Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:40:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitponzi.io - fair ponzi with automated hourly payments, 150% in 150 hours.  (Read 10122 times)
Kords21

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:03:20 AM

As of this response, this program has been paying out pretty much every hour on the hour. I couldn't be any happier with it. I hope it continues and doesn't just disappear like some other programs tend to do. I plan to invest a bit more in the not too distant future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitponzi.io (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:55:55 AM

Thank you for your feedback. We think that the key to success and stability here is transparency. We're working on the updated version of our website, with more statistics which will help users make  deposit decisions more intelligently. It is here now: bitponzi.io/new. If you would like to see some more stats there please let us know
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:06:35 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 09:26:29 AM by sherbyspark

Just curious. There was a 1btc send to bit chest in the last pay hour, which would be the case only if they had invested 100 btc.
Is there any reason for this payment?
I might have missed something so just clarifying.

EDIT: I was wrong. I guess I was hallucinating. There doesnt seem to be a payout of 1BTC.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:35:59 AM

Just curious. There was a 1btc send to bit chest in the last pay hour, which would be the case only if they had invested 100 btc.
Is there any reason for this payment?
I might have missed something so just clarifying.

I'm not seeing it in the list of transactions from 1PoNzi7PGzRyvc9KWYBcaauS3oeJqa5vFg.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:18:17 AM

Thats weird, I was sure I saw it at the end of the list of a payout. Cant seem to find it now. No explanation for it. Maybe I was hallucinating.
And I also remember seeing, -1.2 something.
bitponzi.io (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:39:56 AM

That could happen if we withdrew our profit which is 1% of the total deposits. But we haven't done it yet actually.
Thats weird, I was sure I saw it at the end of the list of a payout. Cant seem to find it now. No explanation for it. Maybe I was hallucinating.
And I also remember seeing, -1.2 something.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:08:14 PM

That could happen if we withdrew our profit which is 1% of the total deposits. But we haven't done it yet actually.

That isn't clear at all from the game's description.

It would be better if you took your 1% from each deposit as soon as it happens. Then people can see how much is really left in the game just by watching the blockchain.

People are assuming the game doesn't stop paying until the balance in the 1ponzi address is zero, but that's not the case. It will stop paying when payouts start cutting into your paid 1% fees.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
bitponzi.io (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:33:30 PM

We thought about that, but it seems really cumbersome to take it from each deposit.
That probably would raise a lot of questions. But I get your point.

Let's make the following rule - we withdraw 1 BTC each time we get new 100 BTC in deposits.
That is as soon as we have 100 BTC in deposits we withdraw 1 BTC, as soon as we have 200 we withdraw another 1 BTC and so on. If we cannot withdraw it due to low balance we wait till we have sufficient balance. We're here for a long term program, we don't need to take 1btc out and damage the program.

That isn't clear at all from the game's description.

It would be better if you took your 1% from each deposit as soon as it happens. Then people can see how much is really left in the game just by watching the blockchain.

People are assuming the game doesn't stop paying until the balance in the 1ponzi address is zero, but that's not the case. It will stop paying when payouts start cutting into your paid 1% fees.
bitponzi.io (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:14:50 PM

Just click on the rating and see for yourself who gave it to us and so on. Actually we'll put it the signature now.
Your trust rating makes me not want to invest/gamble Cheesy
bitponzi.io (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:28:50 PM

No, it shouldn't. There's 150 payments for each deposit, don't forget. Deposits older than 150 hours don't contribute to the total payout.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:05:50 PM

We thought about that, but it seems really cumbersome to take it from each deposit.

Let's make the following rule - we withdraw 1 BTC each time we get new 100 BTC in deposits.
That is as soon as we have 100 BTC in deposits we withdraw 1 BTC, as soon as we have 200 we withdraw another 1 BTC and so on. If we cannot withdraw it due to low balance we wait till we have sufficient balance. We're here for a long term program, we don't need to take 1btc out and damage the program.

OK, so you get lots of tiny deposits, and for some of them taking 1% would mean taking less than a transaction fee which is very wasteful.

So how about this:

Each time you make an hourly payout, you pay yourself however much you're owed, based on all the deposits you've received since the last time you paid yourself.

That will usually not add enough to the transaction size to require any extra fee, and makes it clearer to everyone how much is really in the fund. As it is I don't know if you own 0.01 or 0.99 BTC of the fund in unclaimed fees.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
blacksmithtm

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:10:16 AM

What happens if you deposit less than the minimum amount?
blacksmithtm

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:13:33 AM

Also if you have 25 BTC this is a good way to earn 12.5 btc... Pour 25 btc in. People will think there is plenty of money and pour in their own 1 btc amounts... But they are just paying you in reality. There is going to be enough suckers thinking there is plenty money in, you will have your 12.5 BTC before it collapses

Also how many payments can there be in a single transaction on the blockchain? I imagine the system might have trouble if it suddenly have to pay to 100 different adresses every hour?
Bitcoinbikers

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Now that's a can do attitude!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 12:42:35 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 12:53:32 AM by Bitcoinbikers

Funds haven't moved since the 25th of June Roll Eyes  https://blockchain.info/address/1PoNzi7PGzRyvc9KWYBcaauS3oeJqa5vFg

Edit: I was looking at the last page, my bad!

1D6p2j56E4sTsjC7raahVm8HVEmWHMFFma
zwickl

Activity: 64

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:55:58 AM

OK, so you get lots of tiny deposits, and for some of them taking 1% would mean taking less than a transaction fee which is very wasteful.

So how about this:

Each time you make an hourly payout, you pay yourself however much you're owed, based on all the deposits you've received since the last time you paid yourself.

That will usually not add enough to the transaction size to require any extra fee, and makes it clearer to everyone how much is really in the fund. As it is I don't know if you own 0.01 or 0.99 BTC of the fund in unclaimed fees.

I really hope there's enough "investors" checking the address' balance before sending their own money. But having a big fish in there would certainly attrack more tadpoles Smiley

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Loophole

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:34:54 AM

Once again we'd like to ask user MEM to remove negative trust he gave us. He does not respond to any requests, but still.

mem hasn't come back to bitcointalk since Jul 2 (the day he left you negative trust) Grin

Bitcoinbikers

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Now that's a can do attitude!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 04:37:11 AM

You've got a competitor now Grin http://www.bitcointaboo.com/the-ponzi-game.php

1D6p2j56E4sTsjC7raahVm8HVEmWHMFFma
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:37:08 AM

So how about this:

Is it not possible to add in the 1% into the ethereum contract? What about if you used open transactions since the idea was even grandma can make contracts but the gui never came to fruition.
bitponzi.io (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:13:35 AM

yes it's doable, but actually our fees are also very easy to see - this is just 1% of the total deposited amount, can be checked at blockchain.info

So how about this:

bitponzi.io (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:14:58 AM

We refund it on request. Thought about automated refunds but it's an easy way to spam the system obviously.
What happens if you deposit less than the minimum amount?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: