Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:20:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Optimal Captcha  (Read 1501 times)
ondratra (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:11:57 PM

Hello,
what captcha solution are you using on your sites? I personally hate reCaptcha as I have big problems to read text(bot will probably read it better then me in near future) so I am thinking about SecureImage - do you thnk it's sufficient (= non crackable in short term)
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:39:38 PM

Captcha is very annoying for the end-user of the system. SecureImage looks decent, but it is definitely crackable. The sample captchas look very easy to me - a computer program would be able to solve them this year. You may want to try something unlike captchas, there are different ways to do the turing test.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:42:41 PM

Whatever replaces the Captcha, I hope it's easier for humans to use than trying to make out whether that's a "d" or a c and an l. That and the time it takes for me to type it in are the only things that are really annoying about it to me.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:04:18 AM

The jumbled words are ridiculous to deal with sometimes.

I don't mind the simple image ones with a couple numbers in them.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:06:34 AM

Solvemedia  is pretty decent. You can do secure captchas or profitable ones. Personally, I'd like to see the secure ones used.

http://solvemedia.com/publishers/captcha-type-in

ondratra (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:12:43 PM

Captcha is very annoying for the end-user of the system. SecureImage looks decent, but it is definitely crackable. The sample captchas look very easy to me - a computer program would be able to solve them this year. You may want to try something unlike captchas, there are different ways to do the turing test.

I share this opinion with you. But I would love to be sure about secureImage - do you know about some real break that happened?

Solvemedia  is pretty decent. You can do secure captchas or profitable ones. Personally, I'd like to see the secure ones used.

This look great - unfortunately it seems it's english only and my clients usually need localized version(as many of their clients don't know english) :-(

I found interesting no-captcha alternative with localization support, but it alos seems to me it is possible to crack it:
http://sweetcaptcha.com/
onlinepro

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:30:02 PM

I think http://www.minteye.com/ is best.
I like it because I don't need to use keyboard for it at all!

ondratra (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:28:03 PM

So this is combination of advertisement and captcha solving? (good idea if so)

Also it unfortunately seems english only.
onlinepro

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:36:01 PM

Yes, it is ad.
What you mean english only? It is picture so I don't think users have to know english, since you don't have to read anything.
Everything users have to do is use that slider to make image look good, and click enter.

There is example of this chaptcha:

DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:46:12 PM

None of the captchas that involve typing distorted letters into a box are any good.  The best captcha I've run on a website involves 9 changeable images, say animals for example and the question will ask the user to 'select all the cats' out of those pictures of animals.  Easy for a human to solve and not easy for a bot because the pictures switch position every time.   

Visual captchas > text captchas.
ondratra (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:11:01 PM

Yes, it is ad.
What you mean english only? It is picture so I don't think users have to know english, since you don't have to read anything.
Everything users have to do is use that slider to make image look good, and click enter.

I thought there is some description like "Slide this...". But widget you sent seems great!! Surely gonna implement this as one alternative.

None of the captchas that involve typing distorted letters into a box are any good.  The best captcha I've run on a website involves 9 changeable images, say animals for example and the question will ask the user to 'select all the cats' out of those pictures of animals.  Easy for a human to solve and not easy for a bot because the pictures switch position every time.   

Visual captchas > text captchas.

Imho partially true. Visual captcha you explain could be cracked after data mining your picture + questions database. That's why I don't beliave in http://sweetcaptcha.com/ I post earlier.
onlinepro

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:34:16 PM

Yes, it is ad.

I thought there is some description like "Slide this...". But widget you sent seems great!! Surely gonna implement this as one alternative.

Nope.
But you can add your own text above/under it in any language.

ondratra (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:42:40 PM

Yes, it is ad.

Nope.
But you can add your own text above/under it in any language.

Even better. Thank you man.

And btw I have found possibility to change characteristics of securimage (https://www.phpcaptcha.org/documentation/customizing-securimage/).
jets567

Activity: 1008
Merit: 511

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:16:12 PM

I just try to squint hard as i can and try to make out the captcha and hit enter, usually I miss a letter or type the wrong one so it can be annoying when trying to solve these especially on TOR when the languages are different  Shocked

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
ondratra (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:13:39 PM

I just try to squint hard as i can and try to make out the captcha and hit enter, usually I miss a letter or type the wrong one so it can be annoying when trying to solve these especially on TOR when the languages are different  Shocked

Interestng point about TOR.  Solving reCaptcha usually its takes me 10-15 tries... hate it Cheesy
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:24:07 PM

I don't understand how those solvemedia ones aren't easily breakable by bots. They don't seem to do much. They are extremely easy to solve and I can't see how they pose a challenge for someone who wanted to break them.
moreia

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:27:14 AM

Exactly
If you want a un-crackable captcha you'll need to create one yourself or get a Dev to
Most on the market are extremely easy for a computer to crack
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:36:12 AM

PoW may be able to solve the captcha problem.

Mining is CPU intensive. If a captcha was a script that mined to get a proof with difficultly X, then the cost of creating an account would outweigh the financial benefit of having said account.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
ondratra (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:41:24 AM

I don't understand how those solvemedia ones aren't easily breakable by bots. They don't seem to do much. They are extremely easy to solve and I can't see how they pose a challenge for someone who wanted to break them.

Click on "secure" tab - then you can choose difficulty. When I scrolled total right it was unreadable for me Cheesy

Mining is CPU intensive. If a captcha was a script that mined to get a proof with difficultly X, then the cost of creating an account would outweigh the financial benefit of having said account.

But how would real person declare he is actually real??? Imho text captcha is kind of PoW anyway - or maybe better to call it "Proof of understanding"
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:49:09 AM

But how would real person declare he is actually real??? Imho text captcha is kind of PoW anyway - or maybe better to call it "Proof of understanding"

You can hire a team through mechanical turk to solve proof-of-human captcha. The captcha is solved, but the account is still under automated control or exploited.

If you can attach an expense to an action, an expense which is unnoticed to a single individual taking a single action, but economically inviable to an entity seeking to exploit the action on mass for minor financial gain, then you have solved the problem. (Spam problem)

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: