Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:49:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wake up people! Banks are not governments. They can't make things illegal!  (Read 3027 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 05:25:07 PM

Banks are not countries. Banks are not states.

Bolivia did not ban bitcoins. Bolivia's banks did.

Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, etc.  are not warning against using bitcoins. Their banks are.

Saying that a country bans bitcoins when their main banks ban them is like saying that a country has banned Whoppers because McDonalds in that country has banned all Whopper sales in their restaurants.

News alert, banks do not transfer bitcoins. Banks do not hold bitcoins in their accounts. Banning their use in their banks is meaningless.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:30:27 PM

put simply banks are banning their bank branches from handling out bitcoins.. just like banks wont hand out baked beans directly.

this does not stop individuals or private businesses from using bitcoins.... or baked beans  Grin

banks are simply contracted to only touch fiat. (this has never changed, and is just a reminder)

summary:
you will not find a baked bean or a bitcoin inside your bank account balance or credit card statement.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
tntdgcr

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 05:32:54 PM

Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, etc.  are not warning against using bitcoins. Their banks are.

Saying that a country bans bitcoins when their main banks ban them is like saying that a country has banned Whoppers because McDonalds in that country has banned all Whopper sales in their restaurants.

News alert, banks do not transfer bitcoins. Banks do not hold bitcoins in their accounts. Banning their use in their banks is meaningless.

bigger newsflash , Banks are more involved with Governance then people imagine. One can be used to exercise the will of the other, and often happens. But hey, you are right, they can't "write" into law their own stuff, but their lobbyists can. and if you can't use the technology at the FIAT point of exchange, you are handicapping the convenience, and therefore the adoption by users.

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 05:33:05 PM

yep you are right but i guess some more mainstream media will write that bolivia banned btc...

and even if they banned it: who the hell cares? its fucking BOLIVIA! 3. world country... (sry)

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:35:35 PM

yep you are right but i guess some more mainstream media will write that bolivia banned btc...

and even if they banned it: who the hell cares? its fucking BOLIVIA! 3. world country... (sry)

thats why we are trying to stamp down on coindesks stupid and unresearched 'opinion' (like many other stories they write) before mainstream reads it and thinks it is true. hopefully mainstream media will do the research like we have.

coin desk is getting worse!

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:47:24 PM

No, banks are not countries, banks are the controllers of ANY country's economy.

I do not understand what your statement is but Bitcoins can also be controlled by banks.
They have the means to print the shit paper we call "money'.
So yeah banks can do pretty much whatever they want even with Bitcoin because as we have witnessed Bitcoin is controlled by the one who has the biggest hashrate.

Bitcoin experts please prove me wrong....
(and I truly do mean it)
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:59:29 PM

No, banks are not countries, banks are the controllers of ANY country's economy.

I do not understand what your statement is but Bitcoins can also be controlled by banks.
They have the means to print the shit paper we call "money'.
So yeah banks can do pretty much whatever they want even with Bitcoin because as we have witnessed Bitcoin is controlled by the one who has the biggest hashrate.

Bitcoin experts please prove me wrong....
(and I truly do mean it)

we see your point, we know that side of government exists.

but if you actually read the BCB (bolivian central bank) anouncement. not coindesks interpretation of panamposts article.
not panamposts article's interpretation of the banks notification.

but if you read the actualy BCB announcement you will see that it mentions that bitcoins are an investment risk (standard investment warning every country has) and that it says that financial institutions are reccommended to not directly touch bitcoin and stick with FIAT.

this is the same as what every other country has said.

its just that people then put their own opinions to this, such as the point your making. and doing a 1+1=3. (invisible 1(your opinion)

bitcoin is maths so im sticking with 1+1=2. so if you can prove 1+1=3  and show me in the announcement or in actual law that the "invisible 1" is actually active and involved. then your point can be used in this scenario.

so show me the act (bank policy), show me the law (governement rule) before allowing this fud to spread further

thecoindoctor

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:39:16 PM

Before mentioning things like this, please post facts first.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:48:29 PM

i guess we live in different worlds. maybe the situation is different in bolivia, but banks DO run countries.. especially in the USA. our politicians work for the big corporations, and banks have A LOT of money to throw at them. in spite of what happened in 2008, there have not been any major players who were arrested for the shit they pulled. do you think that's a coincidence?
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:55:52 PM

i guess we live in different worlds. maybe the situation is different in bolivia, but banks DO run countries.. especially in the USA. our politicians work for the big corporations, and banks have A LOT of money to throw at them. in spite of what happened in 2008, there have not been any major players who were arrested for the shit they pulled. do you think that's a coincidence?

It depends on the country indeed. I don't know about Bolivia, but not in all countries the banks are the most powerful;

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:57:51 PM

you can't buy on internet without a bank.
that why bitcoin must rease !
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:00:10 PM

It depends on the country indeed. I don't know about Bolivia, but not in all countries the banks are the most powerful;

yeah i don't disagree with that.. but banking is one of the most powerful instutitions in the world, and i don't think people realize that. all wars need to be funded, cartel drug lords need to be funded, terrorism, presidential elections, politicians.. they all tie back to banks. money makes the world go round, and who do you think are the brokers of money?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:41:28 PM

yes we understand the economics lesson.. we understood it years before you were born...

but the point is, its not law right now that bitcoins are banned from human use.
its not even banks policy.

try to translate the banks announcement (not the media's opinion) and you will see its an announcement/recommendation. that only tells banks not to personally hold bitcoins.

so until someone is arrested under some law for using bitcoins.. shut up trying to exaggerate an announcement into a countrywide ban against human use.!!!!

seriously this is like telling the world that termites eat houses, then someone announces their house is made of wood. and you shout out that termites are destroying everyones house and eating everyones wooden leg and clothing.

chill out bolivians (human beings) can still use bitcoins. they just cant go to a standard bank owned bureau de change to get them. they will have to get them through businesses, localbitcoins, meetups..

the same as the rest of the world

now lock this thread

Balls

Activity: 338

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:53:15 PM

Simple solution: stop listening to the banks. People can easily take the banks power away from them.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:56:13 PM

Simple solution: stop listening to the banks. People can easily take the banks power away from them.

The same goes for politics: it's your vote that counts Wink

The only problem is, who is counting the votes ? Wink
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:30:49 AM

The same goes for politics: it's your vote that counts Wink

The only problem is, who is counting the votes ? Wink

Or, are your voting options really only 2 sides of the same face?
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:31:42 AM

Consider your local bank branch as a convenience store.  Once the "convenience" is removed, it is no longer sustainable and closes (lost revenue, local marketing influence, reduced investment opportunity, etc.).  Banks are a dying breed.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 03:33:31 AM

I agree with you on many levels, but unfortunately banks do run governments. Not the other way around.

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:39:47 AM

Banks are not states but they do have a powerful lobby.

freedombit

Activity: 274

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:24:47 AM

bigger newsflash , Banks are more involved with Governance then people imagine. One can be used to exercise the will of the other, and often happens. But hey, you are right, they can't "write" into law their own stuff, but their lobbyists can. and if you can't use the technology at the FIAT point of exchange, you are handicapping the convenience, and therefore the adoption by users.

Let's take it up a notch.

Banks don't think or do anything. Governments don't think or do anything. Individual people within banks and governments guide these institutions.

There are plenty of individual people in both banking institutions and governments that are PRO Bitcoin and changing their FIAT for Bitcoin.

Create more Bitcoin followers in the banks and governments, and the banks and governments will support Bitcoin. (If banks and governments "do" anything.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: