Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:51:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekly SCAM ALERT - updated each monday via new posts  (Read 7491 times)
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:38:40 AM

I never think someone will do this
thanks for your good effort and hard work
we must see update here, so we won't be scammed by shitcoin
too many shitcoin & scamcoin release everyday Sad

All these things came out in the last week or so? No wonder I've lost my will to keep track of what's going on.

flood concept.. they add so many that complaining is pointless.
the intention is to overwhelm..

edit:
add NXT & NEM too
why did you say NEM is scam coin too?

xlilbearx

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:47:08 AM

We had NEM last week, but many people were complaining, that this is actually not a scam. I removed it from the list, and will watch closer.

check soopy coins all scam.he premine it and say swap,but he keeping billions of it and sell himself never trust his coins.sum2 pretend anon come but just up price so he sell premine better prices.nobody can investigate or help us.soopy always people scared to ask him because he get angry and says hate messages.please investigation on soopy sum2 bee2 sherlock many coins.
hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:05:31 PM

How about axiscoin.Premine and dev not fixing bugs

Be aware of those coins that @thisweekscoin promote.They are paid to promote no matter what the shit is.

BitsBitsBits

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:44:22 PM

How about axiscoin.Premine and dev not fixing bugs

Be aware of those coins that @thisweekscoin promote.They are paid to promote no matter what the shit is.

This is true, a lot of the devs pay people to promote their coins on different social medias etc. Even on this forum obviously.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:07:37 PM

All these things came out in the last week or so? No wonder I've lost my will to keep track of what's going on.

edit:
add NXT & NEM too

i can't recall why i don't like them both but i have a combo of reason why i think a coin is scammy'ish
one of them is IPO = scam period.
It's a premine or ipo of sorts i think so screw that crap.. it was simply not released fairly then.
NEM topic = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650274.0
same with NXT.. sorry but i don't care if they are popular if they are unfair by design then screw em.
And i should add that i have always been anti-premine but sometimes i have tolerated it and given guys a chance *IF they are small.
anything more than 1 or 2% ? screw that crap !
JPC for example had a small one and i could tell the guy was trying hard to give the premine away and
he DID use it to pay for a lot of services that would have otherwise taken longer or not materialized at all.
Although the guy may have dumped it on an exchange long ago i have no idea.. there was no Public ledger of any kind.

Anyway what ever lol
If people have a coin that they suspect is infected and it has a public link to the wallet or miner
you guys can PM me the link and i will try and check it out.. i have a lot of experience detecting malware.
I am a cracker and coder and i ran a PC repair business i started self employed for a decade.
and i have found first and had removed malware across the web including here and i don't think anyone can get a file past me.
Been almost 10 years since i get into the rootkit scene doing my homework and i have followed the malware trends too
most these days are coded in .net (stupid noobs that can't code)
My toolkit is monolithic.. IDA, Olly, Sandboxs etc etc.. been collecting my tools for eternity.

AND YES there has been infected wallets posted in here a many times ! From new wallet updates to the ANN launch binaries infected on day 1.. it happens !
And yes most are false positives.. because malware kits use legit code bundled with bad code so you really do need a guy who knows the difference.

So i don't pay any attention to the New ANN topics but if there is a public link people want me to check out just PM me the link please and the ANN topic link too.
I would never brand a file bad if i can't tel 100% either.. if i can't tell i will say so (this is laziness / if you dig enough you can tell lol)

FUD first & ask questions later™
G K G

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:47:35 AM

The finercoin has 3.5%premine not 1%.He said no premine and laterhid the3.%% during launch. The dev has abondoned the thread and the coin. He had dumped the entire premine and had made fun of the community

hero18688

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:49:13 PM

How about isiscoin?Seems like it's the dev of veilcoin.

Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:22:40 PM

Don't forget russiacoin, 0.99% premine of 144 M total coin with a pow phase of 7 M coins. Premine dumped and coin is already dead!
platorin (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:26:14 PM

Don't forget russiacoin, 0.99% premine of 144 M total coin with a pow phase of 7 M coins. Premine dumped and coin is already dead!
How long ago was it released? I'm only adding the new coins. Old ones, especially dead, should not be our concern.
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:27:22 PM

How long ago was it released? I'm only adding the new coins. Old ones, especially dead, should not be our concern.

My bad, end of May so no point posting about it.
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:41:45 AM

You have 2 debtcoins in this weeks scam post. Same dev he got his account banned for giving away free coins.
platorin (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:11:04 PM

You have 2 debtcoins in this weeks scam post. Same dev he got his account banned for giving away free coins.
True, he must have opened two different threads.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:58:17 PM

edit:
add NXT & NEM too

i can't recall why i don't like them both but i have a combo of reason why i think a coin is scammy'ish
one of them is IPO = scam period.
It's a premine or ipo of sorts i think so screw that crap.. it was simply not released fairly then.
NEM topic = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650274.0

Come on...NEM was offered to the community for months, and something like 3000 people got to sign up for it.
You cant really call that an unfair distro., no matter how u feel about PoS.
How many miners get in on the first few minutes/blocks of new PoW coins?

same with NXT.. sorry but i don't care if they are popular if they are unfair by design then screw em.
And i should add that i have always been anti-premine but sometimes i have tolerated it and given guys a chance *IF they are small.
anything more than 1 or 2% ? screw that crap !

NXT isnt a premine. It's Proof of Stake.
Premine is a technique to rip off Proof of Work miners/community/investors, its not applicable to PoS systems at all.
And how is NXT 'unfair by design' ? Everyone gets the same ROI, just the bigger investors get bigger payouts like every other investment ever.
Spend $50,000 on ASICS, and you'll see a much bigger payout than the kid mining on his $250 GPU.

JPC for example had a small one and i could tell the guy was trying hard to give the premine away and
he DID use it to pay for a lot of services that would have otherwise taken longer or not materialized at all.
Although the guy may have dumped it on an exchange long ago i have no idea.. there was no Public ledger of any kind.

Anyway what ever lol
If people have a coin that they suspect is infected and it has a public link to the wallet or miner
you guys can PM me the link and i will try and check it out.. i have a lot of experience detecting malware.
I am a cracker and coder and i ran a PC repair business i started self employed for a decade.
and i have found first and had removed malware across the web including here and i don't think anyone can get a file past me.
Been almost 10 years since i get into the rootkit scene doing my homework and i have followed the malware trends too
most these days are coded in .net (stupid noobs that can't code)
My toolkit is monolithic.. IDA, Olly, Sandboxs etc etc.. been collecting my tools for eternity.

AND YES there has been infected wallets posted in here a many times ! From new wallet updates to the ANN launch binaries infected on day 1.. it happens !
And yes most are false positives.. because malware kits use legit code bundled with bad code so you really do need a guy who knows the difference.

Yeah, 17 positives in one file seems a bit FUDdy to me....no-one would bundle up so many payloads in one attack vector. Doesn't make sense.

So i don't pay any attention to the New ANN topics but if there is a public link people want me to check out just PM me the link please and the ANN topic link too.
I would never brand a file bad if i can't tel 100% either.. if i can't tell i will say so (this is laziness / if you dig enough you can tell lol)

FTFY...blue bits are mine.

@OP: +1, mate, I can't believe the horrors I'm seeing in this list...good work keeping up with this lot !

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:44:31 PM

Don't forget to add bitblock BBL.

2 million coins instamined the first day because code was darkcoin copy and difficulty didn't adjust resulting in 500 coin blocks being mined at a rapid rate.  ANN stated 2.5 minute block times but blocks were being found seconds apart for hours.  Block reward was reduced to 25 coins per block after dev and buddies instamined as much as they could.  They also let the exchanges mine before anyone else as payment to getting listed immediately after launch.  Exchanges were ready to go when the coin was launched and had a head start with mining.

Dev later forks coin changing block reward once again changing initial reward from 500 to 800.  People complain and call out this scammer so he closes the original ANN and starts a new self moderated thread.

Original ANN thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665159.0

New self moderated thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678436.0
BitBlock

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:52:40 PM

Actually no, This is not the reason, The reason was to get your lame ass off our thread and stop posting nonsense, get a life dude, you seriously need one, we have been here through thick and thin for everyone and trying to get the current problems resolved. There is no scam involved you idiot. Seriously dude, go get laid or something and stop hijacking my thread and posting ever chance you get to post.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:50:05 PM

Actually no, This is not the reason, The reason was to get your lame ass off our thread and stop posting nonsense, get a life dude, you seriously need one, we have been here through thick and thin for everyone and trying to get the current problems resolved. There is no scam involved you idiot. Seriously dude, go get laid or something and stop hijacking my thread and posting ever chance you get to post.

Nothing more than a rant from an angry scammer.

Here is what's actually going on with this shitcoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678436.msg7691038#msg7691038
Quote from: dboylc on Today at 05:25:38 PM
Quote from: djm34 on Today at 05:20:55 PM
I have transfered some "new coin" to poloniex, they didn't arrived. So how many fork and what is the current block number ?
(mine around 5000 something)
Hard fork is a dangerous thing, but...DEV seems...
without any notification and now...
samething happened on VTC long long ago...
Quote from: bathrobehero on Today at 05:24:39 PM
Quote from: djm34 on Today at 05:20:55 PM
I have transfered some "new coin" to poloniex, they didn't arrived. So how many fork and what is the current block number ?
(mine around 5000 something)

I'm in the same shoe, but seeing that some pools are on block #8045 I think we're on the wrong fork.
which pool is this, I will try to add them as node... (however I don't think there is any point mining it... this update is totally screwed...)
Callahan

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:54:36 PM

Don't forget to add bitblock BBL.

2 million coins instamined the first day because code was darkcoin copy and difficulty didn't adjust resulting in 500 coin blocks being mined at a rapid rate.  ANN stated 2.5 minute block times but blocks were being found seconds apart for hours.  Block reward was reduced to 25 coins per block after dev and buddies instamined as much as they could.  They also let the exchanges mine before anyone else as payment to getting listed immediately after launch.  Exchanges were ready to go when the coin was launched and had a head start with mining.

Dev later forks coin changing block reward once again changing initial reward from 500 to 800.  People complain and call out this scammer so he closes the original ANN and starts a new self moderated thread.

Original ANN thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665159.0

New self moderated thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678436.0
Thanks for the info, sold muy bbl's

Be careful.
psychocoin

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:14:44 PM

Great thread, but wouldn't it be better for the community if the list was updated as soon as sufficient proof against any coin(s) arised, not just once a week?

Win up to $200 every hour in BTC and DOGE! Trade MOTO, MIN, and other alts on C-CEX!
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:16:16 PM

Great thread, but wouldn't it be better for the community if the list was updated as soon as sufficient proof against any coin(s) arised, not just once a week?

^
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 11:07:07 AM

You would have to write down exactly what you meant by “proof”, showing positive and negative examples, otherwise you're setting up a condition that's impossible to verify.

After you finished, you'd have to do it all over again, this time for “sufficient”.

The list is the OP's purely personal take on altcoins; the criteria are subjective and inconsistently applied. In the absence of a more rigorous attempt to provide definitions, it can only ever be a personal list of dislikes, posted to stimulate some discussion. To attempt to subject it to more exacting requirements would be a mistake, the list is simply not up to the job.

Please don’t mistake my intention: it's a nice list and I’m sure many people also find it instructive but the content is the result of purely personal opinion and cannot be taken to be “proof” of anything.

Starter for 10: produce a definition of "scamcoin" to a standard such that we would both produce the same list if we made our choices independently but strictly according to the definition.

It is an impossible task, so I could've made it “starter for 10 thou” and I'd still be safe. But the take-home message is the old, old saw: “One man’s meat is another’s poison” --- the best working (and, yes, personal) definition of scamcoin that I've managed to come up with so far is: “appeals to those interested in a high risk/reward ratio”. At least it acts to point me to the potentially fruitful area of applying risk assessment techniques to illuminate the playing field better.

Cheers,

Graham

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: