Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:00:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Monarch, in the Cloud.. (600GHs)  (Read 4505 times)
QuiveringGibbage (OP)

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 11:12:25 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 10:03:45 PM by QuiveringGibbage

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1EnHrZYB8Bi6Pq41wDMmZdCRCshEvhH3cW

"... a courtesy to customers who have been waiting the longest, we will provision these boards in a hosted environment (BFL Cloud Mining facilities), equal to the original processing power you ordered. ..." - BFL Cloud Mining

BFL delivered me a cloud..?!

QG

EDIT: You can find pictures of my real physical miners here: http://imgur.com/a/mRbMZ

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:54:34 PM

That's the great thing about a cloud. Nothing to actually grab hold of, and almost no way to see what's inside, or on the other side. You just take it on faith! Clouds are so comforting and ephemeral..... Smiley
emu512

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:53:22 PM

Someday we may even see whole computers being in cloud,who knows.Its the way of the future surely.
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:36:37 PM

If it's like the Monarch they showed at the conference 2 days ago it's not the one hashing at 600GH/s.  They probably are using somebody else's miner's and allocating 600 or they made a non pcie card based design so they wouldn't have the space confine issues.
emu512

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:01:54 PM

BFL still has issues like before.I wonder if they will ever ship on time with quality hardware.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:08:20 PM

lol deliver a cloud...almost the equivalent of delivering air!  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Chopperman

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:16:38 AM

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1EnHrZYB8Bi6Pq41wDMmZdCRCshEvhH3cW

"... a courtesy to customers who have been waiting the longest, we will provision these boards in a hosted environment (BFL Cloud Mining facilities), equal to the original processing power you ordered. ..." - BFL Cloud Mining

QG

EDIT: You can find pictures of my real physical miners here: http://imgur.com/a/mRbMZ

Question: Did you decide to post about it on this forum from your own idea or did BFL ask you to post about it?? 
Chopperman wonders because BFL asked early 65nm customers to post when their order came, and many did.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:29:51 AM

https://i.imgur.com/7pvnzcXl.png

QG

BTC was at about $100 when you ordered, making your order cost nearly 50 BTC. Now you can earn back .02 BTC per day (and dropping), making your RoI 2500 days assuming no further difficulty increases. Ouch!

Buy & Hold
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:19:01 AM

https://i.imgur.com/7pvnzcXl.png

QG

BTC was at about $100 when you ordered, making your order cost nearly 50 BTC. Now you can earn back .02 BTC per day (and dropping), making your RoI 2500 days assuming no further difficulty increases. Ouch!

Even better.  I ordered a SC Single from them on 6/22/2012 for 209 BTC.  It arrived 53 weeks later in 2013.  I was able to mine a total of 17BTC until I shut them off earlier this month.  A loss of 192BTC.

Never order anything from BFL... not even a coffee mug.
QuiveringGibbage (OP)

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 07:52:19 AM

I guess i should post the rest of the email before people draw too many conclusions..
Code:
Dear Jason,

Thanks for being a Butterfly Labs customer. Your patience and loyalty are
greatly appreciated.

While we wait for the 1TH revision of the PCB to make it through manufacturing,
we have a supply of boards that do not meet the desired specs and thus are not
suitable to be shipped directly to customers. However, with this limited
quantity of boards, we can deliver processing power remotely to some customers.

Although we are under no legal obligation to do so, as a courtesy to customers
who have been waiting the longest, we will provision these boards in a hosted
environment (BFL Cloud Mining facilities), equal to the original processing
power you ordered. Cloud Mining will be deployed in queue order and since you
are receiving this email, you are eligible at no cost to you (we pick up the tab
for hosting and electricity). Once the new 1TH boards arrive and assembly and
delivery has begun, we will ship your full original order plus previously
announced upgrade, and free Cloud Mining will be terminated.

If you are interested in receiving Cloud Mining while we wait for board
revisions, click the link below to activate your free temporary Cloud Mining
account.

Activate Cloud Mining
<link removed>

BFL Cloud Mining

Question: Did you decide to post about it on this forum from your own idea or did BFL ask you to post about it?? 
Chopperman wonders because BFL asked early 65nm customers to post when their order came, and many did.
my own idea.

QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:05:32 AM

I love the part where they say they're under no legal obligation.

They should be refunding the people who want a refund since they haven't shipped.  FTC has laws that clearly spell this out, but in BFL's world laws are made to be broken.

Why would anybody want 600GH/s from them now for $4500.  You can buy 3 S1s for $500 that do the same thing.
data55

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:33:07 PM

Even better.  I ordered a SC Single from them on 6/22/2012 for 209 BTC.  It arrived 53 weeks later in 2013.  I was able to mine a total of 17BTC until I shut them off earlier this month.  A loss of 192BTC.

Never order anything from BFL... not even a coffee mug.

Ouch that hurt me just reading it! Sorry for your loss man. Cry Cry

I'm addicted to hashpower and horsepower.
*Reinstated from hack - Dec. 2020*
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:10:13 AM

Isn't it possible that they are "delivering a cloud" for mining bitcoins when in fact all they are doing is simulating it and then doing payouts without actual hardware?

If they had the hardware, why not just ship it? I get the delays but I can see how people would be willing to accept that shipping delay for having the unit in-hand.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:39:24 AM

Isn't it possible that they are "delivering a cloud" for mining bitcoins when in fact all they are doing is simulating it and then doing payouts without actual hardware?

If they had the hardware, why not just ship it? I get the delays but I can see how people would be willing to accept that shipping delay for having the unit in-hand.

Huh

He's mining on Eligius with cloudhashing provided by BFL. I'm mining with my BFL cloudhashing compensation on BTCGuild. Please explain how BFL can "simulate" non-affiliated pools accepting shares from mining equipment that doesn't really exist? Obviously BFL has access to real mining hardware or it wouldn't be possible.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:00:26 AM

They should be refunding the people who want a refund since they haven't shipped.  FTC has laws that clearly spell this out, but in BFL's world laws are made to be broken.

Why would anybody want 600GH/s from them now for $4500.  You can buy 3 S1s for $500 that do the same thing.
There have been several articles/reports that BFL would use their customer's miners to mine at their pool for their own account. It is almost like they were secretly charging their customers higher prices in the form of delayed shipments.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:45:45 AM

There have been several articles/reports that BFL would use their customer's miners to mine at their pool for their own account. It is almost like they were secretly charging their customers higher prices in the form of delayed shipments.

That's last year's news (which sadly is repeated this year).

I think the issue smoothie brought up is why cloud mine 600GH/s for a customer when they could ship the device.  The reason being that they don't have a device doing 600, or if they do it's not a Monarch (might even be a KNC Jup they bought second hand).  They could have some Neptunes and have a program to split the hashes between different accounts, allocating 600GH/s worth of WU to each account - which is most likely what is happening.

They probably did this to commit the customer to the purchase rather than acknowledging that they should refund the pre-order.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 06:53:36 AM

The existing hardware still isn't even performing at this rate so I suspect it's a mock up of the total hashrate, so I guess you should be happy.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:52:37 AM

Huh

He's mining on Eligius with cloudhashing provided by BFL. I'm mining with my BFL cloudhashing compensation on BTCGuild. Please explain how BFL can "simulate" non-affiliated pools accepting shares from mining equipment that doesn't really exist? Obviously BFL has access to real mining hardware or it wouldn't be possible.

Tell me how it makes sense if they have the hardware to mine bitcoins for their customers in the cloud that they couldn't just ship the hardware to their customers?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:20:55 AM

Huh

Tell me how it makes sense if they have the hardware to mine bitcoins for their customers in the cloud that they couldn't just ship the hardware to their customers?

Apparently BFL is mining with substandard monarchs that don't meet the advertised specs.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:03:57 AM

That's last year's news (which sadly is repeated this year).

I think the issue smoothie brought up is why cloud mine 600GH/s for a customer when they could ship the device.  The reason being that they don't have a device doing 600, or if they do it's not a Monarch (might even be a KNC Jup they bought second hand).  They could have some Neptunes and have a program to split the hashes between different accounts, allocating 600GH/s worth of WU to each account - which is most likely what is happening.

They probably did this to commit the customer to the purchase rather than acknowledging that they should refund the pre-order.
I don't think it is the fact that they don't have a 600 GHs device, it is that the device is not as efficient in terms of electric usage as what they advertised. The delays have essentially made it so the machines might have ROI to they will def not every come anywhere near to ROI
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: