Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:10:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Isle of Bitcoin  (Read 1809 times)
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:24:17 PM

I would seriously consider moving there and/or registering by business there if they do this.  UK banks are seriously hindering bitcoin businesses and soon the whole country will be playing catch-up with the new bitconomy
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doubleredrolex

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I Believe

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:19:35 AM

Bitcoin island. Thats where i want to live
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 01:37:19 AM

Would be good. SO far Isle of Man was open so there is SIS Siamese Coin made for them on x11 algo - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651594

vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:15:13 AM

If any small island country like Jersey got serious and did this, they just might be attacked like Iraq one way or another. Watch Iceland over the next 5 or 10 years, and see if they don't get hit somehow for taking down their bankers.

Smiley

jersey stores no oil or gold for a invading army to take.. meaning nothing would be achieved by invading jersey

imagine a brave heart speach

"ya can take our hard drives, but ya'll never brake our encryption"

The Germans invaded Jersey in WWII and made it a base or a little while.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:25:11 AM

If any small island country like Jersey got serious and did this, they just might be attacked like Iraq one way or another. Watch Iceland over the next 5 or 10 years, and see if they don't get hit somehow for taking down their bankers.

Smiley
yes, but it could have been this small island has many missiles they buy with bitcoin, and large countries will also seek to shake and scramble bitcoin when their prices are so low: D
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:20:31 AM

Smiley

jersey stores no oil or gold for a invading army to take.. meaning nothing would be achieved by invading jersey

The Germans invaded Jersey in WWII and made it a base or a little while.

but any other country occupying an island, wont stop bitcoin... thats the brilliance of bitcoin being a digital asset and not a tangible commodity..

meaning its a waste of time even trying

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:24:24 AM

Smiley

There's a difference between being a tax haven island, and a country that harbors a completely new kind of currency, a currency that could possibly destroy the banking system if allowed to continue out of control. It would all depend on if an example were needed to be made.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 10:27:11 AM

But then look at what happened to DPR.

The US get hold of his btc (by whatever means) and have control of it.

So it can happen, and already has. Imagine an entire Island economy completely destroyed by a hack or other activity by a 3rd party (possibly another country)
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:35:20 AM

But then look at what happened to DPR.

The US get hold of his btc (by whatever means) and have control of it.

So it can happen, and already has. Imagine an entire Island economy completely destroyed by a hack or other activity by a 3rd party (possibly another country)

though i hate people turning every idea into some government apocalypse story.
when you see military boats coming to the island, you have a good 20 minutes to move bitcoins.. try doing that with gold or bank notes Cheesy

also governments know that they cant stop bitcoin by raiding a single office or island or country.. bitcoin doesnt work like that. these islands have always been tax havens, which has meant governments lost alot of potential income for decades, so being bitcoin friendly is no difference.

stop with the government war theories. it doesnt help your rep

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 10:54:05 AM

I'm just of the opinion that the strength of btc is its decentralised nature, and to make it an official currency of a particular town city country etc means that it may make that place vunerable to attack.

Thats all.  No conspiracies here or war theories, just my opinion.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:03:58 AM

I'm just of the opinion that the strength of btc is its decentralised nature, and to make it an official currency of a particular town city country etc means that it may make that place vunerable to attack.

Thats all.  No conspiracies here or war theories, just my opinion.

nah no attack.
there is more bitcoin flying around new-hampshire project, but they havnt been attacked
there is more bitcoin flying around new york, but they havnt been attacked

theres a town in europe that has alot of bitcoin merchants. .. but you guessed it, that hasnt been attacked
i can name more bitcoin centric places.. but they havnt been attacked so not worth mentioning.
then there are known bitcoin mining farms, and guess what, no military attacks.

in short the government dont give a crap, they are not showing any attempt to use violence against bitcoin (only drug dealers and launderers)
. so all these fantasies about military action against bitcoin is just that, fantasy.

so can we come back to reality and help project development, by using our brains to get development idea's and not fantasy stories. as Apocalypse fantasies is just wasting synapses for no reason

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: