Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:41:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Having kids  (Read 1625 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:07:43 AM

Too late, you already are.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:17:38 AM

And to all the people who are having kids so the sole reason of expanding their bloodline or "legacy", you do realize that we, as a species, aren't really special in the universal scheme of things.

Civilization will end, and forget you eventually. No matter how many children you have, how much fame or money you acquire, your DNA will eventually become so dilute after a few generations that "you," as a genetic entity, will cease to exist. Even the planet and the sun will one day die, as will perhaps the entire universe in heat death.
This remind me of a quote from John Green

“There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

And, i'm planning to have a kid, to fulfill my life purpose Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: