Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:27:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICLOAK ™ Stik - Easy, Powerful, Online Privacy for YOU - Kickstarter  (Read 1576 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:57:56 PM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/icloak/icloak-tm-stik-easy-powerful-online-privacy-for-yo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:06:28 PM

I like to have this one. looks cool. This is opensource?

I have something like this before, I'm using puppy linux with tor installed on dvd and usb. You use this installers here http://www.pendrivelinux.com/tag/bootable-usb. Besides security you can also use this to recovers data on corrupted and damage harddrives.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:31:49 PM

I like to have this one. looks cool. This is opensource?

I have something like this before, I'm using puppy linux with tor installed on dvd and usb. You use this installers here http://www.pendrivelinux.com/tag/bootable-usb. Besides security you can also use this to recovers data on corrupted and damage harddrives.

Yes. Puppylinux is pretty cool, especially for my old 2003/2005 pc laptop. The only thing I am not sure about this is the hardware part of the deal. I can burn a CD with puppylinux on, knowing there was nothing on it before burning that cd image. But in this case we assume a usb drive has no hardware backdoor from the factory. Yes it is very slim to imagine a hardware backdoor exists on all usb drives. Far fetch to say the least, but unless that project is open for full audit how can we be sure?

Cool concept though.

icloak

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:53:44 PM

Hi there! I'm with ICLOAK.

I just saw your questions over google alerts and want to answer them for you. I promise no spam just answering your questions.

So, ICLOAK is built on the shoulders of other open source projects, and as such we intend to make available whatever changes and modifications we do to the underlying OS in the future once things settle down with our kickstarter campaign and the ICLOAK USB drives go out for sale.

Now, ICLOAK is really meant for the non techie crowd. We are putting a lot of work into making it accessible to people unfamiliar with online privacy/security in general. We believe there is a huge gap of information available in a language non techies can understand and grasp. The goal of ICLOAK in the end is not only the anonymous browsing but also the tools included in ICLOAK to make the online anonymity experience less frightening or alien to someone like my mom or little brother. Now this doesn't mean you couldn't build your own ICLOAK, in fact we are working on a "How To" page in our wiki underling the software and tools we use to put something like this together. But we believe people's time is precious and building ICLOAK is time consuming with all sorts of things to keep in mind security wise, which is what ICLOAK solves for the non techie.

About backdoors, one of the goals of the Kickstarter campaign is to fund an independed audit of ICLOAK and the customized TOR Bundle which the TOR Foundation would be helping us audit.
One of the things we'll make available to you to make sure you ICLOAK usb hasn't been tampered with after it leaves our offices is a HASH of the content of the USB drive. which you can use to check your ICLOAK Stik has not been altered since it left our hands.

Hope that clears some your concerns.
Let us know if you have any more questions.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:53:37 PM

Hi there! I'm with ICLOAK.

I just saw your questions over google alerts and want to answer them for you. I promise no spam just answering your questions.

So, ICLOAK is built on the shoulders of other open source projects, and as such we intend to make available whatever changes and modifications we do to the underlying OS in the future once things settle down with our kickstarter campaign and the ICLOAK USB drives go out for sale.

Now, ICLOAK is really meant for the non techie crowd. We are putting a lot of work into making it accessible to people unfamiliar with online privacy/security in general. We believe there is a huge gap of information available in a language non techies can understand and grasp. The goal of ICLOAK in the end is not only the anonymous browsing but also the tools included in ICLOAK to make the online anonymity experience less frightening or alien to someone like my mom or little brother. Now this doesn't mean you couldn't build your own ICLOAK, in fact we are working on a "How To" page in our wiki underling the software and tools we use to put something like this together. But we believe people's time is precious and building ICLOAK is time consuming with all sorts of things to keep in mind security wise, which is what ICLOAK solves for the non techie.

About backdoors, one of the goals of the Kickstarter campaign is to fund an independed audit of ICLOAK and the customized TOR Bundle which the TOR Foundation would be helping us audit.
One of the things we'll make available to you to make sure you ICLOAK usb hasn't been tampered with after it leaves our offices is a HASH of the content of the USB drive. which you can use to check your ICLOAK Stik has not been altered since it left our hands.

Hope that clears some your concerns.
Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you for your feedback. I believe you pretty much answered my question regarding the audit part of things. Your product will be welcome among many here bitcointalk and bitcoin users, so don't forget to address your tool directly to them.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:31:10 PM

This seems like it could be pretty good for the average person. I wonder how much demand there actually is from regular people to protect their privacy...

All in all it's a good idea and I hope it works out.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:41:30 PM

This is good for the other features it has, except it would be nice to have an option to turn off Tor or I2P, since both are likely to be honeypots.

The only sure way to obfuscate your IP address is to use an IP address that isn't registered to you.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:28:41 PM

This is good for the other features it has, except it would be nice to have an option to turn off Tor or I2P, since both are likely to be honeypots.

The only sure way to obfuscate your IP address is to use an IP address that isn't registered to you.

Do you happen to know anything about triangulation of someones location when connecting through a mobile internet connection? If you had an anonymous sim in a phone or dongle with a data plan, if a company wanted to track you via your ip -> mobile provider -> signal location, is this feasible or even acceptable at all for anonymity?
elliwilli

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 03:59:06 PM

Sounds like a slightly more consumer orientated version of Tails or Whonix.
Still, quite cool nonetheless but if i need to be anonymous ill stick to Whonix.

Port50

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:20:22 AM

Hi, I would like some info when you are sending out the I cloak stick ? My email is hillr09@live.com. Thanks, Robert Hill.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:36:42 AM

Sounds like a slightly more consumer orientated version of Tails or Whonix.
Still, quite cool nonetheless but if i need to be anonymous ill stick to Whonix.

This. Just get a USB stick and install free and open source software for yourself.

Tails - https://tails.boum.org/ - free and open source software.

If you buy a commercial product - you are not anonymous from the get-go.

" ICLOAK ™ " should probably read this: https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq.html.en

I don't see this listed as a project on the Tor website yet ? or even something to the effect of ...

"Tor" and the "Onion Logo" are registered trademarks of The Tor Project, Inc.

Anyway, here is a guide I'm working on to empower all Tor users and to demonstrate how Tor can be really fast:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=331077.0

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:44:26 AM

Do you realize how much the Tor project developers care about genuine privacy and anonymity on the internet ?

Jacob Appelbaum 29C3 Keynote: Not My Department - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNsePZj_Yks

The Tor Network [30c3] (with Jacob Applebaum) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJNxbpbHA-I

Jacob Applebaum: To Protect And Infect, Part 2 [30c3]  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vILAlhwUgIU

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: