Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:15:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Having kids  (Read 1625 times)
p

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:57:39 PM

No, do dont have any kids.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:06:36 PM

I don't have kids and I don't plan to have them in future. Right now I cannot see myself as a father and also don't feel any "father instinct" to have a child. Besides I'm currently broke  Tongue
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:08:55 AM

If you think having kids is for selfish reasons then don't have kids no one is forcing you to.

And I will have as many wife and children as I can afford. You don't have to give big fortunes to your children all is needed is to give them good education so that they can survive life.

What's with the world today, so full of negativity and afraid to take responsibility. If all people think like this humanity would go extinct. They must be pretty dumb or very intelligent to figure it out that their genes is not good enough.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:28:23 AM

Warning: This is my opinion.

I do not trust anyone over the age of 40 that has not taken substantial personal responsibility for a child if they are physically, mentally, and financially able. There are many causes that require our attention, but human children are the future custodians of our legacy. You can rescue all the animals, donate millions of dollars, or discover the cure for death itself; but if you refuse to care for a child, then I feel you are missing the ability to bond, and that makes you untrustworthy. You can't hide yourself from a child. You can usually judge a person by the relationships they have with children.

I arbitrarily chose age 40 because most people are stable by then. The age isn't that important if the person is mature and financially responsible. I have friends that fall into this category. I will have beers with them. They usually know how to have a good time. But I can't trust them with anything important because they don't have any stake in the future.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
crecias

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:37:54 AM

having a kid is the best gift ever. it taught me how to be responsible and be a good parent. i am so attached with my kid and it is so nice to be a good parent.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:16:09 AM

having a kid is the best gift ever. it taught me how to be responsible and be a good parent. i am so attached with my kid and it is so nice to be a good parent.

They won't know the feeling how happy it was to have a child.  Smiley

bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:54:09 AM

Do you all have them to fulfill your purpose in life?  Or do you have them for them to fulfill their purpose in life?
Both.
Neg

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:59:53 AM

I do not trust anyone over the age of 40 that has not taken substantial personal responsibility for a child if they are physically, mentally, and financially able. There are many causes that require our attention, but human children are the future custodians of our legacy. You can rescue all the animals, donate millions of dollars, or discover the cure for death itself; but if you refuse to care for a child, then I feel you are missing the ability to bond, and that makes you untrustworthy. You can't hide yourself from a child. You can usually judge a person by the relationships they have with children.

I arbitrarily chose age 40 because most people are stable by then. The age isn't that important if the person is mature and financially responsible. I have friends that fall into this category. I will have beers with them. They usually know how to have a good time. But I can't trust them with anything important because they don't have any stake in the future.

I don't trust anyone who has such silly opinions. Having a child isn't a mark or trustworthiness or that there's something negative going on.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 10:03:04 AM

I don't trust anyone who has such silly opinions. Having a child isn't a mark or trustworthiness or that there's something negative going on.

Some people shouldn't breed.  They pass on their toxic genes. Like the pathological liars on this forum. They know who they are. Parasites that will self destruct.  There is some truth to eugenics.
Neg

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:05:07 AM

I agree with the first part. Some people just aren't smart of financially stable enough  to look after kids, even though they might think they are.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:00:51 PM

Call me silly if you wish, but it's better than being selfish.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Gumble99

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:54:58 PM

Probably we have children for egoistic purposes, but this is natural! all world is egoistic, we want to do things to make us feel good and everyone wants that.

No big deal if 1/10 of population decides not to have children, anyway our population is to big and It's still getting bigger and bigger...
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:33:49 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 04:47:53 PM by gentlemand

What the fuck? In my experience not having a child is a considerably more responsible act than those who squirt them out by the ton.

Before I'd even consider it I'd need to find a feminoid who was stable, trustworthy and wanted the same thing. Once that was in the bag I'd wait a minimum of 3-5 years to get to know them properly before I even started to think about it.

The alternative is to impregnate any stranger who's vaguely interested and then deal with a couple of decades of misery and screeching while the child slowly warps into a suicidal monster.

People who do jump into these things invariably end up getting ravaged. If I have to wait until way beyond 40 to fulfill those conditions then so be it.

waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:08:42 PM

I don't want children. Don't feel the need to have them at all. I think people usually have the for mostly selfish reasons.

your going to miss some part of your life
sifter

Activity: 574

CoinBooster Rep

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:11:23 PM

I have 7 kids... seems to be treating me well.. Sad

CoinBooster.io - Earn up to 67mil satoshi per day. Claim every 5 minutes. NO POP UPS! HIGH ROI
Bitcointalk Official Thread
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:09:09 PM

Some people shouldn't breed.  They pass on their toxic genes. Like the pathological liars on this forum. They know who they are. Parasites that will self destruct.  There is some truth to eugenics.

With these kind of posts You are showing how toxic You really are. You would like all people around You to be exactly like You, "I'm a parent so every one should be a parent to" "You don't have a child? You are a sic, toxic, untrustworthy  human"

No offense, just my opinion
Zuhayr

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:51:24 PM

i dont feel that i will be a good father
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:00:07 PM

Reminds me of that joke "I like women ~ I think everyone should own one."  Grin

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:16:28 PM

And to all the people who are having kids so the sole reason of expanding their bloodline or "legacy", you do realize that we, as a species, aren't really special in the universal scheme of things.

Civilization will end, and forget you eventually. No matter how many children you have, how much fame or money you acquire, your DNA will eventually become so dilute after a few generations that "you," as a genetic entity, will cease to exist. Even the planet and the sun will one day die, as will perhaps the entire universe in heat death.
Ihsan

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:26:47 PM

Do you all have them to fulfill your purpose in life?  Or do you have them for them to fulfill their purpose in life?

the love of God / Universe, Dank, do not have children
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: