Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:24:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phinnaeus Gage aka ~Bruno Kucinskas - DEBT PAID 7/19/2014  (Read 10436 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 10:53:05 PM

Just got off the phone with him and this will all be taken care of in the next day or so.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:57:02 PM

However, to be honest this makes him sound like a scammer, though perhaps he is now reconsidering walking away with the money.
Unless there is a very good excuse (hospitalization, for example), it is sad to see a reputable member pull the take-the-money-and-disappear routine.
Hard to imagine someone fleeing his home and risk being chased by the police for 2800 dollars.   Unless more instances turn up, I don't think it is reasonable to call him a scammer.

BTW, he once told us that his business is to buy old barn wood and sell it to decorators and other people who wnat a 'rustic' look.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:11:25 PM

However, to be honest this makes him sound like a scammer, though perhaps he is now reconsidering walking away with the money.
Unless there is a very good excuse (hospitalization, for example), it is sad to see a reputable member pull the take-the-money-and-disappear routine.
Hard to imagine someone fleeing his home and risk being chased by the police for 2800 dollars.

I don't know about fleeing his home, but he clearly did cut off contact from the guy to whom he owed the money (and did indeed risk being chased by the police because supposedly a complaint was filed with the police), until contacted by another third party and apparently convinced to pay the money.

So whether it is hard to imagine or not, it happened (if OP is to be believed).

But as I said I don't rule out other possibilities such as being in the hospital or something along those lines.

ccollectables (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:08:26 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 05:41:47 PM by ccollectables

You have my money and I would like it back,  you received the check for the insurance claim on Monday 6/16/2014 in the afternoon and have now stopped answering the phone and seemingly disappeared from this forum at the same time.  I have been very patient but considering this has been going on for 2 and a half months now my patience are wearing thin.  Please return either my BTC that was originally sent to you or the money from the insurance payment immediately or I will be forced to take legal proceedings to recover these funds.

BurtW has been in contact with Phinnaues Gage (Bruno Kucinskas) and has brokered a deal where BurtW will pay me 4.53821656 BTC ($2850 @ $628 per BTC) to the address 1Lo3F2oD8hoh5Bs8tHPmfkZnWuZtW2Jrvz which I control.  Once 4.53821656 BTC has been received at address 1Lo3F2oD8hoh5Bs8tHPmfkZnWuZtW2Jrvz I will consider the debt from Bruno Kucinskas (PG) to be paid in full to me.    

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:23:07 PM

My partner spoke with PG in person at the Chicago BTC Conference, hes still alive folks
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 05:53:55 PM

You have my money and I would like it back,  you received the check for the insurance claim on Monday 6/16/2014 in the afternoon and have now stopped answering the phone and seemingly disappeared from this forum at the same time.  I have been very patient but considering this has been going on for 2 and a half months now my patience are wearing thin.  Please return either my BTC that was originally sent to you or the money from the insurance payment immediately or I will be forced to take legal proceedings to recover these funds.

BurtW has been in contact with Phinnaues Gage (Bruno Kucinskas) and has brokered a deal where BurtW will pay me 4.53821656 BTC ($2850 @ $628 per BTC) to the address 1Lo3F2oD8hoh5Bs8tHPmfkZnWuZtW2Jrvz which I control.  Once 4.53821656 BTC has been received at address 1Lo3F2oD8hoh5Bs8tHPmfkZnWuZtW2Jrvz I will consider the debt from Bruno Kucinskas (PG) to be paid in full to me.    
Done:

https://blockchain.info/tx/85ccd860bb65b9c0283b96afecd15d887a0c5d23272e95d50b592042ba1ce1c1

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:54:52 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 06:11:57 PM by hdbuck

My partner spoke with PG in person at the Chicago BTC Conference, hes still alive folks

so whats cracking with him no longer hanging around in here? moving on? loading up on some more badass stories? Grin
ccollectables (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:04:01 PM

Done:

https://blockchain.info/tx/85ccd860bb65b9c0283b96afecd15d887a0c5d23272e95d50b592042ba1ce1c1

Thank you BurtW.  I have received the payment,  this debt is now paid in full to me.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:56:23 PM

So, he is well... Why isn't he the one who is paying back OP and offer some sort of reason why he has disappeared? That will help to clear his name. He has a reputation to uphold here.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:53:37 PM

Thank you BurtW.  I have received the payment,  this debt is now paid in full to me.

Where is the mining equipment?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
ccollectables (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:56:35 PM

Where is the mining equipment?

I have always had the miner but it is badly damaged and does not work.

ccollectables (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:08:28 AM

It appears that PG has sent me an additional 0.20783344 BTC to the address listed above with the note "ROI on $2,800, with apologies.".  This was not necessary as it was not part of the agreement made with BurtW for repayment of this debt but it is appreciated for the hassle of everything. 

For what it is worth I found PG to be a very genuine and likable guy when he was speaking to me,  I do not know what happened to cause this particular situation but I have no hard feeling and really hope that everything is OK with PG.

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:43:20 PM

Seems like without BurtW ringing things might not of ended so positively. I'm sure everyone is like he's just busy blah blah blah.. but the fact is he owed someone money and that should of been his priority. We don't need a huge review of where he was, what he was doing.. but yeah he should at least apologize to OP privately.

This does seem to be the first questionable thing he's done that I can remember since I have been here.. so everyone makes mistakes.. Move along, nothing to see here I guess :p

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 12:49:36 PM

He did apologize by sending the extra BTC.  Knowing his vast posting history I expect he will eventually post on the subject.  I do not justify his ignoring the debt in the past but this weekend he is very busy at the Bitcoin conference.  We shall see.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:34:05 PM

He did apologize by sending the extra BTC.  Knowing his vast posting history I expect he will eventually post on the subject.  I do not justify his ignoring the debt in the past but this weekend he is very busy at the Bitcoin conference.  We shall see.

I can confirm that Bruno is attending the Chicago conference (I haven't seen him yet today but spent time with him yesterday). He admitted to me that the fault was all his and he is very embarrassed by it all. I also am sure he will eventually return to the forum in his usual capacity and I glad BurtW was able to help bring this situation to a satisfactory end. The details are none of my business, no matter how entertaining they might be.

Still around.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 07:06:26 PM

Tell you what, I am so certain that PG is not a scammer that I will personally back him on this.

If this does not shake out in a couple more weeks (exact time TBD) I will pay the amount in BTC or cash directly to you and get the money back from him when he comes around.

I know it has already been worked out, but I just wanted to say this is a very bold statement right here. It shows a lot of trust in the guy. After you confirm he is still ok, then it would make a bit more sense to offer this, however you took all liabilities and wasn't even sure if he was dead on the streets or not.

Glad everything worked out in the end, and I'm also curious to know the story behind this disappearance.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:10:12 PM

I can confirm that Bruno is attending the Chicago conference (I haven't seen him yet today but spent time with him yesterday). He admitted to me that the fault was all his and he is very embarrassed by it all. I also am sure he will eventually return to the forum in his usual capacity and I glad BurtW was able to help bring this situation to a satisfactory end. The details are none of my business, no matter how entertaining they might be.

Rumor has it that he didn't attend the conference today because he's slightly under the weather due to something he ate (most likely, given the symptoms). Rumor also has it that he had lunch yesterday with edd and Rassah, leaving early to go home, but stopping at a polish deli to stock up on sausages, et al. perhaps upon eating such added to his/my discomfort.

Pretending  Wink for a moment that this account is indeed owned by Bruno (don't tell theymos  Roll Eyes), he wishes to formally apologize to ccollectables for the misfortune, sans going into any details as to why such occurred. ccollectables can also keep the miner hoping that he's able to salvage any value from it, adding to the ~$132 sent to him. Ironically, he's now probably the only person who has successfully ROIed off purchasing an AMT miner.

Peace.

PS:

I'm also curious to know the story behind this disappearance.

Embarrassment!
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 07:55:05 PM

Hey bruno, why did you have to make a new account? Are you on temp ban or something? You've been posting from that account for almost a month too.

So, sausages was the reason for missing the conference. Dam them hotdogs.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:07:47 PM

It is good to see PG is alright and that this debt was taken care of.

Was there any reasoning for his absence?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:43:45 PM

I'm also curious to know the story behind this disappearance.

Embarrassment!

Meaning what? The story as told is that an insurance claim was filed and paid out, but the money was kept instead of being handed over to the buyer. Is that what happened and if so why?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: