12:33:05 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2012, 01:12:51 AM by BTCCHINA

Trying to compile it on a Centos 5.5 x64, got countless errors related to python, not sure why, I have python 2.4.3 installed:

The script kept going and it seemed fine until it finished like this:

Code:
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/test/wallet_tests.cpp
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/ui_interface.h
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/uint256.h
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/util.cpp
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/util.h
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/version.cpp
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/version.h
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/wallet.cpp
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/wallet.h
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/walletdb.cpp
bitcoin-bitcoin-6e3a1a3/src/walletdb.h
cat: /home/root/makefile.new: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `bitcoind'.  Stop.
cp: cannot stat `bitcoind': No such file or directory
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 02:35:04 AM

Does anybody have a working binary for CentOS, I have been trying to compile this makefile for about 2 days with a plethora of errors and one that seems to keep occurring:
Code:

I'll send 1BTC to somebody for a working makefile or binary.

Thanks guys.
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 04:47:21 AM

Code:
/home/bytedisorder/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libcrypto.a -lgcc -Wl,-Bstatic -l z -l dl -l pthread
/home/bytedisorder/Bitcoin/Deps/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o): In function `dlfcn_globallookup':
dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x21): warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
obj/netbase.o: In function `LookupIntern':
/home/bytedisorder/bitcoin-master/src/netbase.cpp:90: warning: Using 'getaddrinfo' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':

This seems to be the cause of the error, but this is a bit beyond me. I believe i have all of the needed libraries installed.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: