Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:33:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forbes Article Predicts Bitcoin Value will "Explode"  (Read 8219 times)
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:42:31 PM

Great article, now we have to wait for the phase to begin. Maybe we'll get another pump this like the ones in April and December last year.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:44:30 PM

I've noticed that Forbes is very high on Bitcoin for about a year now.   Grin

Yes, Forbes has been one of the publications to have literature on BTC almost every day.  It is nice that their articles are not all FUD too.   Many of the news outlets only report the bad news, and then when prices go way up, they just say "Bitcoin went up today.."
jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:51:30 PM

I've noticed that Forbes is very high on Bitcoin for about a year now.   Grin

Yes, Forbes has been one of the publications to have literature on BTC almost every day.  It is nice that their articles are not all FUD too.   Many of the news outlets only report the bad news, and then when prices go way up, they just say "Bitcoin went up today.."

Yeah its nice to see he's got his money where his mouth is too, this author actually has some BTC and even is converting more of his gold to BTC.
jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:15:38 PM

Peter Diamandis's phases are well defined, but he is defining them in 2014 when we are already in phases 3. It would be really clever of him if he defined the phases with dates back in 2009. What he said in the article is what we already know for months. This article is for Forbes readers, not us.

It reminds me of the "Elliot Wave Theory". It is so easy to define phases and waves when it is history. It is much more difficult to pinpoint where we are among the phases when we are living it.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 05:21:16 PM

Hasn't it already exploded? I guess articles like this will help gather more interest though.
No, the true explosion has not yet even begun. We are preparing for launch.

Please fasten your seatbelts and keep arms and legs inside the rocket at all times.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Balls

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:16:02 PM

I think it's only logical that bitcoin will see another spike at some point. More and more people are getting on board with bitcoin so its bound to happen sooner or later.
gbooz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:07:45 PM

It already has 'exploded', but I'm sure we'll see another explosion soon enough. I think bitcoin will grow to where demand outstrips the supply and that should see some explosive growth.
Yes, it already exploded some time ago, but the magazine said "bang!!" just now....  Smiley
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:41:10 PM

Bitcoin is future so future is bright Smiley
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:45:48 PM

Hasn't it already exploded? I guess articles like this will help gather more interest though.
No, the true explosion has not yet even begun. We are preparing for launch.

Please fasten your seatbelts and keep arms and legs inside the rocket at all times.

yeah, i think it hasn't reached its vertical point yet - it's still way too nascent at the moment. but we don't know for sure if it will even reach the vertical line. bitcoin shouldn't really be compared to twitter or facebook.. it's much, much more complicated and it brings new rules to the game that we've never seen.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:53:09 PM

A publication like Forbes should know better than to take a hard negative stance against Bitcoin. If Bitcoin succeeds they can say, "see, you heard it here first folks". If Bitcoin fails no one will remember and they can blame their contributors.

Peter Diamandis  Contributor
I write about entrepreneurs, abundance and exponential tools/tech.
Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

SpontaneousDream

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:56:18 PM

The problem with exploding prices is that volatility inhibits usage as people are scared to go in or spend. But increased usage would make the price explode. Not sure how this can be tackled.

Agreed. I can't see Bitcoin going fully mainstream until the price has stabled out. Any guesses on how long that may take?
jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:17:46 PM

The problem with exploding prices is that volatility inhibits usage as people are scared to go in or spend. But increased usage would make the price explode. Not sure how this can be tackled.

Agreed. I can't see Bitcoin going fully mainstream until the price has stabled out. Any guesses on how long that may take?

But with mainstream acceptance, naturally loads more people will be acquiring BTC.  So I would think that would cause value to rise.  Then once acceptance has grown to a large enough level, I imagine the price would stabilize.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:27:34 PM

But with mainstream acceptance, naturally loads more people will be acquiring BTC.  So I would think that would cause value to rise.  Then once acceptance has grown to a large enough level, I imagine the price would stabilize.

in that case, it would be considered more of a speculative asset than an actually useful currency. and that's why i think it'll never be a currency, and if it does become one, it won't be for a long, long time.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 09:35:24 PM

Another explosion is on its way, when it is coming no one knows. We know that the adoption rate of bitcoin is growing and its value will fall in line with this.

Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:21:54 AM

in that case, it would be considered more of a speculative asset than an actually useful currency. and that's why i think it'll never be a currency, and if it does become one, it won't be for a long, long time.
Even today bitcoin does have some characteristics of a currency. It is lacking being a store of value as it's price is volatile however the price volatility has subsided this year and hopefully the price will be mores stable in the future.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
gbooz

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:10:00 AM

It is difficult to predict the direction of the transformation of the bitcoin. But it is clear that bitcoin is in the begining of its life cycle. So, time will show if it will be the "beauty" or the "beast".
gbooz

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:20:11 AM

Even today bitcoin does have some characteristics of a currency. It is lacking being a store of value as it's price is volatile however the price volatility has subsided this year and hopefully the price will be mores stable in the future.
It is something in between the currency and speculative asset. So, the "kind of" regulation might have positive impact on the price stability of bitcoin. But is the price stability what the bitcoin holders are expecting today? I am not sure.. Smiley
bananaeater

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:10:42 AM

ok, another positive article. This will bring some new users to our community.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:32:48 PM

I'm not sure if wall street is ready to move in by this year already.

Also not sure if i should be happy if they do, because it will leave me less time to buy more bitcoin.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:40:59 PM

Looks like bitcoin is going to hit the proverbial big-time before it's technically even out of beta!!  Roll Eyes

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: