Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:44:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forbes Article Predicts Bitcoin Value will "Explode"  (Read 8219 times)
jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:03:07 AM

This article gives a very concise, but accurate history of bitcoin, and what is going on with it right now.  I definitely agree that it is currently on track to start lowering debit/credit card/cash use by large amounts.  Also I have seen coinbase now allowing merchants who go through them have the option to give bitcoin paying customers a % discount on their puchases, giving an incentive for people to pay with BTC.  This I think could really start getting people interested.

Anyway, I think hes right about the "venture capital" phase being just about complete, allowing the "wall street" phase to begin this fall/winter.  It is interesting times coming in the near future no doubt!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterdiamandis/2014/06/23/my-insights-on-bitcoin-going-from-deceptive-to-disruptive/
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:26:58 AM

The article will help.

waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 03:29:53 AM

good to see a banker publication behind bitcoin Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitcoinBud44

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:48:09 AM

I've noticed that Forbes is very high on Bitcoin for about a year now.   Grin

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
feverpitch

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:52:26 AM

I think most people assume the price will go up exponentially in the next 1-2 years. 
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:56:50 AM

Wow that is a positive article. If the timeline is what the author proposes this fall should be exciting.

Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:14:06 AM

Ugh, isn't Forbes allowing almost anyone to post articles on their website? I think most of us think that this really matters because the name Forbes has so much weight and reputation behind it, but I'm pretty sure this is just a random contributing article, not someone actually working for Forbes.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:20:37 AM

Great article. And I agree, bitcoin's image took a bad hit when it's exchange rate value exploded and MSM picked it up without knowing much about it.  All of that seems to be dying off though and more and more people are starting to realize bitcoins potential in being a huge game changer in the long run.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:30:48 AM

bitcoin = the force to be reckon with
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 05:05:34 AM

Ugh, isn't Forbes allowing almost anyone to post articles on their website? I think most of us think that this really matters because the name Forbes has so much weight and reputation behind it, but I'm pretty sure this is just a random contributing article, not someone actually working for Forbes.
The author is Peter Diamandis.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:40:08 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 07:30:22 AM by devphp

Hm, that's bearish, when MSM says something, usually do the opposite of what they recommend.

And here you go, the price kinda started sliding down to prove this.
Finchy

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:25:38 AM

Hasn't it already exploded? I guess articles like this will help gather more interest though.
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:50:05 AM

Hasn't it already exploded? I guess articles like this will help gather more interest though.

If bitcoin ever becomes really successful, what we've seen so far will look more like a fizzle than an explosion.
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:56:19 AM

eid is right.  Check out this presentation if you want to see bitcoin's true potential, price wise.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:11:27 AM

It already has 'exploded', but I'm sure we'll see another explosion soon enough. I think bitcoin will grow to where demand outstrips the supply and that should see some explosive growth.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:38:20 AM

I look forward to the days where sub $1000 bitcoins sound dirt cheap Smiley
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:19:10 AM

The problem with exploding prices is that volatility inhibits usage as people are scared to go in or spend. But increased usage would make the price explode. Not sure how this can be tackled.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:42:00 AM

I've noticed that Forbes is very high on Bitcoin for about a year now.   Grin

Yes. I think some senior-level bright-spark at Forbes loaded up large and has been quietly keeping the in-house view bullish.

Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:05:32 PM

This article gives a very concise, but accurate history of bitcoin, and what is going on with it right now.  I definitely agree that it is currently on track to start lowering debit/credit card/cash use by large amounts.  Also I have seen coinbase now allowing merchants who go through them have the option to give bitcoin paying customers a % discount on their puchases, giving an incentive for people to pay with BTC.  This I think could really start getting people interested.

Anyway, I think hes right about the "venture capital" phase being just about complete, allowing the "wall street" phase to begin this fall/winter.  It is interesting times coming in the near future no doubt!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterdiamandis/2014/06/23/my-insights-on-bitcoin-going-from-deceptive-to-disruptive/
thank you for giving the link of this article. I gain more knowledge about the development of bitcoin. so I can be more intelligent in the use of bitcoin
jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:22:19 PM

It already has 'exploded', but I'm sure we'll see another explosion soon enough. I think bitcoin will grow to where demand outstrips the supply and that should see some explosive growth.

Yes, especially once a 100% legit US base exchange (potentially this is where the wall st money will go) is opened.  That will help people obtain BTC and start using it day to day.  The limited nature of BTC will also help drive the value up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: