Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 11:36:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forbes Article Predicts Bitcoin Value will "Explode"  (Read 8219 times)
gbooz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:40:05 PM

What next to "explode"?
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:02:15 PM

Ugh, isn't Forbes allowing almost anyone to post articles on their website? I think most of us think that this really matters because the name Forbes has so much weight and reputation behind it, but I'm pretty sure this is just a random contributing article, not someone actually working for Forbes.

He's the CEO of XPRIZE, so I think he knows something about disruptive technologies...

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitchicksHusband

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:03:36 PM

The problem with exploding prices is that volatility inhibits usage as people are scared to go in or spend. But increased usage would make the price explode. Not sure how this can be tackled.

Well, if you look at SlipperySlope's posts (Metcalf's Law), you'll see that the two are tightly correlated, so it's not a problem that needs to be tackled.

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:04:06 PM

I've noticed that Forbes is very high on Bitcoin for about a year now.   Grin

Yes. I think some senior-level bright-spark at Forbes loaded up large and has been quietly keeping the in-house view bullish.

Fine by me.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 10:19:37 AM

so begins the explosion

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:08:41 AM

I'm almost certain we'll see some explosive growth at some point this year. I think there will be a point where the demand will outgrow the supply and we'll see a great leap in bitcoin's worth. There seems to be more and more companies accepting bitcoin almost daily and I'm sure we'll see some really big companies accepting it sooner or later. The question is just when.
jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:20:37 AM

I'm almost certain we'll see some explosive growth at some point this year. I think there will be a point where the demand will outgrow the supply and we'll see a great leap in bitcoin's worth. There seems to be more and more companies accepting bitcoin almost daily and I'm sure we'll see some really big companies accepting it sooner or later. The question is just when.

I really think if one large enough company started to accept bitcoin and gave some sort of advantage to using it (free shipping, 5% off on all bitcoin purchases) then it would give people an incentive to actually buy some bitcoin. Then if bitcoin speculators saw this and pulled or raised their sell orders, price could go up very quickly. I think the hardest part of educating the public is being done on a daily basis and is greatly helping with the potential for a big rise in value even if only some new people come aboard.
reactive4ce

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:30:44 AM

Last year Bitcoin really exploding, the price not so much though. The Bitcoin future looks promising.
Nerazzura

Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:25:26 PM

I see the price of bitcoin is already rising. I hope it does explode but the question is if it does can it stay there?
it will not survive, the price can go up at any time is very high. or dropped off at the lowest price. no one can be sure. of course we hope the price is not stable. but continued to climb: D
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:15:42 PM

All that was necessary for Bitcoin to explode was getting rid of all the thieves that latched on to it at the beginning. Now that they have been weeded out, plea bargained, prosecuted and bankrupt it's time for real businessmen to take over and make Bitcoin shine. The future looks promising.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 06:28:48 PM

so begins the explosion

Yep. Bitcoin did shoot up $50 in a day or two.

gbooz

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:21:06 PM

so begins the explosion

$50? It is very optimistic...
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:48:54 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 09:01:43 PM by eid

so begins the explosion

He's not being optimistic, he's just stating a fact:

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/btcusd

Lots of good news lately. I hope this is the start of something big. Now, shall I pay my CC bill or buy more bitcoins....
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 08:57:27 PM

so begins the explosion

He's not being optimistic, just stating a fact:

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/btcusd

Lots of good news lately. I hope this is the start of something big. Now, shall I pay my CC bill or buy more bitcoins....

Its better than being pessimistic.

BTCINVESTOR

Activity: 176
Merit: 101

Cryptographic money will be the bedrock in time.

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:53:38 AM

We all knew it would

Math based currencies will supplant all sovereign currencies over time. Buy them now.
coincollector

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:49:54 AM

I remember the days when an article like this would have led to a significant move in the price. The fact that it doesn't anymore I think is actually a good sign.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:16:59 AM

I think the potential that bitcoin could explode is part of what makes it exciting. I was there for the rise from $100-$1000 and the fall back again and it was a pretty big rush. I think it's only logical that it'll happen again as just look at all the companies and publicity bitcoin is getting. It seems a whole different world to what it was mid last year.
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:03:18 AM

I think the potential that bitcoin could explode is part of what makes it exciting. I was there for the rise from $100-$1000 and the fall back again and it was a pretty big rush. I think it's only logical that it'll happen again as just look at all the companies and publicity bitcoin is getting. It seems a whole different world to what it was mid last year.
This is true for any investment. What is exciting to me, is the fact that you can use your investment to purchase any number of goods/services instead of having to use fiat.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
rext

Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:52:52 AM

Yeap more and more companies are starting to accept bitcoin, it is gradually becoming a social norm
tmobileguy

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:30:25 AM

people need to just use it once and they will understand the potential... its far superior to cash, its just going to take time to build the infrastructure and change old habits that have been habits 'for a looooong time'....
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: