Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Race to launch NY’s first regulated bitcoin exchange - 6/25/2014  (Read 1899 times)
Raystonn (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:57:33 PM

http://nypost.com/2014/06/25/its-david-vs-goliath-in-race-to-launch-nys-first-regulated-bitcoin-exchange/
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:23:56 PM

would give those stubborn critics something to think about  Wink
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:35:45 PM

I think the nypost has proved its lack of credibility in the past  Huh
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:51:01 PM

Yeah...

According to the article the Winklevoss ETF is the world's first ever Bitcoin exchange traded fund and is listed on the Nasdaq. Really?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
bananaControl

Activity: 322

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:06:54 PM

Yeah...

According to the article the Winklevoss ETF is the world's first ever Bitcoin exchange traded fund and is listed on the Nasdaq. Really?

One has to wonder what else in that article is wrong Angry
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:10:40 PM

Is there actually any new information here or are they just summarizing what occured in March-April and what the author hopes for?
bananaControl

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:18:11 PM

Is there actually any new information here or are they just summarizing what occured in March-April and what the author hopes for?

The article is speculating whether Nasdaq will be an actual exchange for bitcoins. But it also states that Nasdaq is already trading the Winklevoss ETF's, so....

Nasdaq, the stock exchange known for its high-tech stocks, and Marc Andreessen, the venture capitalist who co-founded Netscape, could soon be squaring off in a battle to become New York’s first regulated exchange of the digital currency, sources told The Post.
TERA

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:19:57 PM

What is the purpose of articles where 'the author speculates something could occur based on news from 2 months ago"?  I already have the information and I can do my own speculation. I don't need to speculate based on other people's speculations and create a double speculation loop.
bananaControl

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:22:50 PM

I think it's called a tabloid.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:50:40 PM

Well the fact that the article says that the regulations should be out in early July is news to me.

We knew it was slightly delayed from end of June, but if thats true its great news.
TERA

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:51:31 PM

Well the fact that the article says that the regulations should be out in early July is news to me.

We knew it was slightly delayed from end of June, but if thats true its great news.
There is no source for the early July target being 'news' - This is simply based on what Lawsky said in March. Since then, there has been no public information about advancements with the regulations at all.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:56:01 PM

There is no source for the early July target being 'news' - This is simply based on what Lawsky said in March. Since then, there has been no public information about advancements with the regulations at all.

And they should be making public updates why?
TERA

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:57:20 PM

I didn't say that they should.
birr

Activity: 869
Merit: 585

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:00:10 PM

If you won't say it I will.  NY Dept of Financial Svces should issue updates.
Can you pronounce the word "democracy"?
TERA

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:02:17 PM

That's a different topic. My point is that the reporter is representing information as if it is new when it is not new and there is no evidence of it being new.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:27:00 AM

That's a different topic. My point is that the reporter is representing information as if it is new when it is not new and there is no evidence of it being new.

You don't know that there isn't evidence. He sighted 4 sources.
onlyu

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:57:14 AM

This could increase the price 10 folds if they pull it off.
TERA

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:04:29 AM

4 old sources. Nothing new.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:37:58 AM

If you won't say it I will.  NY Dept of Financial Svces should issue updates.

4 old sources. Nothing new.

Really? What were the soures?

And you, the girl who was quoting an article from FEBRUARY about a group that wanted to buy the SR coins for 15% below spot.

FUCK! So do I!
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:00:29 AM

Should Nasdaq officials decide to go forward, they likely will move quickly — exchange officials expect to create a regulated platform for bitcoin buyers and sellers in about a year, one source said.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: