Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:18:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Premine (PMC) Swap to PreminePlus (PMP)  (Read 36590 times)
maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:42:30 PM

Is the new wallet stuck at block 1001?

setgenerate=true doesn't generate any blocks anymore, and pointing some mining gear towards the wallet only generates rejects...

I noticed... I think we may be pure POS now... we need to get this coin 'out there'

I thought TMX said there would be 5000 PoW blocks?

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheMightyX (OP)

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:02:42 PM

What do you mean 250k reserved?
Just waiting in another wallet?

Yes, we were going to take turns swapping and I didn't think it safe to share a wallet file between us. Seems there are a lot less people swapping than we anticipated (most people probably still don't know), so kbroadfoot hasn't tagged me in for a swap shift.

Most likely once the new Launch/Giveaway ANN is up and the word starts spreading, people that were holding PMC will find out about the swap that way.
This is why its important to not arbitrarily close the swap window on them.

Wow, I'm away for half a day and there's a million comments.
TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:08:56 PM

I sent you a link to the github like 3 days ago -_-
Put that link on the ANN for the coin....  ( of course )...
On this Swap ANN? Its got the ugly wallet though  Angry
http://github.com/themightyx/premineplus

Happily mining blocks in the network, waiting for POS to kick in!

PoS runs in parallel until PoW blocks end Wink
Theres a bunch of empty PoW blocks left in there so that I could mine the tx fees (I like round numbers) but then everyone decided to start mining them  Roll Eyes
TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:26:10 PM

Caught up  Smiley

7.61 percent of all PMC burned already..

P.S I AM accepting tips... look to my signature line... ( I only have like 250 pmc ) I lost a few in a crash...

18 burns paid

Remaining PMP in the swap wallet:  212013.244732 + 250K reserved  ( Until we get a block explorer this is the best I can do )

PMC burned:    37995.75521727  ( Percent of total PMC:  - 7.61 Percent )

I added a new column to the excel doc that automatically calculates how many PMC have been burned. This way people can cross-reference the excel doc with the Burn address to verify the amounts are the same.
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:50:24 PM

The amounts will be very close... not counting transaction fees and sometimes a little rounding due to the wallet  not going as many decimals deep as the PMC burn addresses can.

TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:17:22 PM

Well thank you!

At rate we are going we will not trade all PMC in most likely... I think many of the little gifts of PMC we gave out over the months are probably simply lost...

But the swap will stay on until Oct 1st... ( three months )

Then the leftover swap PMC will have to be dealt with.... I want to offer bounties for a block explorer, games, listing fee for Atomic-Trade perhaps, maybe for Poloniex....

We need input from the PMP community on these things...

I am pretty sure we can give away all 500k PMC from the giveaway PMP fund.... should we save the remaining swap PMP fund for bounties, bribes? At what point to we say we are done and destroy the remaining swap PMP?

Input needed!

( Obviously we are still waiting for the ANN for PMP itself, this only being the SWAP ANN )

I think that many of the PMC community members haven't been checking the PMC thread lately and so don't even know about the SWAP or revival plans. Hopefully we will have a steady stream of people going back to find their old PMC wallets for the trade in once the word gets out. All though, its better for everyone if a small amount of PMC is swapped  Wink

I'd like to have a round-table discussion soon on the specifics of the PMC destruction and bounty allotment.
I've got some ideas I'd like to share.

I propose this then: We create a PreminePlus Foundation...

We put a few folks in this community on it... perhaps by a nominal donation to the Foundation Funds...
The on October 1st the remaining swap PMC roll into that fund... no coins are destroyed...

This foundation will by votes, decide on future charitable donations, projects, bounties, listings etc etc...

The excess swap PMC will be the biggest contributor... in a weird way PMC will be funding the foundation by default...

( That is unless it is such an huge amount it spooks our regular PMP people, perhaps we match funds then destroy, who knows )

I am of the mindset that the more development funding a project can get the better off it will be. That being said there is also major concern for oversaturating the market with funds as every single coin that is paid out in bounties will eventually be sold back into the market. To play the devils advocate though, those funds were already scheduled to be swapped and so they would have entered the market anyway.

Definitely much to discuss on that front.
It's important to solidify that we won't be doing anything that our community is opposed to.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:40:02 PM

what algo it will be now?

yolo
TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:51:08 PM

The amounts will be very close... not counting transaction fees and sometimes a little rounding due to the wallet  not going as many decimals deep as the PMC burn addresses can.

Let's make a mental note to enter only up to the 6th decimal place in the excel doc so everything lines up.

It seems I got block 1002:

So is that 2nd PoS?

Are PoS coins given as an exact percentage of stake? or to whomever finds the block?

I'm not sure I understand the questions.
PoS staking rewards you a percentage of your coins based on total coin age. Our protocol has a max coin age of 30 days. If you wait 30 days before staking you will receive 6% ( 50% / 12 months ) interest. If you wait 15 days you will get 3%. I forgot to set reservestake=X in my .conf file yesterday and accidentally staked the premine and got roughly 3400 PMP (Looks like we have our first bounty amount!). Won't make that mistake again.
TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:56:48 PM

what algo it will be now?

PoW algo is irrelevant as its 100% PoS. There is no PoW phase (there are a handful of PoW blocks for mining tx fees but they are empty).
Unlike other coins that claim to be 100% PoS but have 1 or 2 week PoW phases where people instamine and cloudmine. Our distribution will be fair and uniform. The base coins PoW algo was scrypt though.

yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:02:37 AM

It seems my wallet is still stuck at block 1002.

It shows 3 active connections to PMP Network.

And since 1.03 pm yesterday there are coins in stake mode and POS interest is waiting for more confirmations.

Is the PMP network really working? POS only?
TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:11:16 AM

It seems my wallet is still stuck at block 1002.

It shows 3 active connections to PMP Network.

And since 1.03 pm yesterday there are coins in stake mode and POS interest is waiting for more confirmations.

Is the PMP network really working? POS only?

Just messaged you and the others.
get onto 0.7.3 asap
I've mined 3 blocks in the past minute.
thanks
-TMX
yogibaer
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:23:38 AM

Just messaged you and the others.
get onto 0.7.3 asap
I've mined 3 blocks in the past minute.
thanks
-TMX

new wallet is up and running Smiley THX
quasimodo
Legendary

Activity: 2692
Merit: 1175

Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:12:47 AM

New wallet works perfect. 3 blocks in total with 14 coins.
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:00:16 PM

New wallet works perfect. 3 blocks in total with 14 coins.

PMCswap wallet working as well... swap back on.... last entry to send  on hold until I get a message back from nexter about his wallet upgrade...

maardein

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:06:57 PM

I am getting an error with the new PMP wallet. Any one else also?

"The application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:11:50 PM

Yes, I am getting that error whenever I try and do anything in the debug log... so for now I am running it and leaving debug log alone...

To restart the wallet you may have to delete this:

"Also maybe delete the "boost_interprocess" folder in your C:/programData folder (windows 7)."

TMX mentioned he was having some issues... and they will be fixed next release...

maardein

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:19:04 PM

Yes, I am getting that error whenever I try and do anything in the debug log... so for now I am running it and leaving debug log alone...

To restart the wallet you may have to delete this:

"Also maybe delete the "boost_interprocess" folder in your C:/programData folder (windows 7)."

TMX mentioned he was having some issues... and they will be fixed next release...

Thanks, that seems to have fixed the error. I am sorry, I am really bad at reading instructions completely...

kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:43:21 PM

ATTENTION LINUX GURUS!

Using this:

https://github.com/TheMightyX/PreminePlus

And this:

"I had to modify the premineplus-qt.pro file (following this http://pw999.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/compiling-memecoin-qt-on-xubuntu/) to make it work and then it successfully built  doing qmake-qt4 and then qmake Smiley"

_CR_ built the PMP wallet for Ubuntu...

( If you don't know who _CR_ is, he is the guy who found and squashed the Original PMC bug where it restarted the block rewards when they hit zero. A bug that affects even Bitcoin *way in the future, though* )

TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:39:45 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 02:03:14 PM by TheMightyX

ATTENTION LINUX GURUS!

Using this:

https://github.com/TheMightyX/PreminePlus

And this:

"I had to modify the premineplus-qt.pro file (following this http://pw999.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/compiling-memecoin-qt-on-xubuntu/) to make it work and then it successfully built  doing qmake-qt4 and then qmake Smiley"

_CR_ built the PMP wallet for Ubuntu...

( If you don't know who _CR_ is, he is the guy who found and squashed the Original PMC bug where it restarted the block rewards when they hit zero. A bug that affects even Bitcoin *way in the future, though* )

It's important to clarify that is for Ubuntu and for the wallet GUI.
If you just need the daemon (block explorers, pools, exchanges) no mods are necessary.
For debian just build as normal (don't forget to add the /obj folder to /src/ manually) run the makefile and make some coffee.
You can pretty much follow your build tutorial of choice but Compiling_the_Litecoin_daemon_from_source_on_Debian is straightforward and easy, should take roughly 5-10 mins.
If you want a more in-depth guide to setting up your build environment on linux and downloading some things manually you can use this guide

yogibaer
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:55:59 PM

dunno but it seems my wallet stopped staking?

This morning  I had 6 blocks within about 3h. Since 12h nothing? Wallet is open,  I have 2 active connections and I use the current version.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: