Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:56:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal Integrating Bitcoin soon.  (Read 11261 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:06:10 PM

For all the hate that paypal gets, they have definitely been a game changer in making online payments easier.

And they reward them self very well for doing so.

Is there any aditional news about PP - BTC integration ?!
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:26:25 AM

I'm very interested in seeing how this plays out.  This could be a real game changer for bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and paypal.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
gbooz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:33:30 AM

I guess it was a kind of statement, which means "we know what BTC is and following the situation". I would not expect real changes soon.
ipnone5only

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:47:18 PM

Why would we need Paypal to use Bitcoin as a funding instrument? Isn't one of the greatest things with Bitcoin that I can just send money to other wallets without having to go through an intermediary??
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 05:54:06 PM

Why would we need Paypal to use Bitcoin as a funding instrument? Isn't one of the greatest things with Bitcoin that I can just send money to other wallets without having to go through an intermediary??

Yeah, but paypal is probably going to act like escrow and they also might have an api similar to bitpay.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 05:55:36 PM

thats true but for the average joe and bitcoin itself would it be a huge step. personally i would never sent any BTC to the paypal suckers  Tongue

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:58:21 PM

Yeah, but paypal is probably going to act like escrow and they also might have an api similar to bitpay.
If paypal acts as an escrow service like they do now then it will probably be full of scammers the same way that paypal is full of scammers now
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 06:06:41 PM

If paypal acts as an escrow service like they do now then it will probably be full of scammers the same way that paypal is full of scammers now

What do you mean by "full of scammers"? If paypal is an escrow service, they will release the funds to whoever has more proof.

joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:17:06 PM

With all the accounts that get locked for 180days and the insane refunds that happen in the buyers favor. I can not see using paypal with bitcoin being one that will benefit sellers. Many years ago I had a terrible experience with paypal/ebay where I lost over $1k. I have not used them since.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:45:09 PM

What do you mean by "full of scammers"? If paypal is an escrow service, they will release the funds to whoever has more proof.
But "more proof" simply means who ever is better at documenting the situation, not necessarily who is right. In general Paypal almost always sides with the buyer, this is why it is so dangerous to sell bitcoin with paypal. 
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:25:02 PM

No - scammers know how to use PayPal to their advantage.

I purchased Photoshop on eBay. Seller said legit. What arrived was on CDR with sharpie written code.
I complained to PayPal to get a refund including photo. They said "sorry, he has shipping confirmation, you can sue him but we won't refund" - within a week there were several negative feedbacks on his eBay claiming same thing, PayPal still wouldn't refund.

Then I sold software I wrote, on CD-R and made the mistake of stating it was on CD-R.

Buyer asked PayPal for refund, they refunded him. Why? because "CD-R was against their policy and my advert stated CD-R"

PayPal rules benefit the scammers who figure out how to use the the rules to their advantage. They don't benefit honest folk.
Stay away from PayPal.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:29:02 PM

I have NEVER had any good luck with paypal. I have used paypal from a buy and a seller perspective. As others have said, 99% of the time they side with the buyer, regardless of what the seller did. The biggest one I ran into was digital services. Paypal will NOT refund for poor service quality as its something that cant be measured. As an example I purchased some game hosting for an online game, the up time was advertised as 99% and it was more like 50%. I tried to get the money back, and was told I cant get a refund because it was a digital service. sigh..
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:47:25 PM

The way I see it, having more merchants / escrows / merchant providers that adopt bitcoin, the better it is for the coin! No one says you will be forced to use their service, thus if you dont like paypal, then its just another option that you can choose to ignore.
I think them buying coinbase would make the most sense, as they already have the tools and integration would be a lot easier on Paypal's end; however, I want competition in the btc merchant niche, so I hope paypal does their own thing.

Furthermore, this might get Google Wallet to setup and eventually enter the game! Hopefully, Google Wallet does something before Paypal! One day, I could see Adsense paying me via bitcoin (hehe).
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:49:53 PM

One day, I could see Adsense paying me via bitcoin (hehe).

Yeah right. Their code still uses document.write() - fat chance on them modernizing to bitcoin.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
Musent

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:44:56 AM

I'd stay away from this. Paypal is evil in every way possible.
hollowframe

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:21:45 AM

But "more proof" simply means who ever is better at documenting the situation, not necessarily who is right. In general Paypal almost always sides with the buyer, this is why it is so dangerous to sell bitcoin with paypal. 
This is the problem with paypal, as they like to act as the central authority as to who wins a dispute and they use bias in their decision making that helps them get a larger market share.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:20:47 AM

problem with paypal is that they don't have any real competition for what they do.. they are also tethered to ebay, so that means they get more clout over ebay transactions.
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:28:10 AM

FUCK PAYPAL!!! They closed 2 of my accounts this last week, & are holding $4500 for 180 days because I used their services to trade Bitcoin! Funny that their CEO goes on live TV and talks about how he owns Bitcoin and thinks it's great but they're still persecuting people for using PayPal for Bitcoin trades!
EnterReturn

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:48:39 AM

Yeah. And LTC will be on Gox next week
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:17:34 PM

A service for business and the possibility to easily change BTC in Euro and vice versa then use the Euro to buy on sites that don't accept BTC (yet)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: