Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:22:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you agree?
Yes, we're all gonna be filthy stinking rich.
Maybe
I wouldn't count on it happening this year.
No way
Panic and sell everything NOW!
Hodl

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next bubble is Wall St.  (Read 3060 times)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:04:32 AM

The Mother of All Bubbles will be when retail penetration reaches critical mass.

I am not sure why man.  Please feel free to explain to me but as a typical economic evaluation goes,  The purchasing power is trending up, Transaction costs only has a slight advantage in the international markets, and the aggregate demand curve is not all that.  What policy planning will change any of that in a quantifiable way lol.  Using bitcoin as a medium of exchange is not why the majority of the buys have been made..

Because if businesses ever decide to trade wholesale to retail purchases or business to business purchases in bitcoin, the demand will become 1000x greater than it currently is.  Right now, outside of Overstock, businesses just convert straight into fiat. If they ever hold bitcoin to do commerce between each other, bitcoin will be worth 5-6 figures.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:16:53 AM

The Mother of All Bubbles will be when retail penetration reaches critical mass.

I am not sure why man.  Please feel free to explain to me but as a typical economic evaluation goes,  The purchasing power is trending up, Transaction costs only has a slight advantage in the international markets, and the aggregate demand curve is not all that.  What policy planning will change any of that in a quantifiable way lol.  Using bitcoin as a medium of exchange is not why the majority of the buys have been made..

Because if businesses ever decide to trade wholesale to retail purchases or business to business purchases in bitcoin, the demand will become 1000x greater than it currently is.  Right now, outside of Overstock, businesses just convert straight into fiat. If they ever hold bitcoin to do commerce between each other, bitcoin will be worth 5-6 figures.
Businesses don't generally trade retail purchases between eachother. However once businesses are able to pay suppliers in bitcoin the demand for bitcoin will dramatically increase.

This spot for rent.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:21:36 AM

Businesses don't generally trade retail purchases between eachother. However once businesses are able to pay suppliers in bitcoin the demand for bitcoin will dramatically increase.

Ummm. That is what I was talking about. Not bartering, lol.
vleroybrown

Activity: 1175
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:23:12 AM

Ok I understand increasing the loop and how important it is.  Feedback will be much realer when that happens.  I myself am putting alot of effort in Potcoin because I see things there as a new industry that doesn't need to change because its better.  There simply arn't any solid alternatives.  But man I see Bitcoin getting shunned for a while longer because of the way it has been man.
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:32:17 AM

Last phase of bubble usually will make a lot of speculator wealthy.

Problem is hardly anyone able to exit the market before the final crash come.
kerafym

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:07:14 AM

Last phase of bubble usually will make a lot of speculator wealthy.

Problem is hardly anyone able to exit the market before the final crash come.

Yes.

During the 80's, Nikkei index at around 20000 was already a bubble stage. Wise investors got out and it still went up to 40000 before crashing down more than 90%.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 4648

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:26:47 AM

exit the market before the final crash come.

Final crash?

So you think Bitcoin will eventually fail?
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 03:33:33 AM

Satoshi felt that bitcoin would end up with a huge transaction volume, or next to none. It remains to be seen, and could go either way.

I guess the bet is if the utility bitcoin adds outweighs the cost of supporting it.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:37:06 AM

Satoshi felt that bitcoin would end up with a huge transaction volume, or next to none. It remains to be seen, and could go either way.

I guess the bet is if the utility bitcoin adds outweighs the cost of supporting it.

True, I would be amazed if bitcoin would fail, but it essentially boils down to this.

It either has utility and is used all around the world on a large scale. Or it almost completely fails.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 12:41:53 PM

i guess 2015/2016 are the wallstreet years. "today" we are bulding the ecosystem. and 2014 is a good VC year but we will see alot more i guess.

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:52:14 PM

I expect Winklevoss ETF in 2014 or Q1 2015

But more important, the announcement when the ETF hits Nasdaq should come 2014. And thats where the fun begins imo.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:28:21 PM

Ok I understand increasing the loop and how important it is.  Feedback will be much realer when that happens.  I myself am putting alot of effort in Potcoin because I see things there as a new industry that doesn't need to change because its better.  There simply arn't any solid alternatives.  But man I see Bitcoin getting shunned for a while longer because of the way it has been man.
the problem with "investing" in any alt coin is that the network is much less secure then bitcoin for every single alt coin out there. This means that when a merchant is deciding if they are willing to accept a certain coin they will be hesitant as it would not be difficult to rob the store

This spot for rent.
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:14:26 PM

Well for me, it appears this weekend and the last week’s prices are clearly linked to the SR coins,
that in itself is clear evidence the market is not run by Chinese FUD but the important movements are now from the US.
The only movement from the Chinese will be how much they buy rather than what they sell.
So, could be some big movements when the auction prices are revealed, interesting times, Wall Street will show their hand soon if they are going to.
vleroybrown

Activity: 1175
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:30:25 PM

Well for me, it appears this weekend and the last week’s prices are clearly linked to the SR coins,
that in itself is clear evidence the market is not run by Chinese FUD but the important movements are now from the US.
The only movement from the Chinese will be how much they buy rather than what they sell.
So, could be some big movements when the auction prices are revealed, interesting times, Wall Street will show their hand soon if they are going to.

Chinese adopters are the same as American Libertarians.  I hate to see their hopes dashed as policy and regulation completely smothers the love they feel for Bitcoin.  It the case of Altcoins I feel it is much less clear cut and there will be some extreme opportunities there.  I wonder if it will be posted here though..
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:14:03 PM

Chinese adopters are the same as American Libertarians.  I hate to see their hopes dashed as policy and regulation completely smothers the love they feel for Bitcoin.  It the case of Altcoins I feel it is much less clear cut and there will be some extreme opportunities there.  I wonder if it will be posted here though..

True, they are looking to the US to shine the path
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:28:43 PM

I think wall street will come next year at the earliest, but maybe they'll even wait even longer.

wall street is pretty conservative i believe, so i don't think the next bubble is started or even fueled by wall street.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:19:10 PM

I think wall street will come next year at the earliest, but maybe they'll even wait even longer.

wall street is pretty conservative i believe, so i don't think the next bubble is started or even fueled by wall street.

Bitcoin is exactly what wall.st needs, they have both trading experts and enough fiat to dominate bitcoin price as they please.
I believe the only thing stopping them is the uncertinty of how the law will treat bitcoin in the future.
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:58:36 AM

Bitcoin is exactly what wall.st needs, they have both trading experts and enough fiat to dominate bitcoin price as they please.
I believe the only thing stopping them is the uncertinty of how the law will treat bitcoin in the future.

But walstreet always wants very hard structures and confusion around assets before they can invest. Bitcoin is too simple.

So they will probably need to make all kinds of structures around bitcoin rather than buying bitcoin directly.
cookiemonster7

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:02:53 AM

We are all Just waiting on the first step in Wall Street implementation and that is the Winklevoss ETF, the moment that puppy gets approval by the SEC we are all going to be a very happy bunch. Another 10 billion dollars being injected into bitcoin would do absolute wonders.

-  “Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.”
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: