Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:50:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who wants more bitcoin expansion locally + a job  (Read 3670 times)
franky1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:28:18 PM

ok guys enough sitting on sofa's complaining of 51%ing

who seriously wants shops/businesses in their town to accept bitcoin and they want a job at the same time?

so here is the plan.
stage 1 if you are seriously interested, you know about bitcoin enough to know how to use bitpay, your good at sales pitches and you have lots of shops, stores, businesses and services near you that you simply wish would take bitcoin. keep reading.

what will happen is an IRC chat will be set up where those truly interested can come to talk and thrash out idea's.. but before that, here is the main idea.

2) we all collectively seek out tigerdirect/overstock and find the cheapest workable tablet PC that will run the bitpay app and maybe a exchange service. we then contact the supplier to see if they do any bulk discount.

3) next is to look at your area and see what is the average fair 'consultation fee' is.

4) then start going around to all of those businesses and tell them that for (consultation fee+tablet price) you can set them up with a working tablet PC that has been set up with bitpay for that business to start accepting bitcoin and includes X hours of consultation/training.

5) setup a meeting for the following week where you take the fee, buy the discounted tablet (week delay in meeting to get tablet prepped) and then set them up

there are no contracted employment, no boss, no upfront costs. no multi level bullshit. just direct marketing. simply put the merchant prepays your labour and the tablet costs.

its the simplest business model that the title describes.

i am not the boss of this, this is all for you lot to organise,

now, discuss

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 07:33:12 PM

I am not the boss of this, this is all for you lot to organise,

now, discuss
Than it's not a job, it's an entrepreneurial venture. You actually had me excited for a minute there, I could use a job to pass the time. Would help with my depression I'm sure.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:37:38 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 07:58:40 PM by franky1

i think its worth noting:
a job.. in reality, involves getting off the sofa and doing work to earn your income. .. just thought you should know that

but anyone that truly wants a job can do it, it does not have to be controlled by a central entity. but thats where my idea tails off. if you like the idea but prefer a contracted employee.. stick around, if others want it, you can all form your own business if you want.

i can offer my guideance and idea's and experiences of doing it myself (as i have done already), but i prefer to leave my idea's open for anyone else to grab and turn them into anything they please. whether self employed or forming your company to then have the comfort of red tape and other government hindrances.

so lets get to the crux of it.
how many coffee shops, restaurants, fastfood places, taxi firms, hotels, motels, grocery stores and other places you feel will benefit from bitcoins in YOUR town

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 08:23:14 PM

I've actively been encouraging my fellow entrepreneurs in my area to adopt bitcoin. Many have and I believe the trend will continue.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:37:01 PM

If we arrange a meetup in an Indian city or a Bitcoin seminar in an Indian college, do u think tigerdirect/overstock/bitpay would be interested to sponsor that ?

franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:01:41 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 09:21:16 PM by franky1

If we arrange a meetup in an Indian city or a Bitcoin seminar in an Indian college, do u think tigerdirect/overstock/bitpay would be interested to sponsor that ?

before even thinking about grabbing free money just for you lot to sit on your ass talking which is a task that does nothing for the community, try talking for free and generate money from consulting with merchants and expanding bitcoin

i am sure businesses may sponsor actual expansion tasks.. but not just talking in a room over a beer.. the intent is to be talking to non bitcoin businesses. not to talk behind closed doors with each other.

but its all upto you

if you can get non bitcoin businesses to want to turn up to a meet up. go ahead

commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:27:46 PM

Well, that would be cool if you're a pretty good salesman and especially if you already kinda have a reputation for being a pretty good freelance IT person. Since you're working anyway, you might as well do some presentations and especially a demo on how easy accepting Bitcoin can be.
franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:36:20 PM

Well, that would be cool if you're a pretty good salesman and especially if you already kinda have a reputation for being a pretty good freelance IT person. Since you're working anyway, you might as well do some presentations and especially a demo on how easy accepting Bitcoin can be.

can you think of a few businesses in your town that can benefit from bitcoin?
do you know how to set up bitpay app/API?
to you know how to talk about bitcoin to a merchant?

do you think you can tell your local restaurant that for only $xxx (lets say $150) they can have their establishment set up for bitcoin, have full training and consultation, and a tablet PC to use for their customers payments?

remember guys YOU are the bitcoin community. if YOU want bitcoins expanded in YOUR town.. guess who should be inspired to do it.. YOU

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:39:44 PM

Ive thought many times about doing this very thing. I just wish I was a salesman. I couldnt sell ice to a guy in hell. Sad

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
btcbug

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:48:40 PM

can you think of a few businesses in your town that can benefit from bitcoin?
do you know how to set up bitpay app/API?
to you know how to talk about bitcoin to a merchant?

do you think you can tell your local restaurant that for only $xxx (lets say $150) they can have their establishment set up for bitcoin, have full training and consultation, and a tablet PC to use for their customers payments?

remember guys YOU are the bitcoin community. if YOU want bitcoins expanded in YOUR town.. guess who should be inspired to do it.. YOU

I really like your idea and actually discussed this same thing with a friend last year. Why didn't we start? Well who knows, I've got lots of excuses lol.

I don't know how to setup the bitpay app, but I can definitely learn!

Do I know how to talk to a merchant? Maybe, but I could always learn MORE!

I don't think you necessarily have to be a sales person or have much experience even. If you are passionate about something (BTC in this case) and you enjoy talking about how great you think it is, then I think you can start there and just improve along the way. Smiley

This is a great way to become an expert, improve your people skills, learn about managing a business and do what you love!

I am going to really consider getting started on this, since I am kind of looking for something to do right now (along with trading shit-coins) Smiley

franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:50:01 PM

Ive thought many times about doing this very thing. I just wish I was a salesman. I couldnt sell ice to a guy in hell. Sad

maybe you can stick around ('watch' this topic) as others who hav some true desire to get shops near their home to accept bitcoin can hlp you come up with some easy to use tips. even a few of you may wish to develop a leaflet that explains bitcoin. or even one of you be an all access skype/email consultant that businesses can go to where if it leads to a sale, that remote consultant gets a slice of your labour fee as a thanks.

take it any direction you please.

AmDD:
how many shops in your town do you personally have that you think will benefit from adopting bitcoin.
how many of those have you even asked if they accept bitcoin.
do you know enough about bitcoin to explain it man to man (dont think of it as a sales pitch)
do you know how bitpay works?

btcbug

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:02:56 PM

Anyone used Bitpay as a merchant? I am guessing a very basic android tablet would be fine, no?

For example here is a Lenovo for $99 currently with $20 rebate http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8563442&CatId=6845
btcbug

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:08:09 PM

Or a nice new HP for $125 http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/HP-7-Plus-1301-8-GB-Tablet-7-In-plane-Switching-IPS-Technology/9040049/product.html?refccid=RIWF26JUQYGKT4SCA6TU6EPMZY&searchidx=0

I'd probably stick with a brand name.
franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:15:33 PM

looking for the best tablet has to be functional

really good wifi/browser speeds and good touch/gesture sensitivity.. but ofcourse the more you go up the price the more it would eat into a 'reasonable' fee to charge the merchants, meaning less labour charge for you.

so keep searching.

their may come a point where there is enough interested people with x amount of semi interested merchants to get tiger/overstock to do some discount. maybe even get jgarzik (who works for bitpay) to program some ISO's with training video's and the bitpay app, to help make the consultation /training with merchant as easy as pie.

commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:15:57 PM

Anyone used Bitpay as a merchant? I am guessing a very basic android tablet would be fine, no?

For example here is a Lenovo for $99 currently with $20 rebate http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8563442&CatId=6845

BitPay? They may or may not go for the pricing depending on whether it's cheaper than just them using credit cards. Is there some other way to do this that won't involve a monthly fee?
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 10:19:23 PM

a job.. in reality, involves getting off the sofa and doing work to earn your income. .. just thought you should know that
Oh damn really?! I had no idea, that sounds awful! Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely avoid jobs in that case!

Your title is still wrong by the way, this pursuit of yours still does not qualify as a job. Words have meanings, we ought to respect them else language becomes useless.

Now if you want to front me some money and offer a weekly or bi-weekly wage for doing this work, I would be interested and you could actually call it a job without misrepresenting yourself.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:23:59 PM

This is an awesome idea. Our farmers market is finally opening this week. Might be a good time to mention bit coin to some merchants I have befriended. 

franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:28:04 PM

Oh damn really?! I had no idea, that sounds awful! Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely avoid jobs in that case!

Your title is still wrong by the way, this pursuit of yours still does not qualify as a job. Words have meanings, we ought to respect them else language becomes useless.

thats called contracted employment. (like woring in mcdonalds or walmart)

a job is not limited to that.. self employed people have jobs, entrepreuners have jobs, zero-hour contractors hav jobs.. but each are not contracted employee's

Now if you want to front me some money and offer a weekly or bi-weekly wage for doing this work, I would be interested and you could actually call it a job without misrepresenting yourself.

secondly fronting you money!!! again you dont get what a job is..
try working in mcdonalds and ask for your wage upfront
try some freelance gardening, wash someone car and ask for money upfront.

seriously..
why do people think they can get money for nothing these days!!!

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 10:29:51 PM

Err, no thanks! Wage slavery is not my style anymore, did that for about a decade and got bored.

Hmm perhaps because our government oligarchs do it daily with no repercussions? We slaves just want in on the action...

Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:30:46 PM

thats called contracted employment.

a job is not limited to that.. self employed people have jobs, entrepreuners have jobs, zero-hour contractors hav jobs.. but each are not contracted employee's

secondly fronting you money!!! again you dont get what a job is..

seriously..

Have you seen how much the US pays out in earned income credit each year? Money for nothing is an institution in the US now.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: