Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think could revive the coin ?
Finding another Dev to take up the coin - 23 (35.4%)
Keeping the public fundraiser going untill we have enough funds - 10 (15.4%)
let it die - 23 (35.4%)
Don't care - 9 (13.8%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VeniVidiVici Coin X11 5 days pow and 20% pos [Innovative multipool ready !!]  (Read 58178 times)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:06:09 PM

Any early guesses on what this coin will be worth?  Roll Eyes

At this point it is just another X11 POW/POS coin. You can take your queue from other similar coins with no features. The dev will have to add special features etc etc to make it stand out. 5M counts in its favour. It also depends if POS and POW is simultaneous so that it might be that only 3M end up in circulation by end of POW.

We'll more points to consider are

Fair launch
Dev made premine public and is using it for the community
Raining free coins etc

Fair launch

So odds are in favor right now of being something worth more than the usual x11 coin that got instamined

Fair my ass. It depends on your definition of what fair is. Fair to me means fair distribution and giving people an equal as possible change to participate in the mining. Given the launch went smooth. However, the coins are not fairly distributed. The large farms are hash raping the coin and this will cause one thing and one thing only. List on an exchange, pumping it up and then massive dump by the large pools and large farms. All the small guys and hopeful n00bs will get burnt. Coin will go downhill from there UNLESS, UNLESS the dev is quick to implement hot flavour of the month features and cool future plans. Then it will go well with the coin. As things stand now I would bet on the first scenario.

Fair my ass.

you're talking about equal chance. Everyone has an equal chance to rent as much rigs as they want right? What's not fair about it? There have always been people with more gpus than others.

Those that have money will earn more money. The rich will get richer and poor will get poorer. Hashrate limitation in a transparent and acceptable way is the way to go if crypto wants to stay with current algos.

most coins that have launched lately failed. It's just high risk high reward. All new coins get huge amounts of hashrates, even that 0ne coin from some days back. That coin will probably fail, and big hashers and renters will lose their money. With renting rigs, its high risk high reward.

Yes it is high risk high reward, but the end result will always be the same if initial distribution is not fair. The high risk takers will get the high reward, at the expense of the people that could not afford to take the high risks and the latter will sit with the bags when the coin dies. It is time that fair distribution methods are adopted in crypto in a form that is acceptable to all, otherwise newcomers and the general public will not want to participate in crypto anymore or get involved because they are too scared to be burned by the big players. In addition, if influential people support measures for fair distribution a coin will succeed. If influential people actively sabotage a coin and discredit fair distribution measures a coin will have an uphill battle, like the coin of a few days back you refer to if we are talking about the same coin.

The rain in IRC is great, but 100 coins will not make a difference, well perhaps it would if the coin price is 200k. I looked in the IRC earlier and felt disgusted by how the members are !balance all the time and cheering for a few coin scraps. What if those small timers could participate in a launch and actually earn 10k coins during mining with their limited resources instead of waiting for a 10 coin rain in an IRC channel. What is happening like exactly with this coin launch is bad for crypto reputation and protection of the majority.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:10:07 PM

At this point it is just another X11 POW/POS coin. You can take your queue from other similar coins with no features. The dev will have to add special features etc etc to make it stand out. 5M counts in its favour. It also depends if POS and POW is simultaneous so that it might be that only 3M end up in circulation by end of POW.

Fair launch
Raining free coins etc

Fair launch

So odds are in favor right now of being something worth more than the usual x11 coin that got instamined

Fair my ass. It depends on your definition of what fair is. Fair to me means fair distribution and giving people an equal as possible change to participate in the mining. Given the launch went smooth. However, the coins are not fairly distributed. The large farms are hash raping the coin and this will cause one thing and one thing only. List on an exchange, pumping it up and then massive dump by the large pools and large farms. All the small guys and hopeful n00bs will get burnt. Coin will go downhill from there UNLESS, UNLESS the dev is quick to implement hot flavour of the month features and cool future plans. Then it will go well with the coin. As things stand now I would bet on the first scenario.

Fair my ass.

Everyone had an equal chance.  It's a persons *choice* to rent miners or not.  It doesn't matter what the algo is.. scrypt, X11 or X13 there will always be large farms waiting to jump on a coin.

As mentioned before, mining a coin at launch is high risk high reward.  Pay to play

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:18:09 PM

Fair launch
Raining free coins etc

Fair launch

Fair my ass.

Everyone had an equal chance.  It's a persons *choice* to rent miners or not.  It doesn't matter what the algo is.. scrypt, X11 or X13 there will always be large farms waiting to jump on a coin.

As mentioned before, mining a coin at launch is high risk high reward.  Pay to play

Not if you artificially level the playing field with support from the influential people or in some other way. If launches remain free for all, the end result will always be the same with the hopeful bag holders wishing for a MP listing just to find an accelerated decrease in value because the coin has been raped and used by the big miners who has moved on to the next launch. This pattern is bad for the reputation of crypto and needs to be addressed in an acceptable way. Exactly how I don't know. The argument of everybody can rent large farms is the same as saying anyone can rent a private jet to have a nice holiday in the Bahamas. The thing is most miners are small miners with limited means and cannot afford to rent large farms and risk all that money.

What will happen if Golf did not have a handicap system? The same players would always win and the rest would become discouraged and new players will not enter the competitions because what is the use.  We need a handicap system for crypto launches.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:22:43 PM

renting make mining centralized, is bad as hell, what minerals did is superb, fight the centralization with centralization, but offering at least an equal chance to everyone, because field is levelled
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:26:48 PM

Fair launch
Raining free coins etc

Fair launch

Fair my ass.

Everyone had an equal chance.  It's a persons *choice* to rent miners or not.  It doesn't matter what the algo is.. scrypt, X11 or X13 there will always be large farms waiting to jump on a coin.

As mentioned before, mining a coin at launch is high risk high reward.  Pay to play

Not if you artificially level the playing field with support from the influential people or in some other way. If launches remain free for all, the end result will always be the same with the hopeful bag holders wishing for a MP listing just to find an accelerated decrease in value because the coin has been raped and used by the big miners who has moved on to the next launch. This pattern is bad for the reputation of crypto and needs to be addressed in an acceptable way. Exactly how I don't know. The argument of everybody can rent large farms is the same as saying anyone can rent a private jet to have a nice holiday in the Bahamas. The thing is most miners are small miners with limited means and cannot afford to rent large farms and risk all that money.

What will happen if Golf did not have a handicap system? The same players would always win and the rest would become discouraged and new players will not enter the competitions because what is the use.  We need a handicap system for crypto launches.

This isn't the Special Olympics were everyone gets a medal. Welcome to capitalism. What do you want next a welfare plan for crypto. Let's make sure everyone gets the same  /facepalm
hazryder

Activity: 208

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:27:44 PM

Any news on our progress on getting listed on Bittrex yet?
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:29:03 PM

renting make mining centralized, is bad as hell, what minerals did is superb, fight the centralization with centralization, but offering at least an equal chance to everyone, because field is levelled

I am not saying what Minerals did is 100% the correct way, but the principle of what Minerals did is a step in the right direction.  Unfortunately the coin got hammered by the influential people, so it is facing an uphill battle but it would be interesting to see what happens with it even though the principle has been stepped on by the big players. it would also be interesting to see if VVV rises above the rest or will follow the same pattern. What I can see from the hash rates is that the building blocks are being laid for a typical altcoin pattern. i hope I am wrong because I too have a few coins from rain and the few my measly 20Mhs can bring me in. I would not want to see my 0.1 BTC go to hell after big dumps from the big guys.
damiano
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:29:07 PM

I wasn't aware of what they did until now (after you mentioned it).  Had a quick read.

It seems like they did try to centralize it, but how easy would it of been to sign up multiple accounts with different ip's?

venividiteam (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:29:52 PM

we've sent them a mail and everyone is tweeting to them , so we wait for them to get back to us
You could help too by retweeting our tweet
hazryder

Activity: 208

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:30:57 PM

we've sent them a mail and everyone is tweeting to them , so we wait for them to get back to us
You could help too by retweeting our tweet

Awesome, unfortunately I'm not a twitter user but I'll drop them an email to show my support.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:31:58 PM

Suprnova NG VVV Pool for you:

https://vvv.suprnova.cc

This is a Suprnova NG Pool, you can use your unified login there and all your pool workers from earlier setups too.

SSO Single-Sign-On on this Pool - You can also use your previously set up workers !
Payouts every 30 seconds
DDoS protected
Suprnova Quality, lots of experience in all kind of hashes - we had the first X13 Stratum !
Highly optimized Stratums and MPOS implementations.
Idle Worker Notifications
Two Factor Authentication if wanted
Support 24x7 via IRC,Mail,PM etc.
Only 1 % fee ! (thats 50% lower than most other Pools !)

EDIT: Tested and Approvied Mining Rigs can be rented here: http://www.miningrigrentals.com

Just prepping a few more Rigs/Cards for you @ launch guys..

Hope to see you @ launch !

Still about 3 GH/s in the Pool guys, spread the hash and get bigger chunks form smaller pools ! Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:36:35 PM

I wasn't aware of what they did until now (after you mentioned it).  Had a quick read.

It seems like they did try to centralize it, but how easy would it of been to sign up multiple accounts with different ip's?

they said they was monitoring, in fact the diff stayed about the same for the whole pow time, cheating result in a ban of your account
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:37:46 PM

I wasn't aware of what they did until now (after you mentioned it).  Had a quick read.

they said they was monitoring, in fact the diff stayed about the same for the whole pow time, cheating result in a ban of your account

easiest solution:

new algo - no rentals - no fpga's - no asics - no centralization

Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:44:17 PM

easiest solution:

Would love to see that but people will ALWAYS find away around things. When there is money to be made they always find a way!  You can only hope to slow them down
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:44:52 PM

easiest solution:

Would love to see that but people will ALWAYS find away around things. When there is money to be made they always find a way!  You can only hope to slow them down

Sure a new algo will only last a certain time, it was the same with X11, X13 etc.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:45:53 PM

easiest solution:

how can you do it without centralization? if you release the wallet they remove the limit

ah you mean, make a new algo everytime...

it will lead to amazon ec2 , which is the same renting crap
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:46:44 PM

easiest solution:

how can you do it without centralization? if you release the wallet they remove the limit

with a new algo, no big mining rigs will be able to mine it.. a miner must be developed, you can only do solo for the first days.

damiano
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:47:24 PM

easiest solution:

New algo would be nice, but wouldn't all the big farms just "adapt"?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:48:01 PM

easiest solution:

with a new algo, no big mining rigs will be able to mine it.. a miner must be developed, you can only do solo for the first days.

you can rent cpu with amazon srvice and point it at your miner in solo mode, not much of a difference between that and betarig
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:53:29 PM

easiest solution:

you can rent cpu with amazon srvice and point it at your miner in solo mode, not much of a difference between that and betarig

lots of !

renting @ betarigs is as easy as three clicks, renting cpu's @ amazon needs much more expertise and is really not that easy.

Where have you been @ the launches of Darkcoin/Maru etc... It was way fairer then.. At first there was Solo only, then CPU Miners were developed, then sgminer added the coin and people started mining with GPU's after 3-4 days.. not within the first seconds of the coin like now.. especially when they throw like 1 GH from betarigs on the coin .. this way the people with money make money - the people without don't ...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: