Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 02:54:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about forum moderation  (Read 3238 times)
pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:46:54 PM

-snip-

Either you are idiot or you failed at trolling. I love how moderators show patience to these trolls. Great job guys!
WildChaser777

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:49:25 PM

I don't know who's trolling. They just won't accept some facts.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:56:14 PM

See, the Bulgarian thread doesn't have a section for altcoins. I don't understand why you don't understand this super freaking simple concept. I mean, this is basic categorization. Do I need to explain it like shapes for you?

Do we need to draw it to you, so that you can see that we want our dedicated sub-forum section where we can post this kind of stuff as well? The Romanian Bitcoin community is just a fraction of the Bulgarian one, be sure. Do I need to repeat again where BTC-E is?

Actually, yes, you do need to draw it out for me. You can have your dedicated sub-forum section as soon as you present proof of what you're saying. The Bulgarian community here at bitcoin is tiny. Stupidly tiny. As in, there's probably what? 5 of you guys?

Hell, I know more people personally on this forums than that? Should I get my own dedicated section because I have 4 buddies?

If you could present reasonable proof that "The Romanian Bitcoin community is just a fraction of the Bulgarian one", then you'll get your own sub-forum in no time.

WildChaser777

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:13:00 PM

See, the Bulgarian thread doesn't have a section for altcoins. I don't understand why you don't understand this super freaking simple concept. I mean, this is basic categorization. Do I need to explain it like shapes for you?

Do we need to draw it to you, so that you can see that we want our dedicated sub-forum section where we can post this kind of stuff as well? The Romanian Bitcoin community is just a fraction of the Bulgarian one, be sure. Do I need to repeat again where BTC-E is?

Actually, yes, you do need to draw it out for me. You can have your dedicated sub-forum section as soon as you present proof of what you're saying. The Bulgarian community here at bitcoin is tiny. Stupidly tiny. As in, there's probably what? 5 of you guys?

Hell, I know more people personally on this forums than that? Should I get my own dedicated section because I have 4 buddies?

If you could present reasonable proof that "The Romanian Bitcoin community is just a fraction of the Bulgarian one", then you'll get your own sub-forum in no time.

Answer the following questions.

1. Tell me, for how long the Romanians have been here with their own sub-forum?
2. Tell me, for how long did the Bulgarians waited for their own section?
3. When there was no Bulgarian section for like, years, and there was only 1 thread, where should a couple of dozen of people write for different things in order to prove your obsolete point of view?

And about who's bigger than the other, one of the largest and most stable Bitcoin exchanges is Bulgarian. Enough said.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:19:10 PM

3. When there was no Bulgarian section for like, years, and there was only 1 thread, where should a couple of dozen of people write for different things in order to prove your obsolete point of view?

The burden of proof lies upon you, not me. I don't need to answer any of those questions.

I actually did take the liberty to gather a bit of information though!

This year, there's only been 53 posts in the Bulgarian section (I've made more posts by myself last week alone).

Those posts were made mostly by newbie members (so, could be a dozen alt-accounts). There are only 15 members (1 of which just spams links) that posted this year that are junior+ members.
Code:
ekrem
patica
stamen123
Isildur23
svetliopi44
overcoin
harsi123
xhash (spammer)
kwisatz
Boston.Miner
duts_bg
pastet89
gondel
WildChaser777
restless

If I'm able to get a group of 14 active members to post 53 posts in a thread (within a 6 month period), do I get my own section?

If you'd like, I can tally up the amount of post by person. Honestly, there aren't many posts per person there? 2-3 OVER A FUCKING 6 MONTH PERIOD. Hell, this thread has already almost gotten more posts in it in just 1-2 days than that thread in a 6 month period.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:27:27 PM

Hell, this thread has already almost gotten more posts in it in just 1-2 days than that thread in a 6 month period.

Maybe we should make a new subforum where we can debate if we need a new subforum or not Grin.

@ the OP and the others, guys I get you're upset and want your own subforum, but this kind of trolling isn't going to help. It's just going to ensure nobody listens to you. Personally I'm not even going to bother reading this thread anymore, it's gone beyond ridiculous and I have better things to do.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:31:08 PM

Hell, this thread has already almost gotten more posts in it in just 1-2 days than that thread in a 6 month period.

Maybe we should make a new subforum where we can debate if we need a new subforum or not Grin.

Actually, I was thinking the exact same thing. We totally deserve a sub-forum of this!

@ the OP and the others, guys I get you're upset and want your own subforum, but this kind of trolling isn't going to help. It's just going to ensure nobody listens to you. Personally I'm not even going to bother reading this thread anymore, it's gone beyond ridiculous and I have better things to do.

Why not stick around? This thread is pure entertainment! I mean, come on, you normally have to pay to watch for this level of entertainment.

WildChaser777

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:36:45 PM

The burden of proof lies upon you, not me. I don't need to answer any of those questions.

So, you simply cannot answer. Not that you won't. Your post is irrelevant, because of the 3 questions above. You've went through the trouble to calculate how many people have posted. Why don't you take a moment to explain why so few have posted? Let me give you a hint, because of "Question No. 3".

And please, stop implying the word "Trolling". So far it's the mods here who're only using the F word. Who's the troll and offender, tell me?

P.S. You list of names is so, so empty. A lot of Bulgarians here would have found this thread, if the place was more tidy.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:45:38 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 01:58:04 PM by bluefirecorp

So, you simply cannot answer. Not that you won't.
Actually, I just won't.
Your post is irrelevant, because of the 3 questions above.
My post isn't irrelevant, and don't brush it off as such.
You've went through the trouble to calculate how many people have posted.
I was already calculating that before I read your post bud, just to prove a point.
Why don't you take a moment to explain why so few have posted?
As I said, the burden of proof is on you.

Let me give you a hint, because of "Question No. 3".

Following that logic, this thread should be dead, no? We literally are discussing a single small topic. In reality, if the community was as large as you say it was, there'd be about a dozen posts a day about new bitcoin related events! I mean, check out the main "Bitcoin Discussion" tab in English. There's literally THOUSANDS of posts per day there. Your average is less than one a day.

And please, stop implying the word "Trolling".

The reason we're implying you're trolling is no one can be this stupid. It's just not logical that you've survived this long and are this stupid.
So far it's the mods here who're using the F word.
Awesome, I'm a fucking mod now! Somehow that's magic. Oh wait, no I'm not. Fuck you, k? Link me to a single post in this thread which a moderated used foul language.
Who's the troll and offender, tell me?
You're the troll and offender! Stop offending me, k?

P.S. You list of names is so, so empty. A lot of Bulgarians here would have found this thread, if the place was more tidy.

Dude, you're just proving our point. There's not enough active members there to even justify more clutter.

Edit: I did some 'research'. By 'research', just to disprove your major point about not being able to find the topic.

The Indonesian, Serbian, Singapore, Slovenia, Croatian, Phillippines, Malaysia, Czech, Vietnamese, Parkistan, and hungarian threads are ALL more active than the Bulgarian forum. Technically, the first to get their new place should be the Croatian thread.

Your logic of saying "it's too difficult to find" or "it's unorganized" is countered by this. Are Bulgarians are just too stupid to navigate through a SMF forum. (Literally, the "S" in SMF is SIMPLE)? Cause if that's what you're arguing, it's silly to solve a people problem with technology.

WildChaser777

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:57:40 PM

So, you simply cannot answer. Not that you won't.
Actually, I just won't.

Because you're not so bright, and you won't, because you can't.

Your post is irrelevant, because of the 3 questions above.
My post isn't irrelevant, and don't brush it off as such.
You've went through the trouble to calculate how many people have posted.
I was already calculating that before I read your post bud, just to prove a point.
Why don't you take a moment to explain why so few have posted?
As I said, the burden of proof is on you.

Let me give you a hint, because of "Question No. 3".

Following that logic, this thread should be dead, no? We literally are discussing a single small topic. In reality, if the community was as large as you say it was, there'd be about a dozen posts a day about new bitcoin related events! I mean, check out the main "Bitcoin Discussion" tab in English. There's literally THOUSANDS of posts per day there. Your average is less than one a day.

And please, stop implying the word "Trolling".

The reason we're implying you're trolling is no one can be this stupid. It's just not logical that you've survived this long and are this stupid.

All of your messages above are proving how incompetent and what a sorry troll you are. You're walking in circles, repeating the same sentences over and over again, and only you're thinking that they are true and deserve a serious answer.

So far it's the mods here who're using the F word.
Awesome, I'm a fucking mod now! Somehow that's magic. Oh wait, no I'm not. Fuck you, k? Link me to a single post in this thread which a moderated used foul language.
Who's the troll and offender, tell me?
You're the troll and offender! Stop offending me, k?

You're the offender. Look what you called me above.

EDIT: I bold-ed them out so it'll be easier for your brain to see them.

Dude, you're just proving our point. There's not enough active members there to even justify more clutter.

Edit: I did some 'research'. By 'research', just to disprove your major point about not being able to find the topic.

The Indonesian, Serbian, Singapore, Slovenia, Croatian, Phillippines, Malaysia, Czech, Vietnamese, Parkistan, and hungarian threads are ALL more active than the Bulgarian forum. Technically, the first to get their new place should be the Croatian thread.

Dude, if you're not a mod, then just GTFO. We're looking for a rational discussion with a non abusive mod. Get your trolling out of here, and don't you try to mask it as non-troll spam B.S., your chef d'oeuvres above, that is.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 06:02:50 PM

payed

Ever heard of slang?

Since you're such an English grammar pro. You should've known better that it should be "Ever heard of a slang", aka indefinite article.
And that's meant to be a correction? Wow...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
WildChaser777

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:08:12 PM

Yes, ckolivas, it is. Since your colleague wanted to play grammar naz!, he got a lesson too. Ain't this forum full of sweat people who want to help each other to learn something new. Wink  Roll Eyes
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:01:09 PM

You're walking in circles, repeating the same sentences over and over again

Because you're fucking blind or something -- you disregard very valid points because they absolutely destroy any sort of argument you have.

and only you're thinking that they are true and deserve a serious answer.

Name on thing directly that I have lied about, k? Ouch, can't find anything in this thread.

Know what WildChaser777? You were destroyed in every aspect of your logic. First you say we're being discriminatory. We proved you wrong. Then you say you deserve a dedicated sub-forum. We proved you wrong again. You just don't stop after you've been proven wrong time and time again. That's why you're the troll here.

Yes, ckolivas, it is. Since your colleague wanted to play grammar naz!, he got a lesson too. Ain't this forum full of sweat people who want to help each other to learn something new. Wink  Roll Eyes
Cyrus used "slang" correctly. Slang is an uncountable noun. Therefore, it is incorrect to add that indefinite article.
You don't say: "Ever heard of a music" or "Ever heard of a love".

You do say "Every heard of a piece of music" or "Ever heard of a bit of love".

I really hope you're not trying to teach anyone English. Your English is fucked up man.

WildChaser777

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:12:23 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 09:22:37 PM by WildChaser777

Did I tell you to get out with your B.S. ? Don't make me go search your post history. I'm sure I'll find quite a lot of non sences there. Just not in the mood to f*ck your dignity up. Not yet. And when you learn a foreign language other than your native, then you will have the right to speak. We don't need you here.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2950

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:25:12 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 09:55:42 PM by Cyrus

And about who's bigger than the other, one of the largest and most stable Bitcoin exchanges is Bulgarian. Enough said.

1. The Romanian subforum has been created in April 2013. Before that, it was just a thread in the Other languages/locations. That thread still exists: Offtopic - Română*
*The thread was renamed and posting in it was discouraged in order for people to start threads instead of still posting in it.
2. Since 24 June 2014, when this thread was created. I haven't heard or seen any such request prior to that date.
3. Err.. in that "only 1 thread", until the need for extra room to discuss is needed and relevant.

Please understand, this is not an e-peen 'whose country is bigger' contest. The number and activity of people from certain countries on this forum is the main relevant factor.

bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:49:23 PM

Did I tell you to get out with your B.S. ? Don't make me go search your post history. I'm sure I'll find quite a lot of non sences there. Just not in the mood to f*ck your dignity up. Not yet. And when you learn a foreign language other than your native, then you will have the right to speak. We don't need you here.

"non sences". Okay. It's the internet broseph, there is no dignity. Also, I'm currently learning French, however, I don't try to correct other people's French.

I'm smart enough to know a French speaker probably knows what they're saying IN French.

Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2950

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:55:47 PM

Recently a new assigned moderator is deleting posts written in the only bulgarian thread in the forum claiming they are offtopic[...]
A bit of history:
At first, it was simply labeled as the Local > Others forum. It was renamed to Local > Other languages/locations after I suggested that the name wasn't evocative enough and that it was the main cause of spam in that particular board. The board had no moderator back then and being a low traffic section, other moderators didn't pay too much attention to it.
But more than most perhaps, because the Romanian subforum started in that forum, I knew how important such a section could be for people across the world. It was a mess back then and I offered to help.

Actually, here's how it looked back in December 17, 2013: https://web.archive.org/web/20131217093311/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=11.0
Now check how it looks now. See any differences?

But I was a moderator on Bitcointalk close to an year before being named mod there.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:12:10 PM

This is stupid, you would have an alt coin section if you had more traffic, each foreign section has to have enough people that it matters to add the section. At 0.17 posts per day, Theymos probably wouldn't consider adding an alt coin section. Also, translating alt coin announcement threads into other languages will get deleted 90% of the time, the exception for the most part is country coins.

Anyone trying to say Bitcointalk hates Bulgarians is a complete moron.
kaosbg

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:23:28 PM

That discussion went off tracks. So lets go back to the basics.

To develop a thread, you need to post valuable information, able to trigger a discussion. The valuable information nowadays is the one, leading to a possible profit. As there are a lot of new crypto adopters, that information is concerning the altcoins. Don't forget that the boom of the popularity of the cryptomining came after the peak of the BTC price to $1200. In these times, many people (including me) have heard the words "Bitcoin", "Cryptocurrency", "mining rig" for the first time. And as you know very well, the train called "BTC mining" for these people has departed the station few months ago. So their only option became the Alts. You know the drill - mine Alts, turn in BTC, turn in FIAT money. Anyway, for the "newcomers", there is no "BTC pie" left. Everything is divided and consumed. In fact, without an almost insane investment, you cannot get a profit from direct BTC mining even in a country with quite low electricity price like ours (Bulgaria). The benefit for the early BTC adopters and miners is that the Altcoin miners generate a signifficant part of the market cap of the Bitcoin. In general, you can do the math. Therefore, the confrontation BTC vs. Alts is ridiculos. It is not a secret that there are alts with grades better features than BTC regarding anonimity, transfer speed etc. But we still use BTC as a point of profit calculation, revenue tool and payment method. And there is no alternative. BTC is the flag. It is the pioneer and the best-known synonim for cryptocurrency. If it will keep its cuppent position - future will tell.

But in general, we need a simple thing - let us develop our thread. Even if it is with a occasional altcoin OP translations. Anyway we don't have other thread, where we can post something in our native language. These translated OPs are information. And that information can trigger the interest to that thread, can trigger the Bulgarian users of that forum to start asking questions, share information etc. Anyway, there is not much other information that can be shared. E.g. - a 10 page topic, concerning a new miner software can be summarised in a single message of few words - "use drivers v xx.xxbeta, download the miner from <here>, set these parameters in your conf." And that is all. All the info mashed and served with silver spoon. And a strawberry ontop. E.g. here

In general - let us be. We have a single topic. No other place to share info regarding a potential profit. And you apply to us Catch 22. "Develop your thread, but don't share any valuable info." Erm... I would highly appreciate a plain and simple information how we are supposed to do that?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Пичoвe, нe c poгитe Smiley He ce вpъзвaйтe нa тия чeбъpи, дeтo ce кльoфнaxa тyкa дa дигaт oлeлия и дa oмaжaт пeйзaжa, тaкa чe иcкaнeтo ни дa oтидe y pякaтa. Oт твa фaйдa нeмa.

P.P.S. Don't bother "google translating" the above - you will get an utter nonsence Smiley Google is not enough sophisticated to translate a mix of bulgarian dialects Wink
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 05:29:58 AM

Or the proper past tense of the verb 'to pay'? You should know this if you claim you're a translator.
I'll give you a hint, it's not 'payed'.
Interestingly there is still a valid use for 'payed' though it's not the same as the correct 'paid' but that seems an extraordinarily common mistake on these forums. I believe it's along the lines of 'payed out on someone' though I digress. Sorry for off topic grammar discussion but I'm easily amused by the errors I see on bitcointalk and even more so when people try to correct what is already correct.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: