Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 Help  (Read 700 times)
Demonik5150 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:48:07 AM

Hello everyone i am new and was wondering if anyone could help me i can't seem to get my S1's working correctly they mine but i get locked out of them and can't connect to them what am i doing wrong please help me someone....anyone... Cry
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:12:04 AM

Hello everyone i am new and was wondering if anyone could help me i can't seem to get my S1's working correctly they mine but i get locked out of them and can't connect to them what am i doing wrong please help me someone....anyone... Cry

Not exactly sure what your problem is. Do you mean something like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507779.0 ?
Demonik5150 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:06:25 AM

after i set it to DHCP it starts mining but i cant connect to S1 anymore unless i restore and start over  Cry
Ludi

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:38:08 AM

You might be best looking or askin in the mining subforum.

kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:40:34 AM

after i set it to DHCP it starts mining but i cant connect to S1 anymore unless i restore and start over  Cry
What do you set to DHCP and why? 
I use only the WAN interface on my Antminers, and leave it with fixed IP which is set to a different value for each Antminer S1. All these fixed IP addresses are within the range supported by my router, and do not conflict with other devices.  I read many posts by people who got their Antminer S1's into trouble by trying to use the LAN interface, bridging it with the WAN and all sorts of other combinations.  Note that WAN means "Wide Area Network"  (NOT "Wireless").

Why use a fixed IP?  - because it removes the variability of different IP every time you cycle power on your Antminer and removes the issue of DHCP lease expiry (DHCP grants a 'temporary' IP address which expires after some set time, which may cause connection loss).
While some people managed to use their Antminer's with the WiFi, there are also many who reported issues with that, so a wired network connection is the preferred way to go.

Follow one of the setup guides such as https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355387  or  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344970.0

Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: