Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:52:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal Integrating Bitcoin soon.  (Read 11261 times)
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 05:47:55 PM

Hello,
Sorry for the noob question, but i never used paypal to sell or buy BTC, I only used paypal to get paid in Odesk:, so what is this chargeback with paypal? How can someone scam you buying your BTC with paypal?Thanks!
BR
Gondel

Send you PayPal payment. You send BTC to buyer. Buyer does a chargeback from credit card. Your BTC got stolen. That's a simple way of putting it.
Credits cards will far harder to come by when the next Dollar-debt-bubble bursts.

I've already had my credit card rights rescinded by Bank of Evil America, it was a Platinum Plus and I've been with that bank for 15 years, since they bought Fleet. Banks just don't give a fuck anymore, I'm apparently too risky to do business with now because I have student loan debt.

Crypto is going to fuck their whole evil system up, and that's why I love it.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:48:17 PM

paypal is like oh man they're catching up with us damn, time for plan B Collaboration!
rext

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:49:12 PM

Hello,
Sorry for the noob question, but i never used paypal to sell or buy BTC, I only used paypal to get paid in Odesk:, so what is this chargeback with paypal? How can someone scam you buying your BTC with paypal?Thanks!
BR
Gondel

Send you PayPal payment. You send BTC to buyer. Buyer does a chargeback from credit card. Your BTC got stolen. That's a simple way of putting it.
Credits cards will far harder to come by when the next Dollar-debt-bubble bursts.

I've already had my credit card rights rescinded by Bank of Evil America, it was a Platinum Plus and I've been with the bank for over a decade. Banks just don't give a fuck anymore, I'm apparently too risky to do business with now because I have student loan debt.

Bitcoin credit cards, ok nvm better not give them banks any ideas
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 05:49:18 PM

paypal is like oh man they're catching up with us damn, time for plan B Collaboration!
"If you can't beat em, join em!"

PayPal knows they're beaten, they didn't get rich by being naive.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
rext

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:57:49 PM

yeap, bitcoin is a huge notion, and they're starting to realize that they have a big competitor waiting to give them to whoop down. Rather than fighting a meaningless battle, finding ways to survive based on mutual benefit, seems to the way.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:06:11 PM

yeap, bitcoin is a huge notion, and they're starting to realize that they have a big competitor waiting to give them to whoop down. Rather than fighting a meaningless battle, finding ways to survive based on mutual benefit, seems to the way.

We still don't know for sure. There has been no official announcement from Paypal regarding this matter. What John Donahoe said might be his personal opinion, and not the official position of his company.  Angry
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 09:48:52 PM

We still don't know for sure. There has been no official announcement from Paypal regarding this matter. What John Donahoe said might be his personal opinion, and not the official position of his company.  Angry
that is so true but it is fun to speculate on the growth of crypto, well at least in my opinion

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:01:46 PM

I really do not see how bitcoin and paypal are even compatible.

One method is reversible and one is not. It is really as simple as that.
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:06:43 PM

Well, I guess they'll just have to innovate a tiny bit now won't they?  Roll Eyes
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 11:43:55 PM

that my friend is why they say opposites attract lol maybe a match made in heaven  Smiley

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:09:23 AM

that my friend is why they say opposites attract lol maybe a match made in heaven  Smiley

Cash is irreversible and bank transfers are not but banks work with cash, they don't like it but they have to use it
Adding a irreversible payment is easier than adding a reversible payment
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:29:17 AM

In case they integrate Bitcoin to their payment system, Paypal will carry a warning that the payments once made can't be cancelled or refunded. That means that there will not be any buyer protection.
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:42:53 AM

In case they integrate Bitcoin to their payment system, Paypal will carry a warning that the payments once made can't be cancelled or refunded. That means that there will not be any buyer protection.

Hopefully two factor authentication from physical device not connected to internet is required first, so no bad publicity for Bitcoin when paypal is exploited with weak user security
Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:46:27 AM

Hello,
BR
Gondel

I've already had my credit card rights rescinded by Bank of Evil America, it was a Platinum Plus and I've been with the bank for over a decade. Banks just don't give a fuck anymore, I'm apparently too risky to do business with now because I have student loan debt.

I doubt bitcoin credit cards will work, but bitcoin debit cards will and are already available. I think they'll be a pretty good idea too.

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:35:19 PM

Hello,
BR
Gondel

I doubt bitcoin credit cards will work, but bitcoin debit cards will and are already available. I think they'll be a pretty good idea too.

We don't need plastic cards if you can have money on your smartphone, transfer it easily to your friends or pay with your smartphone! You can always get cash from Bitcoin ATM's if you need some
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:37:23 PM

Hello,
BR
Gondel

bitcoin credit is a VERY bad idea for multiple reasons

first of all bitcoin and fractional reserve do not mix very well, and secondly you should NEVER get a debt in bitcoin.

Debt in fiat hardly matters, just wait a few years and you'll have to pay much less, in terms of purchasing power, debt in bitcoin may soon proof to be impossable to ever pay off.
gbooz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:59:38 PM

Even unofficial announcement may increase/decrease the share price of Paypal. So, it could be a speculative...
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:46:30 PM

bitcoinmania.eu/paypal-bitcoin-integration-coming-very-soon-says-ebay-ceo-international-business-times-uk.html

No one in their right mind would use BTC to pay for anything on PayPal. The credit card chargeback protection has always been the front lines of consumer protection from seller fraud on PayPal. Buyer wins 99% of the time.

Most likely there's no way to tell how the buyer is paying. However if there was a way to require BTC payment, that would be a game changer for sure. Because PayPal's policy is not to interfere with intangible goods. Buyer is basically out of luck. Scamming will go the other way as sellers receiving PayPal payments will be secure from chargebacks.

Then there's the issue about withdrawls in BTC and having your PayPal account hacked.

Who will receive BTC payments? PayPal or the seller? It will be interesting to see how this will work at the end. Either way there's probably going to be scamming as usual.

I think paypal will act like an escrow service.

pirsquared

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:10:07 PM

Does anyone else think that we need a "Trusted Buyer" system integrated with bitcoin and escrow? Fuck a trusted seller. Trusted sellers can command higher prices. In the case of the "Trusted Buyer", sellers can reduce prices with the expectation of reduced headaches (disputes [bitcoin escrow] - or chargebacks in the case of PayPal). I'd expect something like this on the market soon that will rival ebay (minus the "PowerSeller"). A good bitcoin seller gives an accurate description of their product and delivers as agreed. A trusted buyer releases escrow immediately if the terms are met.

I think the biggest hurdle to adoption for debit purchases (cash, bank account, bitcoin) purchases is third party trust; which unfortunately we still need to some extent. Escrow solves this. It is essentially what Paypal does and gets paid handsomely. The second hurdle is for the seller to trust that he/she will actually get the agreed upon price in a timely fashion. It's going to happen.

Things like OpenBazaar are likely the future, but running a client that manages financial transactions on a PC is not going to be in any common man's wheelhouse anytime soon. I've been in bitcoin since early 2013 and still refuse to run QT, multibit, or any other client on my desktop. Most consumers will not do this.

If you HODL store it CODL!
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:57:30 PM

Does anyone else think that we need a "Trusted Buyer" system integrated with bitcoin and escrow? Fuck a trusted seller. Trusted sellers can command higher prices. In the case of the "Trusted Buyer", sellers can reduce prices with the expectation of reduced headaches (disputes [bitcoin escrow] - or chargebacks in the case of PayPal). I'd expect something like this on the market soon that will rival ebay (minus the "PowerSeller"). A good bitcoin seller gives an accurate description of their product and delivers as agreed. A trusted buyer releases escrow immediately if the terms are met.

I think the biggest hurdle to adoption for debit purchases (cash, bank account, bitcoin) purchases is third party trust; which unfortunately we still need to some extent. Escrow solves this. It is essentially what Paypal does and gets paid handsomely. The second hurdle is for the seller to trust that he/she will actually get the agreed upon price in a timely fashion. It's going to happen.

Things like OpenBazaar are likely the future, but running a client that manages financial transactions on a PC is not going to be in any common man's wheelhouse anytime soon. I've been in bitcoin since early 2013 and still refuse to run QT, multibit, or any other client on my desktop. Most consumers will not do this.
truested buyer / trusted seller would be excellent and top it off with trusted company like paypal should be good .... i hope lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: