Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:36:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And we have another Bitfinex Hookey THIEVING Short Squeeze!  (Read 14560 times)
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:08:35 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 02:53:18 AM by MatTheCat

Short trade = $597
Stop Loss = $601

Actual price of stop loss order = $608....and that is on 6 fucking BTC (I wouldn't have much more funds on BFX than that)!

FUCK YOU BITFINEX YOU FILTHY FRONT RUNNING FAKE VOLUME THIEVING FUCKING FRENCH CUNTS! WHERE WAS THE 50 BTC ORDER THAT WAS RIGHT BEHIND MY FUCKING STOP LOSS YOU FUCKING ROBBING RAT BASTARDS!"
*A

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
faalhaas

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:10:45 AM

step 1 : buy
step 2 : hold
step 3 : repeat

Fucking retarded 5 btc day trader.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:12:57 AM

Short trade = $597
Stop Loss = $601

Actual price of stop loss order = $608....and that is on 6 fucking BTC (I wouldn't have much more funds on BFX than that)!

FUCK YOU BITFINEX YOU FILTHY FRONT RUNNING FAKE VOLUME THIEVING FUCKING FRENCH CUNTS! WHERE WAS THE 50 BTC ORDER THAT WAS RIGHT BEHIND MY FUCKING STOP LOSS YOU FUCKING RAT BASTARDS!"EHRWZT
*A

It seems like you don't like bitfinex  Grin
Why don't you change your signature.

And also, I was thinking of how day trading or something of this nature would work. Lets say a btc is bought for 500 and then sold at 510 a few min later. Then a btc is bought in at 490. I am just thinking that the person that gained from this quick trading made a profit (at a cost of whoever bought it). I feel like the exchanges might have to eat those costs (so maybe they just try to avoid eating all the extra costs).

This is just a thought and I do not know about how bitfinex works (seem complex). But everyone gotta do whats best for them in the end.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:15:44 AM

Ah....the Dutch loser who thinks its ok to come on a web forum, whinging that the market is never going back up to his break even point, and then post images of some 8 year old child with cancer that he lifted of a charity website, and claim that he needs money to raise funds for medical treatment.

Thanks for reminding me that there are always people out there in considerably worse states than I could ever be, in more ways than one.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
faalhaas

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:16:45 AM

Ah....the Dutch loser who thinks its ok to come on a web forum, whinging that the market is never going back up to his break even point, and then post images of some 8 year old child with cancer that he lifted of a charity website, and claim that he needs money to raise funds for medical treatment.

Thanks for reminding me that there are always people out there in considerably worse states than I could ever be, in more ways than one.

Pretty delusional..
Atleast I have allot of btc you could only dream off.
Fud spreading loser.
karolina

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:22:55 AM

Pretty delusional..
Atleast I have allot of btc you could only dream off.
Fud spreading loser.

Congratulations. You sound like a 5 year old.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:25:57 AM

And also, I was thinking of how day trading or something of this nature would work. Lets say a btc is bought for 500 and then sold at 510 a few min later. Then a btc is bought in at 490. I am just thinking that the person that gained from this quick trading made a profit (at a cost of whoever bought it). I feel like the exchanges might have to eat those costs (so maybe they just try to avoid eating all the extra costs).

This is just a thought and I do not know about how bitfinex works (seem complex). But everyone gotta do whats best for them in the end.

I don't like Bitfinex. Inviting people to trade Bitfinex where they can swim with sharks and wrestle with vipers is hardly a ringing endorsement of the place, I wouldn't have thought.

But there is another stone wall example of crooked Bitfinex in action. There was around 600 BTC in between $599 and $605, with all the orders of course at different price levels. Yet here is the trading for the break above 600 btc:

02:00:58 602.29      0.1
02:00:56 600.3        1.00626
02:00:55 608.13      319.168
02:00:24 600          255.374
02:00:17 599.91      0.01

In green, is the Ask wall which my stop loss order was sitting behind. There was as any reasonably minded person could imagine, a whole array of other double figure and single figure and indeed decimal bids in between 600 and 608. Why therefore was the next 319.168 of bids all sold at 608.13, my paltry 6 BTC amongst them when there was a whole raft of bids in between $600 and $608!?

BITFINEX CAUGHT RED HANDED STEALING!

Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:33:14 AM

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:34:15 AM

I really don't understand the outrage. I think it's best to *assume* crap like that is going on, and only participate if you A) knowingly accept the risk, B) have some way to mitigate it.

This is why I keep ~0BTC and 0FIAT on *any* exchange.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:43:50 AM

LOL. Yeah, I learned that before but the problem with me is that I don't learn.

On the otherhand, I think I have figured out how Bitfinex operate their stop loss farming. When the short stop loss zone was triggered, Bitfinex exchange front ran and bought out all the Ask wall above the $600 zone required to meet the squeezed shorts, and then sold all the coins to the shorts at the highest price before other bids started again. I witnessed it happen and  if I really wanted to, I bet data could be dug up that prove Bitfinex are crooks and are doing things on their exchange that is basically fraud and worthy of jail sentences.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 02:45:47 AM

I don't get it, are you suffering from some variation of Stockholms Syndrome or why do you still use bitfinex?
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:48:41 AM

I don't get it, are you suffering from some variation of Stockholms Syndrome or why do you still use bitfinex?

Just small amounts.

I have been calling the market pretty well recently so am thinking; "fuck it, a small play fund just so I can hone my abilities at going short as well as long". But Bitfinex are theives. I witnessed it happen. A combination of insider trading and front running.

Insider Stop Farming and Front Running combined to rob traders blind.

hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:12:31 AM

Why the fuck would you be shorting right now?

Who is to say a user of the site is not putting up walls to fake support and then remove them, move the price, and take your coins? Anyone can do that.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:15:51 AM

Why the fuck would you be shorting right now?

This was a short from a few days ago, when all the indicators were pointing to downtime. I originally shorted at $610, but decided I wanted to wait until the consolidation formation broke to the downside, which it did, so I shorted at $597. We got down as far as $580, but I never took my profits, twice! But I left the short trade running as Bitcoin looked more likely to me to retest trendline than break up. My Target was $565. Next time, I shall settle for paltry profits and cut my own throat as Bitcoin goes on to make $100 move in whatever direction.....happens all the time.

Who is to say a user of the site is not putting up walls to fake support and then remove them, move the price, and take your coins? Anyone can do that.

Could be, but it all happens a little too quick and neat for it to be anybody who isn't an exchange insider. Same thing just happened again on BFX. ~250 BTC Short Squeeze trades all being executed at $615 as Bitcoin on BFX jumps from $608 to $615 within the next millisecond. What, not a single Ask order in between 608 and 615 just like there wasn't between 600 and 608? It is obvious. The exchange bot knows where the bext batch of juicy stop orders are, it front runs the market, buys up all the Bitcoin required to fill stop orders, and then sells as high up the market as it can before other genuine trades begin. This explains all these weird and erratic spikes and dips u see on Bitfinex.

derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:35:30 AM

I don't like Bitfinex. Inviting people to trade Bitfinex where they can swim with sharks and wrestle with vipers is hardly a ringing endorsement of the place, I wouldn't have thought.

But there is another stone wall example of crooked Bitfinex in action. There was around 600 BTC in between $599 and $605, with all the orders of course at different price levels. Yet here is the trading for the break above 600 btc:

02:00:58 602.29      0.1
02:00:56 600.3        1.00626
02:00:55 608.13      319.168
02:00:24 600          255.374
02:00:17 599.91      0.01

In green, is the Ask wall which my stop loss order was sitting behind. There was as any reasonably minded person could imagine, a whole array of other double figure and single figure and indeed decimal bids in between 600 and 608. Why therefore was the next 319.168 of bids all sold at 608.13, my paltry 6 BTC amongst them when there was a whole raft of bids in between $600 and $608!?

If this is true, how come when I watched the buys go by live, it didnt jump to $608? Instead it ate thru $600 and then went thru shallow waters to $608?

The only oddity I saw was that shortly after breaking $600 and moving to  ~603, someone put a 100.7BTC ask at $600 again, that got eaten really quick. This was seconds after $600 went down, and the 100B wall was eaten in seconds after being placed.
Arghhh

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:46:18 AM

In BitFinex, bitcoin shorts you!  Grin
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 4415

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:51:33 AM

Post of the day.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:40:40 AM

LOL Bitfinex isn't running a scam to con you out of your 6btc.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 4415

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:46:11 AM

Daytraders, aka people that lose money overall, are delusional retards.

LOL

BTCfan1

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:49:49 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: