Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain and Human Immortality!  (Read 769 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:20:47 PM

The concept of digital mind uploading by which one's consciousness is uploaded like a backup, which literally makes a person immortal since he/she could arrange someone to use that digital data and bring the person back to life.

More about this here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_uploading#Current_research

But the problem is a the brain data of the person could be downloaded and made several copies.

So i think here is where the blockchain tech , really helps because a decentralized backup system is very essential and helps to prevent unauthorized copying of the personal brain data!

what are your thoughts!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 04:32:25 PM

When I clock out I just want to be done. Burn my priv keys Cheesy

gg

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:42:03 PM

Some of my friends who are interested in bitcoin can just about grasp the concept that bitcoin can be used for other things besides money.  Not sure how many will believe this!
jjdub7

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:55:19 PM

gg

+1 lol
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:58:18 PM

Yes absolutely, the underlying achievement that humans have developed with bitcoin is that , digital content cannot be simply copied like other media can be copied.

By means of using blockchain technology and a decentralized verification system..

i think these are the most simplest form for people to understand.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:02:16 PM

gg

I think this will be done with an autonomous organization using platform like ethereum..

when someone is alive he sends certain btc to a company that creates artificial bodies, the company does not have possession of the private keys( like how blockchain.info does)..

A contract is setup, and when the person dies and the death is confirmed, the DAO smart contract is activated which will take the mind backup and create a new person, i mean the same old person.

phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 05:14:59 PM

Yes absolutely, the underlying achievement that humans have developed with bitcoin is that , digital content cannot be simply copied like other media can be copied.

By means of using blockchain technology and a decentralized verification system..

Not sure if you are trolling or just ignorant.

First, understand that the block-chain is not "Copy Protection"
This is becoming a FAQ.

• The Bitcoin blockchain uses "proof-of-work" to prevent counterfeiting.
  • The entertainment industry has been pushing to conflate unauthorized copying with counterfeiting physical goods.
  • People then confuse the Block-chain with "copy protection": when in fact, it has the opposite purpose.

People are encouraged to keep a copy of the block-chain. Most people don't bother because it is inconvenient or expensive. The only closely guarded secret in bitcoin is the private keys for spending coins. They are guarded secrets because they have no "copy protection".

Note that storing the block-chain, which "only" handles world-wide transactions in a niche virtual commodity, is already "inconvenient or expensive". Block-chain technology is not suitable for storing massive amounts of data. It's sole purpose is deciding the order of transactions and publishing them.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:25:07 PM

Digital content can be copied, but Bitcoin is much more than that. Bitcoin is a decentralized network of computers that together maintain a commonly agreed ledger of all transactions. There are no bitcoins. Just a private key that allows you to modify this ledger by broadcasting a transaction. You can't "copy" a bitcoin because attempting to broadcast such invalid transactions would cause all the other computers in the network to immediately reject said transaction. This is also why a 51 percent attack is so disastrous. Because it allows for bitcoins to be double spent and for transactions to be reversed.

But you can copy data because pure data alone doesn't require the agreement of other parties. It is just a collection of 1's and 0's. Once you have the encryption key for that piece of data (assuming it is encrypted - if not then it would be much easier), there is nothing stopping you from copying it ad infinitum.

Not to mention that would be one heck of a huge blockchain. Grin

EDIT: Some minor rewording.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 05:31:40 PM

gg

I think this will be done with an autonomous organization using platform like ethereum..

when someone is alive he sends certain btc to a company that creates artificial bodies, the company does not have possession of the private keys( like how blockchain.info does)..

A contract is setup, and when the person dies and the death is confirmed, the DAO smart contract is activated which will take the mind backup and create a new person, i mean the same old person.

Wouldn't it be a new person with your memories :-) ?

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Catmoonglow

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:34:29 PM

All things connected with artificial intelligence are always have lots of ethical aspects
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: