Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:43:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got hacked, MUSEUM HAS BEEN SAVED! THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR KINDNESS!!!  (Read 8301 times)
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:16:11 AM

I don't think this is an auction. The timer was for OP to make a decision to either sell the items or not and accept a loan as far as I remember.

Increasing my bid to 0.37 BTC for 10 LTC (Lealana)

It would be nice to get some guidance from the OP, or people wont know whether to rebid on items if outbid, or place new bids.

Whats the point of a countdown clock if the ending time isnt followed?

It's not an auction.. we are just placing offers, Dob might accept all, he might accept none.  
So I'll be adding this Smiley

BitcoinNerd 1g Silver Round "The 10,000 Bitcoin Pizza"  20@silver spot price + 35%
Nolancoin ฿5 Token *Bitcoin Exchange of New Orleans* *NOT LOADED* 1@0.007BTC
Nolancoin ฿10 Token *Bitcoin Exchange of New Orleans* *NOT LOADED* 1@0.007BTC

I get that...but there should be some deadline in place

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 01:18:54 AM

He posted a timer for when he makes his decision a few pages back
anykeywhy

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:21:06 AM

Am I missing something? When this became a never-ending auction??

The OP was asked about the "end-of-biddings"... the solution was to add a countdown too... no loans were "at disposal", unfortunately, before the countdown was over...

Sure we all need a clarification of terms from the OP!   Smiley

Cheers!
-akw
noellajean

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 01:21:58 AM

just letting everyone know that DobZombie will be finishing work soon and then jumping on as soon as possible after this to let everyone know what is happening Smiley
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 02:58:57 AM

I'm not on my computer atm. Will be more detailed once I'm on.

Serp coin @ 0.11
Bh coin @ .1358
Mjb s1 @. 125

Time ran out 45 min ago.  Auction is over according to the countdown clock.

The countdown clock was not an absolute deadline; just an 'arounf here' type of thing.

There's a couple of hours left.  It's not a hard and fast time, but I will be posting my decision within 24hrs.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:26:24 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 05:31:45 AM by miffman

0.46BTC for the bullion bar!!!!

Flip I really want this thing.

1@0.065 1g silver mjbmonetarymetals series 2
5@0.004 Nasty Fans 1g Silver Bitcoin Round 2013
Bitcoin magazine #8 @0.01

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:36:29 AM

One Fifth 100 Mills .999 Gold Plated Bitcoin Round -  1@ 0.016
1oz Bitcoin Challenge Coin *Vires In Numeris* - 1@0.01
Casascius 5 Bitcoin Blank coin *without hologram*   5@ 0.05 total
Bitcoin Postage Stamp from Luxembourg *USED*    1@0.004

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
noellajean

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 07:07:19 AM

in the last hour we have had a wonderful member of this bitcoin community step forward and offer a loan for the remaining 10 coin needed to recoup the stolen amount - this means that none of the items will be sold and the museum will remain intact

I would like to thank everyone who has assisted us in loans and donations towards this amount, you have all restored my faith in the BTC community and I am now typing with eyes full of tears

and I would also like to say to everyone who showed an interest in this auction that I thank you for your support and kind words. Thanks to you guys the museum will not be getting split up, if you all hadn't got the word out there we would not have received the loans and donations that we did.
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:10:58 AM

Fair enough, pleased for you both.  Grin
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:19:29 AM

Great news to hear the Museum stays in tact!
DobZombie (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:24:12 AM

FUND RAISING GOAL HAS BEEN ACHIEVED!!
We have received enough coins to cover the theft.  I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone that helped raise funds and awareness. I'd also like to thank everyone that were so kind to Noella & I over the course of the last few weeks!
***************************************************************************************

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 07:24:34 AM

in the last hour we have had a wonderful member of this bitcoin community step forward and offer a loan for the remaining 10 coin needed to recoup the stolen amount - this means that none of the items will be sold and the museum will remain intact

I would like to thank everyone who has assisted us in loans and donations towards this amount, you have all restored my faith in the BTC community and I am now typing with eyes full of tears

and I would also like to say to everyone who showed an interest in this auction that I thank you for your support and kind words. Thanks to you guys the museum will not be getting split up, if you all hadn't got the word out there we would not have received the loans and donations that we did.

Wonderful news!
I am happy to hear.

I believe that all events has a up side and a down side.
I your case where you got hacked, the up side might very well be that the museum as got a lot of publicity.
This is very important since the community had many new members over the last year.
Personally, I have recognized the Museum, but not given it much attention.
Only when the items went for "sale" did I realize the importance of the museum.
Hope that you will continue to expand the Museum.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 07:30:49 AM

Many of us bidders (me included) may feel disapointed in the missed opportunity of building collections, especially since the auction has been ongoing for a long time. That said, I'm sure everyone can agree that it is best for the community that this museum remains. I believe it will become much more respected now, that we have all gotten acquainted with Dob & Noella. I for one look forward to working with the museum in the future!
Congrats!

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 08:50:54 AM

Just read the news on another thread. Great stuff!

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
justbtcme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:50:17 AM

Many of us bidders (me included) may feel disapointed in the missed opportunity of building collections, especially since the auction has been ongoing for a long time. That said, I'm sure everyone can agree that it is best for the community that this museum remains. I believe it will become much more respected now, that we have all gotten acquainted with Dob & Noella. I for one look forward to working with the museum in the future!
Congrats!

I agree with this. I would like to retract my bid for the casascius bar and instead would like to donate to help keep the museum up.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:56:27 AM

Great news. Hopefully the museum will only grow from here on out. Enjoy your honeymoon!  Smiley
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:26:34 AM

I'm not gonna lie to say that I am a bit disappointed too  Grin but congrats guys!!! The btc community rocks!

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 11:52:03 AM

I'm not gonna lie to say that I am a bit disappointed too  Grin but congrats guys!!! The btc community rocks!
I am a bit disappointed too, even though that makes me sound like an ass. I really looked forward to have some more Bitcoin collectables. I am very happy that people helped you out so much, that is great to see!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
noellajean

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 12:28:26 PM

I am a bit disappointed too, even though that makes me sound like an ass. I really looked forward to have some more Bitcoin collectables. I am very happy that people helped you out so much, that is great to see!

you're allowed to feel a little disappointed, and no that doesn't make you "sound like an ass"...

it's you guys taking part in this, your words of support and encouragement, that helped us out the most - you have all truly restored my faith in the BTC community and I really hope we can all stay banded together and take this awesome community forward into the future
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 01:20:50 PM

Great news guys!  I would like to donate a Silver Wallet to the museum if you want one!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525756.msg5833667#msg5833667

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: