Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:48:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miserydearia needs to return peoples accounts and bitcoins [Replied-In progress]  (Read 5912 times)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:14:25 AM

This is how I see it;

1.  Whoever is the administrator of Witcoin must also provide a reliable way for any user that is registered to withdraw their witcoin's as bitcoin. (no matter what state the website is in).

2.  CryptoCoinMedia (the owner of the domain, and original payee of the hosting), is doing the community service of making sure that the bitcoins are indeed still under the control of Bitcoincconsultancy (shown by a pre-stated transfer to an address that has a public signature attracted to it).

CryptoCoinMedia isn't requesting that he gains control of the bitcoins; rather Bitcoincconsultancy proves that they are still in control of these coins, and makes them available for people to withdraw.

Cam.

Edit: Spelling

There needs to be 3 things happen. A list of users, a list of how many coins they get, and a trusted third party to distribute them. Everything else is beside the point.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:20:07 AM

How about a little background/history for the clueless among us?

Mizerydearia was the developer and built all the code for witcoin. I payed for the domains and vps it was hosted on. After intsersango hired Miz to go to Poland the site was killed and the code taken after I made a demand that it be worked on and that I wanted to take it in a different more professional direction.

QFT

Just quit it. And dont pm me with allegations about cryptoxchange because you will also be reported if it happens again. Myself and others have provided the solution and now its up to bitcoinconsultancy to act.

RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:20:41 AM

I just created a new thread about this:

CryptoXChange Associate's attempt to Slander and Extort Intersango
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66602.0
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:29:15 AM

lol nice wall of text. Doesnt address the initial request for the users to get their coins back though.

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:45:44 AM

ps. updated my post, so state that whoever was the last administrator of Witcoin should be responsible for the fact that the coins are not available to the registered users.

One off NP-Hard.
RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:52:22 AM

lol nice wall of text. Doesnt address the initial request for the users to get their coins back though.

Yes, I did address how witcoin users should get their coins back.

-Witcoin users who are owed money have a legitimate claim to recover those funds from miserydearia.  They should contact miserydearia directly to facilitate this transfer of funds.  Misery should make himself available, and make a post about how to contact him to recover these funds.  The matter of these refunds is between miserydearia and witcoin users.

[...]

-Intersango/BitcoinConsultancy is completely innocent and unrelated in this matter.  Accepting miserydearia's future collaboration does not make them responsible for any past debts miserydearia may have.  
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:53:47 AM

ps. updated my post, so state that whoever was the last administrator of Witcoin should be responsible for the fact that the coins are not available to the registered users.

Good idea. witcoin was actually a collaboration of people who I wont bring into the debacle because they never has access to the server either..in some ways msery was the sys admin.

If there ever was a contract between the administrators it was broken by a refusal to keep the site running and give users full control of their accounts.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:57:34 AM

Yes, I did address how witcoin users should get their coins back.

-Witcoin users who are owed money have a legitimate claim to recover those funds from miserydearia.  They should contact miserydearia directly to facilitate this transfer of funds.  Misery should make himself available, and make a post about how to contact him to recover these funds.  The matter of these refunds is between miserydearia and witcoin users.

[...]

-Intersango/BitcoinConsultancy is completely innocent and unrelated in this matter.  Accepting miserydearia's future collaboration does not make them responsible for any past debts miserydearia may have.  

Witcoin is listed on the bitcoinconsultancy site and theres a gitorious hub belonging to genjix. It says they are the current administrators doesnt it ?

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:14:37 AM

Yes, mizerydearia should set up some process for allowing users to get their BTC back (I have ~10 BTC tied up there). But I'm sure that mizerydearia has no intention of stealing the BTC, and Bitcoin Consultancy isn't involved at all. This hostility isn't necessary.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:20:45 AM

Yes, mizerydearia should set up some process for allowing users to get their BTC back (I have ~10 BTC tied up there). But I'm sure that mizerydearia has no intention of stealing the BTC, and Bitcoin Consultancy isn't involved at all. This hostility isn't necessary.

He is listed as part of bitcoinconsultancy on their website by his real name an witcoin is listed as being managed by them.
 That means yes they are involved and if nothing else its a conspiracy involving anyone listed on their site as members.

RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:26:05 AM

He is listed as part of bitcoinconsultancy on their website by his real name an witcoin is listed as being managed by them.
 That means yes they are involved and if nothing else its a conspiracy involving anyone listed on their site as members.

The section where witcoin is listed on bitcoinconsultancy.com:
In accordance with the spirit of bitcoin, Bitcoin Consultancy provides open source software and consulting to advance the development of bitcoin. Our main focus is on developing sectors of bitcoin and strengthening bitcoin's position as a proper means of conducting commerce.

You have a valid point: bitcoinconsultancy should clarify their involvement with witcoin.  If (though there is no evidence of it yet) they are in fact in possession of witcoin deposits, you are right to put them on notice.  At this point I still see it as a premature attack.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:28:32 AM

The section where witcoin is listed on bitcoinconsultancy.com:
In accordance with the spirit of bitcoin, Bitcoin Consultancy provides open source software and consulting to advance the development of bitcoin. Our main focus is on developing sectors of bitcoin and strengthening bitcoin's position as a proper means of conducting commerce.

You have a valid point: bitcoinconsultancy should clarify their involvement with witcoin.  If (though there is no evidence of it yet) they are in fact in possession of witcoin deposits, you are right to put them on notice.  At this point I still see it as a premature attack.

This has been ongoing for the past 12 months and mizery himself hasnt clarified how anyone will get their accounts back and refuses to because - quote "I am lazy and couldnt be bothered"

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:29:02 AM

Hi world.  This was brought to my attention, and I shall provide some infos/response.

After the lead dev of witcoin went to Poland to work for the guys from intersango the site basically died.

My latest push to the private git repository for witcoin was June 3rd, 2011.  However, ever since February of 2011, my performance, enthusiasm and excitement towards witcoin has declined relative to my suffering from health issues.  Since the end of October there has been a controversy that erupted between noagendamarket and myself.  You may read that thread to learn more about the history.  And still, to this day, I haven't progressed with anything relative to witcoin development, management, maintenance, updates, restoration or providing an ability for users to recover their bitcoins, therefore this thread seems relative to the effort for me to overcome my inactivity, and again, well, I cannot keep using my health as an excuse... I am still alive after all, and I still have limbs for which I can type.

I was promised they would help with witcoin but they basically killed it and I hold them also partly responsible.

This statement seems inaccurate or false.  There is no way anyone in affiliation with Bitcoin Consultancy besides myself could have any involvement to hinder the progress of witcoin.  While there have been efforts and interest especially by genjix to promote, encourage and contribute towards witcoin, still, everything was and still is entirely in my control and access and thus is my responsibility and also relative to the original sentence of the original post, entirely my fault and nobody else's.  The consideration of they or anyone else has offered or contributed to 'help' may seem considerate of them, but in no way are any individuals besides myself responsible or accountable for anything relating to witcoin.  Still, entirely everything is between noagendamarket and myself, in which even as we both self-established each other as co-owners, still only I have access to everything, and noone else.  So, the only accountability, responsibility for resolving anything relative to witcoin is entirely at my own efforts and accomplishments.

I am unable to replace the coins that were taken as the entire codebase and wallet was removed from the server without warning.

This is inaccurate.  The codebase and wallet were never removed from the vps used for the site.  If you review this witcoin thread, you will learn that as of the controversy at end of October 2011 that erupted relative to noagendamarket's latest plea that he could no longer afford the hosting expenses and the collaboration between noagendamarket and myself, there was a growing conflict that led us apart: noagendamarket established an active affiliation with Cryptoxchange that participated in an attempt to establish control over witcoin, especially relative to my inactivity relative to my decline in health and procrastination.  I, in affiliation with others who were generous enough to offer helping with cost of hosting, eventually accepted amiller's offer, in which other than his friendliness, there wasn't any affiliation similar to that of noagendamarket + Cryptoxchange.  And even my affiliation with Bitcoin Consultancy, which amiller is not involved with, was unrelated to that of witcoin even though genjix effortfully provided reference to it on the bitcoinconsultancy.com website, which I mentioned to him a few times concernedly indicating it seemed strange, but he decided to preserve it, and in essence, it is perhaps that that causes influence that Bitcoin Consultancy is affiliated with witcoin or that witcoin is affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy.  But, that is not accurate.  Still, there is no affiliation or correlation other than that I, as a human, have affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy, but I have not included or incorporated my developments or efforts of witcoin into Bitcoin Consultancy.

Getting back on topic, amiller helped to pay for the linode vps for a few months after noagendamarket expressed his ceasing payments around approximately October 28th.  Since them, amiller has paid linode.com for the vps.  And during that time, still I haven't progressed with the project/website.  After three months of paying, I did proceed in making backups of the data on the vps before mentioning to amiller that he was welcome to stop paying for the vps account, because, it wasn't his responsibility to keep doing so as he was merely offering a friendly gesture to help.  And since still I had been unaccomplishing, it seemed a waste of resources, in which I am appreciative for his helpfulness, but embarrassed and apologetic for the lack of usefulness that I pursued during those months that he helped.  I still have the backups of the site data and the bitcoin wallet and the affiliated bitcoins, all postgresql data, and everything necessary to prepare for a recovery or to handle resolving the issue that is still existing.  And still I would like to resolve this conflict as well as proceed with things, however, it is difficult for me because of my health issue.  And, even as I reference it again, I also recognize the idea of which referring to it seems quite ample of an opportunity to pursue malicious, scandalous, or otherwise devious, evil, or other corrupt efforts and activities, but I assure everyone again that that is not my intention.  However, I do encourage everyone to keep such ideas in consideration and to not allow overlooking it, because it is important to preserve an open and honest comprehension of important matters like this.  And especially, if I do lie, cheat, steal, or otherwise pursue fraudulent activities, I highly encourage taking necessary action to remedy such abuses.  Anyhow, proceeding with next....

I apologise to anyone who might lose coins because of these peoples actions.

I also apologize, especially so much for the length of which still I haven't resolved any issues relative to witcoin and for which I am solely responsible.  However, eventually I will do so.  And especially in the case that this issue becomes one that involves legal system, perhaps that is useful as yet another inspirational or motivational factor to somehow overcome my interruptive health issue and stop being so lazy and procrastinative as well.  Like, right now, I am typing all of this instead of effortfully working on something relative to witcoin to allow users to recover their funds or to restore the site or something similar.  So, ... I must do that and soon.

https://gitorious.org/intersango/witcoin  in case people think Im deluded Smiley

I noticed this a few weeks ago I think when chmod755 pointed it out.  It was quite surprising, because chmod755 pointed out that 'I' released the source code there.   But, I never did push the source code to a public repository.  I later realized that genjix took it upon himself to do that.  And, relative to my 'promise' that I mentioned last year, 2011, to release code before the end of the year, I did that, albeit very poorly, right here.  And even many months before then, I had already set up gitorious.org/witcoin/witcoin on May 12th, 2011.  And still that repository is empty because I haven't yet prepared the code base to be useful for others to use.  It is something I must do, but even as I haven't done it by the end of the year last year, still I did release a 'zip' (ewww) archive of the code as mentioned in the witcoin thread. linked just earlier in this reply.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.0;all

After intsersango hired Miz to go to Poland the site was killed and the code taken after I made a demand that it be worked on and that I wanted to take it in a different more professional direction.

mm, I'm not sure how to accurately elaborate on this in an accurate sense.  I am not sure on the idea of my being 'hired.'  I don't consider that I was hired.  I did participate in an opportunity to participate on open source developments in affiliation with Bitcoin Consultancy in which my travel, shared living expenses and food were paid for, however, even after I returned and especially Donald Norman indicated that he wanted to compensate me for my time, even then I felt as if I had not contributed enough effort to be worthy of any compensation whatsoever.  Even as I was in Warzawa, Poland, I still endured much devastating interruption relative to my health issue and I remember even walking one day with genjix and he was concerned about my lack of productivity or accomplishments.  So, definitely I was not comfortable with accepting any compensation for my time there, in which I barely accomplished anything, well, other than making foods for us, especially phantomcircuit who was especially so very lazy to cook food or even eat, oftentimes forgetting entirely, or too busy or preoccupied to even realize his hunger.  So, I was somewhat useful, but it wasn't enough for me to feel worthy of any compensation.  Especially I was so very amazed and excited that I had an opportunity to travel overseas, my first time outside of united states country, and it was so amazing.  The experience was enough of a compensation for me.

But as I returned, around the beginning of October, and for a month, I then proceeded in returning to my developments of witcoin.  I did not do anythning with witcoin while I was in Warszawa.  I did not want to allow witcoin project to interfere with the developments I was working on in affiliation with Bitcoin Consultancy and especially for it to interrupt or take away my time from such developments affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy.  Besides, I already had enough interruption from my plaguing health issue.  And as I did return, and as the controvery evolved around October 28th, the site had been offline for an extended period since then, but still, until sometime in January, the vps was still running and waiting for me to continue working on it...but I didn't...  =/

noagendamarket did express that he had conflicting ideas on taking witcoin in another direction than what I had in mind, and that was a kind of basis for the controversy that erupted in October 2011.  And especially I was attached to the code that I had written from scratch and wasn't sure how to proceed.  Anyhow, I shalln't elaborate so much about it here as anyone that is interested to understand more from my perspective can read the witcoin thread.

And you don't have a copy of the code, I take it?

For the moment still I am the only one with full copy of all necessary data (code, sql data, bitcoins) and am thus responsible for resurrecting, restoring, transferring or otherwise handling anything affiliated with witcoin, therefore, all eyes shall be on me, and for me to take action.

Intersango is a major exchange and id hate for them to get embroiled in a criminal case.

Statements like these seem kind of defamatory or otherwise abusive.  I am a human existence and the sole person reliable for anything related to witcoin.  I have affiliation with others such as Taste of Thai where I was working a couple years ago in Appleton, my ex-stepfather where I am currently staying in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Bitcoin Consultancy, who I had participated with last year in Warszawa, Spencer Daily, who had interviewed me relative to witcoin and several others.  However, it seems that there is a concerted effort to specifically target Bitcoin Consultancy (or one of the projects affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy, particularly Intersango, but not also libbitcoin, Momento VPS, bitcoin media or any other projects affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy or projects affiliated with anyone that is affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy.  In essence, it seems strange for one, in this case noagendamarket, to establish a kind of affiliation of Intersango, a bitcoin exchange, to witcoin.  There is no direct correlation or affiliation.  That is all I shall say on this, as I'm sure others may understand.

Just to be clear dearia has been offered more than one vps to get the code running again and let people reclaim coins. The response has been "Im too lazy"  There are many bitcoin elders who can confirm my actions and my good faith in trying to chase this up.

This is kind of true.  I do accept the comprehension of my laziness and procrastination, but also I am suffering from a health issues which is driving me crazy to this day and this very moment.

I assumed they had good faith and the best interests of users in their heart but apparently if youre a witcoin user you can be ripped off and left without an explanation. It needs to be fixed and NOW.

Again, this statement seems defamatory as well.  Again, I am the sole person responsible for witcoin and everything related to it.  Bitcoin Consultancy and others affiliated with it, e.g. genjix and phantomcircuit, are not responsible or do not have the access or ability to do anything relative to bitcoin other than help to motivate, inspire, convince or otherwise manipulate me to do something, and this is true for any other human existence in cluding that relative to any legal matters that result relative to my inactivity or progress on doing something.

Oh look its even listed o their site as BELONGING TO THEM.

You may read my feedback on this earlier in this reply in which I mentioned that genjix took it upon his own interest to mention witcoin on the website, but in no way has witcoin been affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy or even genjix or phantomcircuit.  It is something entirely at my own involvement, and also noagendamarket's in which there is controvery/dispute that must be resolved, and, well, it shall be.  I am merely, for now, clearing up some misconceptions or inaccurate statements that are being repeated in this thread.

mizerydearia refused and then removed the code and all the coins from the existing host without prior agreement to do so.  They took over 400 bitcoins and are refusing to return them. Is that difficult to understand?

Again, the code was never removed from the vps.  Everything existed intact and practically untouched (other than for backups) until January 2012 when I suggested amiller needn't pay any longer at his own expense which he was kind and generous enough to offer.  I still have a backup and still I have the ability and full responsibility to restore everything and resolve this issue.  It is entirely my responsibility and all considerations should focus on me and not anyone else.  There is nothing anyone besides me can do.

The coins need to be moved to an address and reported so we know they still exist. All else is piss and wind as far as Im concerned. I dont want anything nor have I demanded anything from Intersango apart from proof they still have the coins.

Again, Intersango is a bitcoin exchange.  Intersango is not a person.  Intersango is a project produced by Bitcoin Consultancy and particularly phantomcircuit as lead developer and also involving genjix and Incitatus.  None of them, nor the bitcoin exchange Intersango are involved or responsible for anything related to witcoin.  It is not their responsibility and even they do not have the ability to do anything.  Actually, the likely thing they could do is to assume responsibility over my existence and to generously offer compensation to others entirely at their own expense, perhaps similar to how MtGox did so with Bitomat when Bitomat lost all their bitcoins.  Again, I still have all the bitcoins and source code and everything necessary to return them, but it is something that I must take action to do, and until I do, it is my sole responsibility and all effort or consideration should be directedly entirely to myself and noone else, e.g. not phantomcircuit, genjix, Incitatus, spenvo, chmod755, or any other human existence.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:37:03 AM

Hi world.  This was brought to my attention, and I shall provide some infos/response.

After the lead dev of witcoin went to Poland to work for the guys from intersango the site basically died.

My latest push to the private git repository for witcoin was June 3rd, 2011.  However, ever since February of 2011, my performance, enthusiasm and excitement towards witcoin has declined relative to my suffering from health issues.  Since the end of October there has been a controversy that erupted between noagendamarket and myself.  You may read that thread to learn more about the history.  And still, to this day, I haven't progressed with anything relative to witcoin development, management, maintenance, updates, restoration or providing an ability for users to recover their bitcoins, therefore this thread seems relative to the effort for me to overcome my inactivity, and again, well, I cannot keep using my health as an excuse... I am still alive after all, and I still have limbs for which I can type.

I was promised they would help with witcoin but they basically killed it and I hold them also partly responsible.

This statement seems inaccurate or false.  There is no way anyone in affiliation with Bitcoin Consultancy besides myself could have any involvement to hinder the progress of witcoin.  While there have been efforts and interest especially by genjix to promote, encourage and contribute towards witcoin, still, everything was and still is entirely in my control and access and thus is my responsibility and also relative to the original sentence of the original post, entirely my fault and nobody else's.  The consideration of they or anyone else has offered or contributed to 'help' may seem considerate of them, but in no way are any individuals besides myself responsible or accountable for anything relating to witcoin.  Still, entirely everything is between noagendamarket and myself, in which even as we both self-established each other as co-owners, still only I have access to everything, and noone else.  So, the only accountability, responsibility for resolving anything relative to witcoin is entirely at my own efforts and accomplishments.

I am unable to replace the coins that were taken as the entire codebase and wallet was removed from the server without warning.

This is inaccurate.  The codebase and wallet were never removed from the vps used for the site.  If you review this witcoin thread, you will learn that as of the controversy at end of October 2011 that erupted relative to noagendamarket's latest plea that he could no longer afford the hosting expenses and the collaboration between noagendamarket and myself, there was a growing conflict that led us apart: noagendamarket established an active affiliation with Cryptoxchange that participated in an attempt to establish control over witcoin, especially relative to my inactivity relative to my decline in health and procrastination.  I, in affiliation with others who were generous enough to offer helping with cost of hosting, eventually accepted amiller's offer, in which other than his friendliness, there wasn't any affiliation similar to that of noagendamarket + Cryptoxchange.  And even my affiliation with Bitcoin Consultancy, which amiller is not involved with, was unrelated to that of witcoin even though genjix effortfully provided reference to it on the bitcoinconsultancy.com website, which I mentioned to him a few times concernedly indicating it seemed strange, but he decided to preserve it, and in essence, it is perhaps that that causes influence that Bitcoin Consultancy is affiliated with witcoin or that witcoin is affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy.  But, that is not accurate.  Still, there is no affiliation or correlation other than that I, as a human, have affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy, but I have not included or incorporated my developments or efforts of witcoin into Bitcoin Consultancy.

Getting back on topic, amiller helped to pay for the linode vps for a few months after noagendamarket expressed his ceasing payments around approximately October 28th.  Since them, amiller has paid linode.com for the vps.  And during that time, still I haven't progressed with the project/website.  After three months of paying, I did proceed in making backups of the data on the vps before mentioning to amiller that he was welcome to stop paying for the vps account, because, it wasn't his responsibility to keep doing so as he was merely offering a friendly gesture to help.  And since still I had been unaccomplishing, it seemed a waste of resources, in which I am appreciative for his helpfulness, but embarrassed and apologetic for the lack of usefulness that I pursued during those months that he helped.  I still have the backups of the site data and the bitcoin wallet and the affiliated bitcoins, all postgresql data, and everything necessary to prepare for a recovery or to handle resolving the issue that is still existing.  And still I would like to resolve this conflict as well as proceed with things, however, it is difficult for me because of my health issue.  And, even as I reference it again, I also recognize the idea of which referring to it seems quite ample of an opportunity to pursue malicious, scandalous, or otherwise devious, evil, or other corrupt efforts and activities, but I assure everyone again that that is not my intention.  However, I do encourage everyone to keep such ideas in consideration and to not allow overlooking it, because it is important to preserve an open and honest comprehension of important matters like this.  And especially, if I do lie, cheat, steal, or otherwise pursue fraudulent activities, I highly encourage taking necessary action to remedy such abuses.  Anyhow, proceeding with next....

I apologise to anyone who might lose coins because of these peoples actions.

I also apologize, especially so much for the length of which still I haven't resolved any issues relative to witcoin and for which I am solely responsible.  However, eventually I will do so.  And especially in the case that this issue becomes one that involves legal system, perhaps that is useful as yet another inspirational or motivational factor to somehow overcome my interruptive health issue and stop being so lazy and procrastinative as well.  Like, right now, I am typing all of this instead of effortfully working on something relative to witcoin to allow users to recover their funds or to restore the site or something similar.  So, ... I must do that and soon.

https://gitorious.org/intersango/witcoin  in case people think Im deluded Smiley

I noticed this a few weeks ago I think when chmod755 pointed it out.  It was quite surprising, because chmod755 pointed out that 'I' released the source code there.   But, I never did push the source code to a public repository.  I later realized that genjix took it upon himself to do that.  And, relative to my 'promise' that I mentioned last year, 2011, to release code before the end of the year, I did that, albeit very poorly, right here.  And even many months before then, I had already set up gitorious.org/witcoin/witcoin on May 12th, 2011.  And still that repository is empty because I haven't yet prepared the code base to be useful for others to use.  It is something I must do, but even as I haven't done it by the end of the year last year, still I did release a 'zip' (ewww) archive of the code as mentioned in the witcoin thread. linked just earlier in this reply.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.0;all

After intsersango hired Miz to go to Poland the site was killed and the code taken after I made a demand that it be worked on and that I wanted to take it in a different more professional direction.

mm, I'm not sure how to accurately elaborate on this in an accurate sense.  I am not sure on the idea of my being 'hired.'  I don't consider that I was hired.  I did participate in an opportunity to participate on open source developments in affiliation with Bitcoin Consultancy in which my travel, shared living expenses and food were paid for, however, even after I returned and especially Donald Norman indicated that he wanted to compensate me for my time, even then I felt as if I had not contributed enough effort to be worthy of any compensation whatsoever.  Even as I was in Warzawa, Poland, I still endured much devastating interruption relative to my health issue and I remember even walking one day with genjix and he was concerned about my lack of productivity or accomplishments.  So, definitely I was not comfortable with accepting any compensation for my time there, in which I barely accomplished anything, well, other than making foods for us, especially phantomcircuit who was especially so very lazy to cook food or even eat, oftentimes forgetting entirely, or too busy or preoccupied to even realize his hunger.  So, I was somewhat useful, but it wasn't enough for me to feel worthy of any compensation.  Especially I was so very amazed and excited that I had an opportunity to travel overseas, my first time outside of united states country, and it was so amazing.  The experience was enough of a compensation for me.

But as I returned, around the beginning of October, and for a month, I then proceeded in returning to my developments of witcoin.  I did not do anythning with witcoin while I was in Warszawa.  I did not want to allow witcoin project to interfere with the developments I was working on in affiliation with Bitcoin Consultancy and especially for it to interrupt or take away my time from such developments affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy.  Besides, I already had enough interruption from my plaguing health issue.  And as I did return, and as the controvery evolved around October 28th, the site had been offline for an extended period since then, but still, until sometime in January, the vps was still running and waiting for me to continue working on it...but I didn't...  =/

noagendamarket did express that he had conflicting ideas on taking witcoin in another direction than what I had in mind, and that was a kind of basis for the controversy that erupted in October 2011.  And especially I was attached to the code that I had written from scratch and wasn't sure how to proceed.  Anyhow, I shalln't elaborate so much about it here as anyone that is interested to understand more from my perspective can read the witcoin thread.

And you don't have a copy of the code, I take it?

For the moment still I am the only one with full copy of all necessary data (code, sql data, bitcoins) and am thus responsible for resurrecting, restoring, transferring or otherwise handling anything affiliated with witcoin, therefore, all eyes shall be on me, and for me to take action.

Intersango is a major exchange and id hate for them to get embroiled in a criminal case.

Statements like these seem kind of defamatory or otherwise abusive.  I am a human existence and the sole person reliable for anything related to witcoin.  I have affiliation with others such as Taste of Thai where I was working a couple years ago in Appleton, my ex-stepfather where I am currently staying in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Bitcoin Consultancy, who I had participated with last year in Warszawa, Spencer Daily, who had interviewed me relative to witcoin and several others.  However, it seems that there is a concerted effort to specifically target Bitcoin Consultancy (or one of the projects affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy, particularly Intersango, but not also libbitcoin, Momento VPS, bitcoin media or any other projects affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy or projects affiliated with anyone that is affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy.  In essence, it seems strange for one, in this case noagendamarket, to establish a kind of affiliation of Intersango, a bitcoin exchange, to witcoin.  There is no direct correlation or affiliation.  That is all I shall say on this, as I'm sure others may understand.

Just to be clear dearia has been offered more than one vps to get the code running again and let people reclaim coins. The response has been "Im too lazy"  There are many bitcoin elders who can confirm my actions and my good faith in trying to chase this up.

This is kind of true.  I do accept the comprehension of my laziness and procrastination, but also I am suffering from a health issues which is driving me crazy to this day and this very moment.

I assumed they had good faith and the best interests of users in their heart but apparently if youre a witcoin user you can be ripped off and left without an explanation. It needs to be fixed and NOW.

Again, this statement seems defamatory as well.  Again, I am the sole person responsible for witcoin and everything related to it.  Bitcoin Consultancy and others affiliated with it, e.g. genjix and phantomcircuit, are not responsible or do not have the access or ability to do anything relative to bitcoin other than help to motivate, inspire, convince or otherwise manipulate me to do something, and this is true for any other human existence in cluding that relative to any legal matters that result relative to my inactivity or progress on doing something.

Oh look its even listed o their site as BELONGING TO THEM.

You may read my feedback on this earlier in this reply in which I mentioned that genjix took it upon his own interest to mention witcoin on the website, but in no way has witcoin been affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy or even genjix or phantomcircuit.  It is something entirely at my own involvement, and also noagendamarket's in which there is controvery/dispute that must be resolved, and, well, it shall be.  I am merely, for now, clearing up some misconceptions or inaccurate statements that are being repeated in this thread.

mizerydearia refused and then removed the code and all the coins from the existing host without prior agreement to do so.  They took over 400 bitcoins and are refusing to return them. Is that difficult to understand?

Again, the code was never removed from the vps.  Everything existed intact and practically untouched (other than for backups) until January 2012 when I suggested amiller needn't pay any longer at his own expense which he was kind and generous enough to offer.  I still have a backup and still I have the ability and full responsibility to restore everything and resolve this issue.  It is entirely my responsibility and all considerations should focus on me and not anyone else.  There is nothing anyone besides me can do.

The coins need to be moved to an address and reported so we know they still exist. All else is piss and wind as far as Im concerned. I dont want anything nor have I demanded anything from Intersango apart from proof they still have the coins.

Again, Intersango is a bitcoin exchange.  Intersango is not a person.  Intersango is a project produced by Bitcoin Consultancy and particularly phantomcircuit as lead developer and also involving genjix and Incitatus.  None of them, nor the bitcoin exchange Intersango are involved or responsible for anything related to witcoin.  It is not their responsibility and even they do not have the ability to do anything.  Actually, the likely thing they could do is to assume responsibility over my existence and to generously offer compensation to others entirely at their own expense, perhaps similar to how MtGox did so with Bitomat when Bitomat lost all their bitcoins.  Again, I still have all the bitcoins and source code and everything necessary to return them, but it is something that I must take action to do, and until I do, it is my sole responsibility and all effort or consideration should be directedly entirely to myself and noone else, e.g. not phantomcircuit, genjix, Incitatus, spenvo, chmod755, or any other human existence.

Just do it already. Or let someone who can. Im sorry you have personal issues but you need to give people access to their accounts immediately or make all possible attempts to let someone do so. I am sick of copping the heat personally for your lack of accountability to your users.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:59:58 AM

mizery,

i'm sorry your health is not up to par.  but you said it yourself; during the time it took you to make this post as well as to host that health thread you could've either sent the coins back to their owners or sent them to NAM to refund the owners.

we can't allow btc users to feel cheated anymore.

hope your health returns soon.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 06:00:58 AM

Ok, miz, you have the coins and the backup, so either you should send the coins out to everyone yourself, or give the backup to CryptoCoinMedia and he can do it.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 06:08:20 AM

Ok, miz, you have the coins and the backup, so either you should send the coins out to everyone yourself, or give the backup to CryptoCoinMedia and he can do it.

I can organise it. Im not touching those coins with a 30 foot barge pole.

RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 06:25:51 AM

Seeing as how you control the domain, when will you have a page online at witcoin.com?  It would be the best place to communicate with past users.  Would you be amiable to putting up a placeholder page with instructions on how to get refunds?
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 06:27:35 AM

Seeing as how you control the domain, when will you have a page online at witcoin.com?  It would be the best place to communicate with past users.  Would you be amiable to putting up a placeholder page with instructions on how to get refunds?

Yep.He gets his code up, disallows deposits, so people can withdraw, then whats not claimed, can go to the bitcoin100.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 06:30:43 AM

There is a vps available he has 30-60 days to do this. Thats the best I can offer.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: