Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solar PV 4 your mining rigs ?  (Read 2038 times)
V4Vendettas (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 06:32:49 PM

So do we have miners that might be interested in buying ( bitcoins are fine ) a PV system in the UK?

Only ask because as miner myself I found the power bill a little expensive and my Solar system has really taken the edge off.

If I get any interest I will make a proper thread about it and my company.

Happy to chat over the phone or skype if anyone has any questions.

Ow and yes I'm MCS certified etc etc.

Edit: I guess with all these FPGA's coming out power is less of an issue tho  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 02:09:14 AM

So do we have miners that might be interested in buying ( bitcoins are fine ) a PV system in the UK?

Only ask because as miner myself I found the power bill a little expensive and my Solar system has really taken the edge off.

If I get any interest I will make a proper thread about it and my company.

Happy to chat over the phone or skype if anyone has any questions.

Ow and yes I'm MCS certified etc etc.

Edit: I guess with all these FPGA's coming out power is less of an issue tho  Undecided

Not necessarily. How about powering the FPGA miners with solar power! Free mining Smiley Horaaaay!

V4Vendettas (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 10:50:48 AM

Well I know my systems not totaly covering my rigs (GPU's) but sure could power alot of FPGA's .

phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 08:50:52 PM

Just signed engineering plans for a 33 panel array, about 8kW setup.  I believe that's only about half of what our house averages, lol.  Parents are pissed about my mining operation like you would not believe.  If they could measure the breaker for just my room I would be getting charged for sure.  I tell them that even if they could figure out how much I owe them for electricity on top of rent that I would *STILL* be making money from the BTC I mine  Grin
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 09:23:51 PM

Just signed engineering plans for a 33 panel array, about 8kW setup.  I believe that's only about half of what our house averages, lol.  Parents are pissed about my mining operation like you would not believe.  If they could measure the breaker for just my room I would be getting charged for sure.  I tell them that even if they could figure out how much I owe them for electricity on top of rent that I would *STILL* be making money from the BTC I mine  Grin

You better hope they don't find out about this.
http://www.theenergydetective.com/store
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: