Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:47:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin. following bitcoin's footsteps??  (Read 1455 times)
alnoor1231 (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:52:10 PM

"BEWARE! The asics are coming! The asics are coming!"

Do you all recall? These were the cries of people in the days of old when bitcoin was in its infancy. They said that as asics came online, bitcoin would lose all of its value. However, this obviously wasn't the case. The opposite happened and bitcoin soared. The reason for this, as some may speculate, was that as the asic machines came online and began dominating the mining game, two things happened.

1. Bitcoins became harder to mine and the network gained security.
2. The machines themselves were "New money" poured into the bitcoin ecosystem since the hardware itself cost tons of $$.

So now, the same shit is happening with Litecoin. Asics promising Mh/s in the triple digits are hitting the markets and people cry out "Lo and behold! ASIC APOCALYPSE!", etc.. Now, is history repeating itself? Are we seeing the beginning of a Litecoin revolution? You tell me.

Thoughts? Opinions? Feel free to post below.

-Al

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:23:21 PM

Litecoin is following Dogecoin's footsteps bro...straight to Davy Jones locker..
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:27:05 PM

Litecoin is following Dogecoin's footsteps bro...straight to Davy Jones locker..

Oh dear God

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
El Dude

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:29:50 PM

nah more like dogecoin is dying and Litecoin is doing just fine.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
alnoor1231 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:42:32 PM

Dogecoin was more of a joke than anything.
Litecoin has the second largest market cap with the second largest daily volume trades. It dwarfs any other coin currently out in the market.
No coin even comes close. It's far from dead...
darkota

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:45:25 PM

Litecoin has the second largest market cap with the second largest daily volume trades. It dwarfs any other coin currently out in the market.

Darkcoin surpassed litecoin in price. The only reason Litecoin has a large marketcap is because it has 28million coins. It's only worth $8 and is only getting lower and lower, after dropping more than 80% from $50.

Litecoin has no adoptance, no innovation, and no first mover status(many alt coins were made before litecoin). Litecoin is as good as dead.
alnoor1231 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:58:15 PM

Darkcoin surpassed litecoin in price. The only reason Litecoin has a large marketcap is because it has 28million coins. It's only worth $8 and is only getting lower and lower, after dropping more than 80% from $50.

Litecoin has no adoptance, no innovation, and no first mover status(many alt coins were made before litecoin). Litecoin is as good as dead.

Darkcoin is an insta-mined, over hyped, pump and dump scheme. Sure, the prices are almost the same (with Litecoin leading by a few cents), but how long do you think that will last? Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of Darkcoin, anonymity and such, however, it has wayy too many red flags for investors to be excited about it. For example, the issues the dev team with the masternodes. They hard forked and still couldn't get it right...
So, if Darkcoin is your alternative suggestion, I'm gonna have to stick with Litecoin.
darkota

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:00:12 AM

Darkcoin is an insta-mined, over hyped, pump and dump scheme. Sure, the prices are almost the same (with Litecoin leading by a few cents), but how long do you think that will last? Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of Darkcoin, anonymity and such, however, it has wayy too many red flags for investors to be excited about it. For example, the issues the dev team with the masternodes. They hard forked and still couldn't get it right...
So, if Darkcoin is your alternative suggestion, I'm gonna have to stick with Litecoin.

I agree with insta-mined, over hyped etc.

But to be honest, Darkcoin with it's instamine and etc shows more potential than Litecoin.

Litecoin has had No features added to it since it started running over 2 years ago, it has had hardly any adoptance by small stores and No adoptance by major stores/companies. It also does not have first mover status like Bitcoin as there were many alt coins made before Litecoin..
freenxt.org

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:02:24 AM

They said that as asics came online, bitcoin would lose all of its value. However, this obviously wasn't the case. The opposite happened and bitcoin soared. The reason for this, as some may speculate, was that as the asic machines came

Not to mention that Bitcoin obviously has a problem, with 50% attacking problems and the Ghas pool.
alnoor1231 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:37:35 AM

But to be honest, Darkcoin with it's instamine and etc shows more potential than Litecoin.

Litecoin has had No features added to it since it started running over 2 years ago, it has had hardly any adoptance by small stores and No adoptance by major stores/companies. It also does not have first mover status like Bitcoin as there were many alt coins made before Litecoin..

True, but when you really think about it, what has bitcoin done? Bitcoin hasn't had any major changes or features added to it. Also, to which altcoins are you referring to? Any alts that came before Litecoin are insignificant today. The fact remains that crypto has yet to see major adoption and that Litecoin does have first mover advantages due to its trade volume, second only to bitcoin. This is a big deal IMHO.
darkota

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:41:15 AM

True, but when you really think about it, what has bitcoin done? Bitcoin hasn't had any major changes or features added to it. Also, to which altcoins are you referring to? Any alts that came before Litecoin are insignificant today. The fact remains that crypto has yet to see major adoption and that Litecoin does have first mover advantages due to its trade volume, second only to bitcoin. This is a big deal IMHO.

Bitcoin has a HUGE first mover status. It is the first and most successfull cryptocurrency..because it's the first. It's had a huge head start on marketing, promotion, and adoptance than any other alt coin out there, which is why it's the most succesfull and the undisputed king of cryptos.

Litecoin has no such first mover status, as there were alt coins made before Litecoin. It also lacks innovation and a dedicated dev team which is Needed for a altcoin to be successful. I'm sorry but Litecoin is as good as dead.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:48:37 AM

Bitcoin has a HUGE first mover status. It is the first and most successfull cryptocurrency..because it's the first. It's had a huge head start on marketing, promotion, and adoptance than any other alt coin out there, which is why it's the most succesfull and the undisputed king of cryptos.

Litecoin has no such first mover status, as there were alt coins made before Litecoin. It also lacks innovation and a dedicated dev team which is Needed for a altcoin to be successful. I'm sorry but Litecoin is as good as dead.

Yeap and myspace has a huge lead on facebook  Roll Eyes.

Litecoin kept what was great about bitcoin (not this bs innovation for innovation sake, with no real innovation like the latest waves of alts) and improved on where other alts before it had failed.....whats not too like.

darkota

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:54:20 AM

Yeap and myspace has a huge lead on facebook  Roll Eyes.

Litecoin kept what was great about bitcoin (not this bs innovation for innovation sake, with no real innovation like the latest waves of alts) and improved on where other alts before it had failed.....whats not too like.

I don't know why I even bother responding to this, but Litecoin has not improved on Bitcoin where other alts failed. What has Litecoin improved upon that hundreds of other alt coins haven't? Exactly..the only "improvement" Litecoin had was being ASIC resistant, now that's thrown out the window with the scrypt ASIC's that are out. Litecoin lacks adoptance, innovation, and a dedicated dev team aka it's a dead cryptocurrency...

EDIT: And Please stop comparing cryptocurrencies to Myspace and Facebook, they can't be compared..
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:09:56 AM

Litecoin was never made to be asics resistant, only reason it went scrypt was so at the time it didn't compete with bitcoin miners for hash, at the time you needed to get hash behind your coin for security of the network for your coin to succeed.
Coming of asic for litecoin is a huge positive for litecoin, now there will never be a lack of hash behind it.

lol I think you'll find pretty much the best team in cryptos behind litecoin, and its continued success attracts the best in the field.
alnoor1231 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:14:10 AM

Yeap and myspace has a huge lead on facebook  Roll Eyes.

I don't know why I even bother responding to this, but Litecoin has not improved on Bitcoin where other alts failed. What has Litecoin improved upon that hundreds of other alt coins haven't? Exactly..the only "improvement" Litecoin had was being ASIC resistant, now that's thrown out the window with the scrypt ASIC's that are out. Litecoin lacks adoptance, innovation, and a dedicated dev team aka it's a dead cryptocurrency...

EDIT: And Please stop comparing cryptocurrencies to Myspace and Facebook, they can't be compared..

You still haven't answered my question. To which alts were you referring to? Also, asic resistance doesn't necessarily translate into success, the dev team for Litecoin is stellar, and Litecoin has already been adopted by tons of places.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:22:36 AM

Oh yeah I almost forgot, you're an expert on this lol

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=664480.msg7498762#msg7498762

Thats a classic, preserved for all time as one of the dumbest posts ever on btt...still has me in stitches.
darkota

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:23:46 AM

Thats a classic, preserved for all time as one of the dumbest posts ever on btt...still has me in stitches.

Seriously? Facebook is optional if you want to give out your privacy. Bitcoin is not optional as everything is recorded in the blockchain for all time.
noelmal

Activity: 265

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:30:06 AM

Seriously? Facebook is optional if you want to give out your privacy. Bitcoin is not optional as everything is recorded in the blockchain for all time.

Come on you're just fuckin with us  Huh
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:55:52 AM

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:17:00 AM

Ignore DARKOTA he is a troll who PUMPS and DUMPS - Look at his original thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.100

Then look here:

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/litecoin-is-officially-dead.331214/page-5

Troll on indeed:

http://coinmap.org/
www.uselitecoin.com

This thread is starting to show the true TROLL: I have been PM'ing everyone in this thread, some have even joined the Litecoin Talk forum because of this troll so i actually think its ok his lies - everyone is being PM'd this:

'Litecoin is dead'

Look at the original thread - he has deleted more than 40 posts from people supporting Litecoin, he is a troll who pumps and dumps

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: