Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal Integrating Bitcoin soon.  (Read 11261 times)
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:57:02 AM

bitcoinmania.eu/paypal-bitcoin-integration-coming-very-soon-says-ebay-ceo-international-business-times-uk.html

No one in their right mind would use BTC to pay for anything on PayPal. The credit card chargeback protection has always been the front lines of consumer protection from seller fraud on PayPal. Buyer wins 99% of the time.

Most likely there's no way to tell how the buyer is paying. However if there was a way to require BTC payment, that would be a game changer for sure. Because PayPal's policy is not to interfere with intangible goods. Buyer is basically out of luck. Scamming will go the other way as sellers receiving PayPal payments will be secure from chargebacks.

Then there's the issue about withdrawls in BTC and having your PayPal account hacked.

Who will receive BTC payments? PayPal or the seller? It will be interesting to see how this will work at the end. Either way there's probably going to be scamming as usual.

I honestly don't think will happen anytime soon. A LOT of stuff needs to be tweaked to PP's current business model in order for BTC to flow through their system.

I agree here, even if they wanted to implement it immediately, there is so much that they would have to do.   Not to mention all the government stuff that they would have to register and make sure they are in compliance.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:06:22 AM

I would be surprised to see paypal on board by the end of 2015 at this point.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 08:41:32 AM

I would be surprised to see paypal on board by the end of 2015 at this point.

i think they will adapt it in the begin of 2015  Cheesy

bitcoin-time is faster than normal time  Wink

CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:22:58 AM

Lol, PayPal has finally given up,
but if they do integrate it, will you use PayPal?

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
thecoindoctor

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:41:16 AM

bitcoinmania.eu/paypal-bitcoin-integration-coming-very-soon-says-ebay-ceo-international-business-times-uk.html

No one in their right mind would use BTC to pay for anything on PayPal. The credit card chargeback protection has always been the front lines of consumer protection from seller fraud on PayPal. Buyer wins 99% of the time.

Most likely there's no way to tell how the buyer is paying. However if there was a way to require BTC payment, that would be a game changer for sure. Because PayPal's policy is not to interfere with intangible goods. Buyer is basically out of luck. Scamming will go the other way as sellers receiving PayPal payments will be secure from chargebacks.

Then there's the issue about withdrawls in BTC and having your PayPal account hacked.

Who will receive BTC payments? PayPal or the seller? It will be interesting to see how this will work at the end. Either way there's probably going to be scamming as usual.
Wooo finally
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:49:13 AM

Hello,
Sorry for the noob question, but i never used paypal to sell or buy BTC, I only used paypal to get paid in Odesk:, so what is this chargeback with paypal? How can someone scam you buying your BTC with paypal?Thanks!
BR
Gondel
thecoindoctor

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:52:26 AM

Omg awesome man been waiting for this for a while
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 12:40:54 PM

I wonder if they will allow currency conversion then, i.e. buying Bitcoin with your Paypal dollars.

cjgames.com
Brooker

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:40:55 PM

Call me a cynic but I can't see this happening anytime soon though I hope it does. They'll obviously be looking at how to implement it but this may take some time.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:49:49 PM

We will see how they do it; they can find a way to make it mutually profitable for everyone
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:54:25 PM

If there is a charge-back, PayPal will expect you to cover it. If you don't they freeze/close your account same as if it were fiat. Not sure what you think would be different.
PayPal will certainly incorporate all the features related to fiat into BTC. Such service is called escrow. The buyers pay BTC to merchants through PayPal.After the buyers receive the products or service and confirm the buying, the merchants get the btc payment.Paypal made decision of charge-back.
gigEls

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:57:19 PM

This would definitely be good news!

Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:12:08 PM

awesome news!!

another big company getting into btc! Shocked

DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 03:30:12 PM

Lol, PayPal has finally given up,
but if they do integrate it, will you use PayPal?
yes i would use paypal more

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Acura360

Activity: 517

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:36:38 PM

Here´s a good Overview:

My assessment in terms paypal:

The end of this year when Amazon also goes into the bitcoinboat

Wink

▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
                                           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
                                ▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌              ▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌              ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▀▀▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▀▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     █▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓           █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄          ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                          ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                            ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

INEL
COMPANY
  | 
Crowdfunding platform for collective
investment in real estate
  [ 
INVEST
  ]  Airdrop Bot | Instagram
Telegrameng | Telegramru
magnet007

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:19:06 PM

if they hapen to integrate btc,surely it's good news...

virtualfaqs (OP)

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 05:48:48 PM

Hello,
Sorry for the noob question, but i never used paypal to sell or buy BTC, I only used paypal to get paid in Odesk:, so what is this chargeback with paypal? How can someone scam you buying your BTC with paypal?Thanks!
BR
Gondel

Send you PayPal payment. You send BTC to buyer. Buyer does a chargeback from credit card. Your BTC got stolen. That's a simple way of putting it.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
RepublicSpace

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:55:35 PM

Now all those people who say that PayPal is more convenient and less complicated than Bitcoin can stfu
tuanvie

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:24:35 PM

paypal funds often suspend,
I was not too happy with paypal, because it was 2 times my account is locked and I lost money,
so if BTC and may relate bgus paypal, but paypal should be wise again to the user, the user is often impaired by their

and most feared many scammers on paypal

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:10:32 PM

Paypal already has a pretty much turn-key solution available to them if they decide to acquire Coinbase. Getting bought out is a very viable endgame for a VC-stage company, and there are business relationships in common between the two organizations already.

Actually yeah, why doesn't anyone talk about this as a likely scenario? I hadn't even thought about it but now that you mention it I can almost guarantee the VCs have this in mind almost exactly. They know how they multiply their investments.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: