Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:45:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Having kids  (Read 1625 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:44:37 PM

Do you all have them to fulfill your purpose in life?  Or do you have them for them to fulfill their purpose in life?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:29:25 AM

I have trained my monkeys to clean the floor.  Unfortunately they're making more of a mess than they are cleaning.  So no they have not fulfilled their purpose in life.

Should you be walking out West?
olliec420

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:33:02 AM

I don't have them because I'm having too much fun with without that kind of responsibility.  So I guess you could say I don't have them to fulfill my purpose.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:44:46 AM

I probably won't have children, ever. So I don't have clear opinion on this one.
ShibaWow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 10:50:46 AM

why not both?

our purpose is to continue our family name

to reproduce humans

to make someone just as yourself who you can teach to avoid the mistakes you made

a version of you, just v1.2

it's both

fulfilling yours and their purpose

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:59:46 AM

I have young kids, I will teach them good things, I will guide them and let them choose what they want in their life.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:32:23 AM

It's pretty much the only reason any of us are here so I vote for the first option.

I don't have any and don't intend to. It's too goddamned risky if your relationship with the mother goes tits up.

The fellas I know whose relationships with their babymothers broke down all ended up destitute, homeless and broken.

I will remain a subversive uncle. Anyway there's enough people in the world already and I'm too old now.
Yeezus

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:26:01 PM

I don't want children. Don't feel the need to have them at all. I think people usually have the for mostly selfish reasons.

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:37:06 PM

I don't want children. Don't feel the need to have them at all. I think people usually have the for mostly selfish reasons.

Having kids, is like giving this kids a chance to live. Giving them chance to see the world. You will not know what they will do with their life if they became are successful or not. You are just afraid of responsibility.

zahra4571

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 02:41:48 PM

One friend of mine said me the best experience that happen in his life is to have kids, and he never regret

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:43:36 PM

Kids are smart investment for future
Yeezus

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:46:54 PM

Having kids, is like giving this kids a chance to live. Giving them chance to see the world. You will not know what they will do with their life if they became are successful or not. You are just afraid of responsibility.

Not at all. I'm guessing you had yours for selfish reasons then? How many actually children grow up to see the world or even do anything even remotely interesting? Not many.

Aayush

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

I believe in Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Do you all have them to fulfill your purpose in life?  Or do you have them for them to fulfill their purpose in life?
I think we are engrossed by the fact that we have made so many mistakes and how we could raise someone else, who would not do those mistakes and hence be more successful.
Therefore here these two options need not be contradictory, you can have children pass on what you have learnt in life and they can go ahead to fulfill their own purpose of life.

Calm
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:09:33 PM

Bad rhetoric for having children:

- Passing on the family name.  Can you name all eight Great Grandparents?  All sixteen Great Great Grandparents?  How about their siblings?  Their hobbies and hometowns?  How can you "pass on a family name", if you don't know your own genealogy going back a few centuries?  Your hypothetical descendents in 200 years, unless you end up being a Bill Gates, won't have a clue who you are.

-  "They'll take care of me".  Fat chance, especially in North America and Australia, your kids will relocate to the other end of the continent and will likely have an estranged relationship with you over some trivial thing.  In Europe or Asia, your kids will probably be too broke to take care of you.

For the cost in raising a kid for 20 years (increasingly it's 22 to 25 years), in not having kids you will presumably have saved enough money for the world's best nursing home.  There are career advantages in not having kids, like being able to relocate on the whim for a better paying job

Bonus for not having children

- Save more money
- Freedom

We outsourced the manufacturing jobs to China.  I outsourced my baby making production to Somalia.

The reality is most children in the world are born under selfish reasons.  Some people want an interactive pet who can speak human back to them.  Some women see kids as a paycheque for life ("divorce me and I'll collect a paycheque for 25 years!").  Alternatively, a lot of people use kids as a vehicle to lock down their partner into a relationship.   Some guys think it's the epitome of masculinity to implant their seed into as many wombs as possible (baby daddy's of tomorrow).  Then there were people who were simply too lazy or ignorant to use contraceptives.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Yeezus

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:13:11 PM

Bad rhetoric for having children:

We outsourced the manufacturing jobs to China.  I outsourced my baby making production to Somalia.

Haha. Nicely put. There's enough children in the world already. Just adopt one and give it a loving home.

thecoindoctor

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:49:31 PM

I had one to fulfill happiness in my life.
zahra4571

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 05:06:05 PM

You are obviously forget how you come to this world, and probably your parents made a mistake Cheesy

marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:47:46 PM

it's just a biological drive, man. Tongue

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:57:58 PM

Gotta have a male to pass on the family name for me. Last in my name that's a male that can still have children.

iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:19:21 PM

No kids, just 1 doge and a cat.

-cheaper
-cuter
-smarter
-won't fight me if I make them wear cute frilly things for photos

Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All