Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:56:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is time a circle?  (Read 1303 times)
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:44:56 AM

Everyone holds either one of 2 ideas about death - nothing happens, or you go to an afterlife. But the the idea that makes the most sense to me, is that you are reborn instantly and re-live the same life an infinite number of times. If the universe is infinite, so is everything else in it. The big bang eventually collapses again, and the chain of patterns repeat. We've been here forever, and always will be.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:51:10 AM

Well, that explains  deja vue, but you cannot re-live the same life over and over again, unless when you die you are instantly reborn at the exact time and date of your initial birth.

How does that theory account for population changes, human advances, and recorded environmental changes, ie. history. If everything stays the same, there is no change. If there is no change, then I should have had the internet, HDTV, and a cell phone at my birth. Since I did not, it must be subject to change. If it is subject to change, then you cannot repeat a prior life for infinity.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mordor

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:55:06 AM

maybe if you are a ghost. Ghosts are the ones condemned to circle through the same things over and over alll the life.

Hope some of us scape to the ghost fade
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:05:26 PM

Well, that explains  deja vue, but you cannot re-live the same life over and over again, unless when you die you are instantly reborn at the exact time and date of your initial birth.

How does that theory account for population changes, human advances, and recorded environmental changes, ie. history. If everything stays the same, there is no change. If there is no change, then I should have had the internet, HDTV, and a cell phone at my birth. Since I did not, it must be subject to change. If it is subject to change, then you cannot repeat a prior life for infinity.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
The big bang explodes, eventually creates us, then eventually gets pulled back into a giant black hole. The process repeats itself and infinite number of times.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
onlinepro

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:10:33 PM

But but, we go to heaven after we die!  Embarrassed
Seriously I don't think there is anything after we die, what is the big deal anyway?
We will see it then.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:12:15 PM

maybe if you are a ghost. Ghosts are the ones condemned to circle through the same things over and over alll the life.

Hope some of us scape to the ghost fade
Not all the souls are condemned to become a ghost,only the ones that didn't accomplish their mission here on the earth,and they can't pass to the next level. You can find more here:
http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/ghosts/what-are-ghosts

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:26:50 PM

The big bang explodes, eventually creates us, then eventually gets pulled back into a giant black hole. The process repeats itself and infinite number of times.
Maybe I did, but if it did so, why would our individual molecules not get mixed with others in this process and prevent an afterlife? I'm all for an afterlife, but I think it involves something much greater than just the big bang theory.

When you start dealing with things like infinity and our knowledge of our known universe, you must also consider that infinity applies in both directions, and our known universe may be nothing more than a small molecular structure in a much greater universe, which might be a small molecular structure in a much greater universe, ad nauseam ...

Time may be a much greater determinate factor, but if infinity exist, what is time? We view time as measured against our planets rotation around our nearest star. We measure not only our own, but other organisms life span based upon how many star rotations they complete before they die.

We have a long road to travel ...

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:32:34 PM

What if planets are nothing more than collections of separate groups of consciousnesses. When you "die" you simply go back to the collective until you are reborn in your next life on another planet in the universe. Earth is just one of an infinite number of waystops.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:41:11 PM

The big bang explodes assplodes, eventually creates us, then eventually gets pulled back into a giant black hole. The process repeats itself and infinite number of times.

i am here.
fdiini

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:53:01 PM

Futurama actually have an episode on this process keep repeating itself. All events keep repeating like the previous one.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:01:47 PM

This seems very logical to me.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:12:37 PM

We are biased about the nature of the universe and of time, because our brain evolved to be able to efficiently sustain an organism with a limited life-span.

Just like we see only a truly small portion of what the universe is (our eyes only see a small percentage of light's spectrum), it seems likely that we also comprehend time in a very limited way and we haven't the tools to get a better understanding of it.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 04:23:33 PM

U smokin dope n postin on da forums again??
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:27:42 PM

Everyone holds either one of 2 ideas about death - nothing happens, or you go to an afterlife. But the the idea that makes the most sense to me, is that you are reborn instantly and re-live the same life an infinite number of times. If the universe is infinite, so is everything else in it. The big bang eventually collapses again, and the chain of patterns repeat. We've been here forever, and always will be.

How is that the idea that makes the most sense to you?  The one that seems most likely is we die and then we're just dead.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:28:28 PM

What's wrong with that?
OP's post is considerably more interesting than most of the off-topic section Tongue
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:01:01 PM

I'm actually reading a biography of Philip K Dick right now and he had an interesting take on time. He called it orthogonal time. There are two times, our normal flowing time and that time, where all moments exist at once and there is no past present or future.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:01:53 PM

I am not smoking nothing,is it that bad to have a question of what happens after you die?You did ask yourself or others what happens to you after you give your last breath?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:04:23 PM

I'm actually reading a biography of Philip K Dick right now and he had an interesting take on time. He called it orthogonal time. There are two times, our normal flowing time and that time, where all moments exist at once and there is no past present or future.

That's like imaginary time, it's at a 90 degree to real time.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
KIRAZ

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:05:09 PM

I am not smoking nothing,is it that bad to have a question of what happens after you die?You did ask yourself or others what happens to you after you give your last breath?

Nothing happens actually simple as that. Smiley
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:06:10 PM

How is that the idea that makes the most sense to you?  The one that seems most likely is we die and then we're just dead.
Maybe we die and we vanish,but i still think that has to be an "afterlife",and in my view that in that afterlife is that we reborn,we born, we live, we die and reborn again........

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: