Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:24:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silkcoin - *self-moderated* - Discussion thread about the Silkcoin eco-system  (Read 12296 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BadAss.Sx (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 11:41:46 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 01:14:31 AM by BadAss.Sx

This is the self-moderated thread of Silkcoin. With permission from Silkcoin or other devs I will paste here the OP from the announcement thread. For now I have opened this self-moderated thread because of serious fudders in the announcement thread. It seriously destroys the meaning of the Silkcoin community and the thoughts behind it. Until mods do something about it, i would be pleased if serious discussions are being held in this thread.

Let me tell one thing. I will NOT moderate this thread when there is a discussion going on which could be negative for Silkcoin and it's community. A negative discussion can also be a positive one. The only moment when I hit the button is when there are people in this thread which are trying to disturb the discussion about Silkcoin's innovation by telling non proven negative "facts" about Silkcoin. You know who you are. People are allowed to tell that it is a scamcoin and you should not invest in it, but do it with a good motivation behind it instead of screaming something in the open air. Hope you understand.

For now this thread has been opened for discussion about:

***I am not in any way related to the Silkcoin developers crew. I do own Silkcoins and I believe Silkcoin is a coin with a great future when they fulfill what they promise according to their white paper.***

Game on

Links

Exchanges

Pools

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

Excellent good sir! I shall move to this one!

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:48:23 PM

Brilliant! Finally a clean, fresh start with Silkcoins future in the limelight.
BadAss.Sx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 11:49:05 PM

Let's hope I do not have to moderate it.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:49:52 PM

I think you should post a link to this thread in a professional manner in the ANN thread at least once a day.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:51:34 PM

LOL, that's like having a baby girl and thinking you never have to worry about boys trying to get in her pants when she grows up. Smiley They will flock here and try to derail this just like they are doing in the main thread. We just need to be vigilant.
BadAss.Sx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 11:54:01 PM

LOL, that's like having a baby girl and thinking you never have to worry about boys trying to get in her pants when she grows up. Smiley They will flock here and try to derail this just like they are doing in the main thread. We just need to be vigilant.

We'll see...they are allowed to say something negative about SC, but with a good motivation behind it.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:56:52 PM

We'll see...they are allowed to say something negative about SC, but with a good motivation behind it.

Exactly, if it is for the betterment of the coin and community, healthy debate is good. But when they come in here posting "OMG SCAM COIN", "OMG I HAVE PROOF" (false and made up), that shit needs to go!
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:58:27 PM

Permission to come aboard?

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:00:38 AM

Silkcoin,

The registration mechanism you're proposing has an interesting application towards preexisting non-p2p systems.

Suppose a website owner who employs a home grown authentication system is able to add a Silk authentication module allowing his system to verify the identity and authenticate visitors against the blockchain. The process could be made seamless for the user via browser plug-in for challenge/response authentication, or token based a la OAuth. The website owner would never need to store the users credentials.

I believe what you're proposing, in particular, decentralized content could coexist and benefit preexisting non-p2p systems.

I'm doing some work in this area, have been hacking on Bitcoin's P2P protocol. Ping me if anyone wants to discuss further, hopefully outside the fray of the ANN thread!

Just wanted to move this over here as well.
Thanks for starting this thread BadAss.
BadAss.Sx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 12:00:48 AM

Please do..your interference is highly appreciated.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:01:45 AM

When I read this, my brain generated ship horns going off Smiley
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:09:26 AM

When I read this, my brain generated ship horns going off Smiley

This is funny, considering I live on a boat!

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:11:21 AM

I would like someone to decompose this paragraph for me in laymen's terms. All I know about BitTor is that I can get free music and movies and have an academic understanding of Public\Private Key. I need to understand the context of this in using the hash algo and all that jazz..

The system proposed is based on the Bitcoin and peer-to-peer protocols. The
Blockchain will be used to handle user registration while the BitTorent network will
handle the distribution of encrypted data via a distributed hash table to insure fast
delivery. Once we are able to identify people via public keys and handle the
registration process with the blockchain while keeping them anonymous,
centralization is no longer needed.

godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:15:53 AM

Awesome now there's a place where grownups can talk.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:20:53 AM

Awesome now there's a place where grownups can talk.

I am almost a senior citizen, I have no idea what I am talking about most of the time (;

Intrepid101

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:21:14 AM

grifftech i certainly did not intend fud. hamzatu and bohemianstalker also into idea but if everyone else thinks idea no good then ok. yes i have belief in devs seen how they deliver on time and quality of UI and they have listened to community. cant have too much good pr tho.
been around since 500sats maybe top 3 holder but just started posting. Not sold 1sc no weak hand here in for the long run
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:24:54 AM

I'd also like a layman's explanation of the WP. Way too technical for me.
Also I'm a substantial holder of SC as well.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:25:39 AM

grifftech i certainly did not intend fud. hamzatu and bohemianstalker also into idea but if everyone else thinks idea no good then ok. yes i have belief in devs seen how they deliver on time and quality of UI and they have listened to community. cant have too much good pr tho.
been around since 500sats maybe top 3 holder but just started posting. Not sold 1sc no weak hand here in for the long run

Glad to have you. I apologize if I came of harsh, but with all the FUD lately it seemed to fit in to the mold. Since you have given some background information to what you were thinking it is more of a constructive discussion now.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:27:47 AM

I think one thing that needs to be decided on with this being self-moderated is how we handle quoting of obvious FUD. Once you delete the FUD comment the quote remains and it still causes people to continue on the FUD.

Should we delete comments that quote FUD? I for one say we should but make it well known that is how we will handle this thread. But I think the community should decide that aspect.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: