Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:41:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most easiest way to turn your bitcoins to fiat?  (Read 1726 times)
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:28:35 PM

I prefer coinbase though
You know they're a honeypot, right? Using Coinbase to turn bitcoins into USD is a great way to being harassed/audited by the IRS, even if you think you're doing everything correctly.

They'll also get interested if you're purchasing large quantities. I know somebody who is going through this right now. He used Coinbase to turn six figures worth of cash into bitcoins that he'd been holding on to from cashing out stock options back in 2012, then all of a sudden this year the IRS decided to dispute his basis calculation.

As it turned out they were wrong and actually he had overpayed so they had to give him a refund, but the refund did not come close to covering the time he lost to dealing with them.
bitbaby (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 12:20:00 AM

Couldn't open this site, it kept showing error.

Really depends on your Country ?
I am in Australia  and I now use a couple of trusted people on IRC now when I want to sell.

I send first, they send first, we all trust each other. Once we login to OTC (and nickserv) everyone happy and verified.
I know I will have the money in my bank account in 24 hour or whatever...  takes a little while to get to that level of trust, but you do due diligence.
Plus they know I will kneecap them =)

but yeah, what country ? or you just asking a general question ? I think its county dependent.

That's good I believe the majority of transactions which involves turning fiat to bitcoin or vice versa is based on one trusting the other based on his/her previous dealings and reputation. Which channel do you use on IRC to trade? It was more of a general question typically for people outside of USA.

I live in Romania and right now i don't know who to trust here for a sell so it depends on where do you live

Exactly my point. You can sell here using trusted escrow services but we definitely need secured, trusted exchanges to make this easy, fast and some sort of legal assurance that people will not lose their btc or fiat in the process.

The price you can obtain on LocalBitcoins depends on your reputation.

If you're willing to start with low margins and build up your reviews you will eventually get the trades from the people who will pay more to deal with somebody with the best reviews.

Yeah, I am learning more about them, will try to do some small trades to see how easy and reliable they are and for now they seem to be the only ones dealing with different local currencies.

Local Bitcoins seems nice to me, maybe the prices are not so current but it has a reputation system like ebay, and you also can find physical

cash over there.

Yeah, I see some people offer to provide cash trade in person. I will try this out at some point and see how it goes.

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:28:39 AM

Yeah if you're not in the States then localbitcoins would be the way to go. They do have automatic escrow built in last time I checked and generally it's the easiest place to find sellers. The only issue I have would be that pricing wise they are usually a bit worse than the exchanges. I would advise you try and spread your transactions over a few people (all with high feedback) to minimise the effects if you do by scammed (unlikely but it has happened before).
candydaze59

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:31:47 AM

What about Cryptsy ?
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:38:58 AM

What about Cryptsy ?

Last time I looked Cryptsy only deals with altcoins and not fiat. While they have stated that they will eventually implement an exchange feature there are still a lot of other (and better alternatives available).
bitbaby (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 12:43:46 AM

Yeah if you're not in the States then localbitcoins would be the way to go. They do have automatic escrow built in last time I checked and generally it's the easiest place to find sellers. The only issue I have would be that pricing wise they are usually a bit worse than the exchanges. I would advise you try and spread your transactions over a few people (all with high feedback) to minimise the effects if you do by scammed (unlikely but it has happened before).

Thank, I wouldn't even consider doing any trades there without an escrow and as I said I'll try with some smaller amount to see how it goes and will go from there.

What about Cryptsy ?

What about it? Do they offer turning bitcoins to fiat in different local currencies? I don't know about it, if you do, please share.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:58:46 AM

Coinbase is only available to US Citizens?  What about Circle?
gameristo
Legendary

Activity: 1399

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 03:17:38 AM

I am not selling, I am hodling my coins but I am asking more of a general question as to what is the safest, fastest and easiest way of doing this.

Also, there are plenty of trusted traders like me on this forum. There are many payment options depending on where you live.

I know that. This is the place where most ppl usually end up when they're done searching everywhere, this is the most trusted place. But it can take some time, I wish there was a place which was safe, easy and real fast like instant.

Define trusted*

All of them require you to send first and if they didn't pay what can one do but come and cry here?? I don't see any safety for selling there.

There is an escrow system on Localbitcoin, it can't really get much more safer than that can it?

And who are these persons holding the escrow?

It's the website itself,  Localbitcoin. They do charge a fee though, I believe.

Yes, I see that they offer the most lowest price and they charge very high fee plus I read some bad reviews about some trades that went sour, I don't know I don't trust that place.

If you're looking to sell, and you want a quick trade contact me or DannyHamilton, or Xetsr on here. You won't get spot, but it won't be near as bad as Localbitcoin.

Hello Loureed

I urgent need your response and sent you many pm on forum still waiting for you

plz atleast reply as its takes just 2 minutes

i sent you Canadian dollars CAD in paypal so can u accept it?

as payment sent u still unclaimed so plz accept pp payment as soon as possible

waiting for you
take care

My old btc wallet id: 1GmLs8e6VL5i9UcLmLypSKbyDHKjAtkg6g
BitcoinLlama

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:19:04 AM

buy some gold bars from goldsilverbitcoin or amagi or something and then sell the gold bars for cash at a coinshop? Im not sure if thats the most easiest way, but it is close

gameristo
Legendary

Activity: 1399

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 03:19:38 AM

Define trusted*

All of them require you to send first and if they didn't pay what can one do but come and cry here?? I don't see any safety for selling there.

There is an escrow system on Localbitcoin, it can't really get much more safer than that can it?

Hello Loureed

waiting for you
take care

My old btc wallet id: 1GmLs8e6VL5i9UcLmLypSKbyDHKjAtkg6g
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:40:42 AM

I would help but, sure as shit I'd get busted as a money launderer or unlawful transmitter. 
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:56:22 AM

best way is sell to your local friend who need to buy bitcoin
i usually do like that, when they need biitcoin to gambling or buy something
but it's need time to find buyer Sad
CoolBliss

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:58:42 PM

maybe using BitPay?
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:48:06 AM

Define trusted*

Hello Loureed

waiting for you
take care

Paypal should absolutely not be accepted as a way to transfer bitcoin as it can be reversed after several months while bitcoin is essentially irreversible. Anyone that offers to trade paypal for bitcoin is almost certainly trying to scam you
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: