Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:12:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My coin in need of help  (Read 1859 times)
DJFML (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:13:34 AM

My coin called Flightcoin is being made for a gaming networks, for some strange reason it is making blocks but no coins are being generated. I have a pool I have created (with MPOS[thanks you theserapher for your awesome work]) mining all the blocks but no coins are being added at all, I don't I have forked it from the smallchange github but that didn't seem to work so well for the coins it self, you guys can review the code here at github https://github.com/flightcoin/flightcoin if anyone is interested in helping out which I would greatly appreciate, this coin is completely private and in no intentions in making any exchanges a long any road, it will be kept private at the gaming networks.

If anyone can help with my situation here, I will think of something to do for you. I don't have money or Bitcoins or any other type of currency to help you but with computer work, but I am sure the majority can do that, please respond here or PM me.

Thank you sooo much in advance for helping me and the gaming networks I support.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blue_w1nter

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:59:23 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 07:11:16 AM by blue_w1nter

My coin called Flightcoin is being made for a gaming networks, for some strange reason it is making blocks but no coins are being generated. I have a pool I have created (with MPOS[thanks you theserapher for your awesome work]) mining all the blocks but no coins are being added at all, I don't I have forked it from the smallchange github but that didn't seem to work so well for the coins it self, you guys can review the code here at github https://github.com/flightcoin/flightcoin if anyone is interested in helping out which I would greatly appreciate, this coin is completely private and in no intentions in making any exchanges a long any road, it will be kept private at the gaming networks.

If anyone can help with my situation here, I will think of something to do for you. I don't have money or Bitcoins or any other type of currency to help you but with computer work, but I am sure the majority can do that, please respond here or PM me.

Thank you sooo much in advance for helping me and the gaming networks I support.

The problem is in main.cpp

Code:
if(nHeight < 17280) // no block reward within the first 3 days
        nSubsidy = 0;

Any block under block 17280 will reward no coins.  Grin
DJFML (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:12:02 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 05:38:13 PM by DJFML

Code:
        nSubsidy = 0;

Any block under block 17280 will reward no coins.  Grin

What if I put one block? Cause I did get to that part, I should be able to get blocks and coins unconfirmed, right? Thanks I'll edit that part of and update you if it works Cheesy
DJFML (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:12:40 PM

I'm also having a problem building irc.o on Windows when I build pretty much 99% but 2 files didn't compile.

Code:
 C:\deps\boost/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:52:99: warning: dereferencing
type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
C:\deps\boost/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:53:52: warning: dereferencing
             return *reinterpret_cast<T const*>(&res);
                                                    ^
In file included from C:\deps\boost/boost/system/system_error.hpp:14:0,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/thread/exceptions.hpp:22,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/thread/win32/thread_primitives.hpp:16,

from C:\deps\boost/boost/thread/win32/thread_data.hpp:11,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/thread/thread.hpp:15,
                 from C:\deps\boost/boost/thread.hpp:13,
                 from src\util.h:22,
                 from src\addrman.h:9,
                 from src\net.h:21,
                 from src\irc.cpp:8:
C:\deps\boost/boost/system/error_code.hpp: At global scope:
C:\deps\boost/boost/system/error_code.hpp:214:36: warning: 'boost::system::posix
_category' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
     static const error_category &  posix_category = generic_category();
                                    ^
C:\deps\boost/boost/system/error_code.hpp:215:36: warning: 'boost::system::errno
_ecat' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
     static const error_category &  errno_ecat     = generic_category();
                                    ^
C:\deps\boost/boost/system/error_code.hpp:216:36: warning: 'boost::system::nativ
e_ecat' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
cryptozim

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:51:12 PM

It sounds like you shouldn't be making yet another crappy coin...

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
nuggetbram

Activity: 326

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:21:23 AM

He's already specified it's not to be released, so why do you or anyone else care about its qualities?

Creating an altcoin is a great way to learn some coding skills and linux commands if you've never used them before. Cut him a bit of slack for trying something interesting!

To the OP, it looks like your boost libraries were not configured perfectly. If you aren't already, try this guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0

Follow it TO THE LETTER and you'll have it compiling in no time (although some of the libraries take hours to compile Wink )
DJFML (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:06:39 AM

He's already specified it's not to be released, so why do you or anyone else care about its qualities?

Creating an altcoin is a great way to learn some coding skills and linux commands if you've never used them before. Cut him a bit of slack for trying something interesting!

To the OP, it looks like your boost libraries were not configured perfectly. If you aren't already, try this guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0

Follow it TO THE LETTER and you'll have it compiling in no time (although some of the libraries take hours to compile Wink )

You're right, I'm not releasing it to the public, I'm releasing it to a gaming networks as an alternative to get stuff for free in game.

Thanks loads!! I'll rebuild my boost libraries as soon as I get home tonight. Cheesy
nuggetbram

Activity: 326

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:22:00 AM

You're right, I'm not releasing it to the public, I'm releasing it to a gaming networks as an alternative to get stuff for free in game.

Thanks loads!! I'll rebuild my boost libraries as soon as I get home tonight. Cheesy

I struggled for months on the windows section of the code, and if you can get that working you've already done a lot better than some coin devs
DJFML (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:50:38 AM

I struggled for months on the windows section of the code, and if you can get that working you've already done a lot better than some coin devs

lol about that, I have been working on the windows side of things for about a month already Q.Q I have been struggling as well, and I actually got 99.something % done and a new error just pops up at the very last part that something ld.exe is missing and I got this

Code:
c:\Qt\4.8.4\bin\rcc.exe -name bitcoin src\qt\bitcoin.qrc -o release\qrc_bitcoin.
cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -
Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE
_SUPPORT -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_IPV6 -D
USE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DWIN32 -D_MT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CO
RE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SS
E2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"C:\Qt\4.8.4\include\QtCore" -I"C:\Qt\
4.8.4\include\QtGui" -I"C:\Qt\4.8.4\include" -I"src" -I"src\json" -I"src\qt" -I"
C:\deps\boost" -I"C:\deps\db\build_windows" -I"C:\deps\ssl\include" -I"C:\Qt\4.8
.4\include\ActiveQt" -I"build" -I"build" -I"C:\Qt\4.8.4\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o bu
ild\qrc_bitcoin.o release\qrc_bitcoin.cpp
g++ -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o release\flightcoin-qt.exe object_
script.flightcoin-qt.Release  -L"c:\Qt\4.8.4\lib" -lmingwthrd -lmingw32 -lqtmain
 build\bitcoin-qt_res.o -lshlwapi -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lws2_32 -lole32 -lole
aut32 -luuid -lgdi32 -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt
-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_5
3 -lminiupnpc -liphlpapi -lws2_32 -lshlwapi -lmswsock -LC:/deps/boost/stage/lib
-LC:/deps/db/build_windows -LC:/deps/ssl -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lole32 -luuid
-lgdi32 -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lbo
ost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lQtGui4 -l
QtCore4
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot fin
d -ldb_cxx
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot fin
d -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
d -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
d -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
d -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
d -lminiupnpc
d -ldb_cxx
d -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
d -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
d -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
d -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
makefile.release:253: recipe for target 'release\flightcoin-qt.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [release\flightcoin-qt.exe] Error 1

I seem to have gotten super close but its just that its missing, I can't find it either so I am actually going to find it somewhere where Google leads me.lol for helping me I will help you out which I did go thru trial and error with about 2 files that needed to be switched.
DJFML (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:05:13 AM

Actually the files are there, just aren't sure what is going on at this point. D:
azrin619

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:10:51 PM

I'm an old bird but if u wanna rebuild and compile... try using either borland c++ or the compiler in linux...
blue_w1nter

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:04:18 PM

Code:
        nSubsidy = 0;

What if I put one block? Cause I did get to that part, I should be able to get blocks and coins unconfirmed, right? Thanks I'll edit that part of and update you if it works Cheesy

Hello!

Just remove this part of the code:

Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 10000 * COIN; // 10 000 Coins each block

nSubsidy = 0;
    if(nHeight > 10519200) // no block reward after 5 years
        nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

and then add this in the place of it

Code:
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 10000 * COIN; // You can change the 10,000 coins to however many coins you want rewarded each block

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

For building the Flightcoin. I can build it for you on Linux and Windows if you send me the updated code (if you haven't changed it then I will just build the one from Github).
DJFML (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:46:22 PM

I'm an old bird but if u wanna rebuild and compile... try using either borland c++ or the compiler in linux...

I haven't heard of borland c++ the compiler in linux I have tried it, but it doesn't want to compile, but I will only need a windows version since everyone in the gaming networks will be using windows.

Code:
        nSubsidy = 0;

Hello!

Just remove this part of the code:

Code:
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 10000 * COIN; // 10 000 Coins each block

nSubsidy = 0;
    if(nHeight > 10519200) // no block reward after 5 years
        nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

and then add this in the place of it

Code:
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 10000 * COIN; // You can change the 10,000 coins to however many coins you want rewarded each block

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

For building the Flightcoin. I can build it for you on Linux and Windows if you send me the updated code (if you haven't changed it then I will just build the one from Github).

I was able to change it to 1 block lol xP I didn't change it completely, I had updated the code to that on github just now, and is it possible to teach me on windows or whichever platform you build it on?
Blazr2

Activity: 218
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:20:48 PM

You must be using Shakezula's guide. Those -mgw46-mt-sd-153 ends in your .pro file need to match the ones you compiled with. Unless you're also using his 'deps' package (which is ancient by the way) you're not using the right stuff.
DJFML (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:41:56 PM

I went ahead and built my own deps and I compiled all of them the right way, I used 1_53_0 or is it better to use the new one at 1_55?
Blazr2

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:28:13 PM

Did you also compile with MinGW 4.6? I'd think the later versions might help.
DJFML (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:55:08 PM

I had installed 4.6 off the website, but haven't compiled it. I thought it was already compiled.
Blazr2

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:15:35 PM

I was able to compile your coin using the old Shakezula deps:

It appears your -qt.pro doesn't have the right lines or something to that effect, because I plugged them in directly out of the foocoin (what you're creating here) and voila, it worked!

Here's the Qt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5itl13zuy70v4au/Flightcoin-Qt.rar

Would be willing to TeamViewer with you and show you how I got it working for a bit of BTC....

DJFML (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:13:35 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 08:30:05 PM by DJFML

I was able to compile your coin using the old Shakezula deps:

https://i.imgur.com/sSd939E.png

It appears your -qt.pro doesn't have the right lines or something to that effect, because I plugged them in directly out of the foocoin (what you're creating here) and voila, it worked!

Here's the Qt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5itl13zuy70v4au/Flightcoin-Qt.rar

Would be willing to TeamViewer with you and show you how I got it working for a bit of BTC....

Thanks soooo much!!! I would give you 1m of FTC for helping me on it. But my coin is pretty much worthless. But I do have 30k doge if that's worth anything to you. Unfortunately I never got a hold of BTC :/
Blazr2

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:01:39 PM

Sure, 30K of DOGE is good:

D9i7U4za6FpzmScY2XyBLt6aFoQA62oLRr

Got TV? PM me your access code.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: