Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:31:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has the left wing abandoned Israel?  (Read 5645 times)
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:44:42 PM

At one time it seemed as most liberals supported Israel. Now many of them seem to despise her and have great sympathy for the Palestinians. I have said many time that there is plenty of blame to go around in that part of the world. No one side constantly wears the white or the black hat. Very few hands are free of blood.

Now it's mostly the right that support Israel and I find myself generally with them on this issue. That doesn't mean I have no sympathy for the plight of the Palestinians or blame to cast onto Israel for her behavior. I do not however hold extreme views on the subject and put all the blame on one side.

Basically I believe that Israel and the Palestinians have to find a way to coexist together or they will continue to die together. Arguing endlessly about who has a more legitimate historical right to the the same land is non productive and ultimately futile. Neither people are going to go away. There will be no state of Israel or state of Palestine in Africa or anywhere else. The people live and die where they are now and that means they are going to have to find a way to live together.

Much has to be done and I hate to think most on the left and the right have become so polarized on the issue that extreme views rule the day. I don't see the Israel/ Palestinian issue as part of the "culture wars" that plague America but with the left in general, supporting the Palestinians and the right in general, supporting the Israelis it's becoming to look that way. Serious discussions about finding ways to solve the problems can't even get under way when both sides insist that one or the other has to get out. That will never happen.

Why do people hold such strong views on the Israel/ Palestinian issue and why has the left in America abandoned the Jewish State? What do you think?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:47:14 PM

Everyone abandons Israel at some point, even god abandoned it ages ago.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:50:03 PM

Really it is kind of simple… The left wing used to be Democrats… Now they are progressives, they are not the same. Democrats helped people, progressives are full of hate.
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:54:17 PM

Really it is kind of simple… The left wing used to be Democrats… Now they are progressives, they are not the same. Democrats helped people, progressives are full of hate.
I'm not a democrat or a progressive. I'm a liberal. What have labels to do with it?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:55:29 PM

I would only add that supporting the crimes against humanity that Israel commits on a daily and global regularity is unacceptable to most thinking people everywhere.

Of course this would necessitate being aware of what is going on..... many are unaware of reality there, and basing their opinions on misinformation and a lack of accurate information.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:17:32 PM

I would only add that supporting the crimes against humanity that Israel commits on a daily and global regularity is unacceptable to most thinking people everywhere.

Of course this would necessitate being aware of what is going on..... many are unaware of reality there, and basing their opinions on misinformation and a lack of accurate information.

This is probably right, although I wouldn't call it misinformation, I call it propaganda.

DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:02:21 PM

Everyone abandons Israel at some point, even god abandoned it ages ago.

No he didnt. why? because he dosent exist.

"Crimes against humanity" Such as? Saying Israel commits Crimes against humanity is propaganda itself.

OP,the left abandoned Israel because leftists tend to side with the weaker side,aka Palestinians. And ofc the regular reason of racism.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:20:33 PM

The more I learn about this conflict the more I think that frankly it will never end. Someone will have to win for it to end and that will be ugly. There is way too much propaganda on both sides.

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:47:26 PM

I'm not a democrat or a progressive. I'm a liberal. What have labels to do with it?
I guess i am not aware that liberals have turned against Israel.

I have a distinct dislike for the treatment of ordinary Palestanians by Israeli's and an equal distaste for the terrorism against Israel.

I do object to the blind American/Israeli supporters who can find no fault with Israel.

sana8410

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:11:54 PM

I have a distinct dislike for the treatment of ordinary Palestanians by Israeli's and an equal distaste for the terrorism against Israel.

I do object to the blind American/Israeli supporters who can find no fault with Israel.
I would only add that supporting the crimes against humanity that Israel commits on a daily and global regularity is unacceptable to most thinking people everywhere. Of course this would necessitate being aware of what is going on..... many are unaware of reality there, and basing their opinions on misinformation and a lack of accurate information.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:30:46 AM

I would only add that supporting the crimes against humanity that Israel commits on a daily and global regularity is unacceptable to most thinking people everywhere. Of course this would necessitate being aware of what is going on..... many are unaware of reality there, and basing their opinions on misinformation and a lack of accurate information.

be careful when you say that though, you could easily be labelled an anti-semite.
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:50:49 AM

Muslim is not a religion of peace.

Don't forget all the neighboring countries of Israel tried to destroy it in the 50's. Should they succeed in invading it, most of Israeli citizens there would most likely be slaughtered in a horrible way.

Now that the aggressors failed the invasion and got weaken in the process, people are feeling sorry for Israel neighboring countries? Some people need to re-examine their head.

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:52:33 AM

When did Democrats abandon Israel? That's pretty much the only bipartisan issue in congress

Israel still receives 3.1 billion dollars in foreign aid yearly. So where exactly is the abandonment? Seems more like extreme sympathizer and supporter
DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:58:32 AM

The Palestinians commit many war crimes as well,they are no angels.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:44:15 AM

No winners in this conflict.

We didn't start the fire,
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning.
We didn't start the fire,
But when we are gone
It will still burn on, and on, and on, and on.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:13:53 AM

Firstly, I would say that back in the 80's' and 90's left-wing negative feelings toward Israel and that countries actions were much stronger than they are now.  NPR (National Public Radio) is a huge source of influence on the more affluent on the left.  They did an abrupt about face on all things Israel in the early part of this century and it has had a very noticeable impact on many of my friends.  Or something has.

My personal beef is with Zionism both as a ideology and as a practice.  This is not the same thing as dislike of either Israel or Jews, but I can understand how it could be read that way.

There are ethnic Jews who share my feelings about Zionism.  Like the holocaust survivor who was part of the Free Gaza Movement flotilla and her family in pre-WWII times.  There are also a lot of Zionists who are not ethnic Jews.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Charlie Prime

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:22:01 PM

When did Democrats abandon Israel? That's pretty much the only bipartisan issue in congress

Israel still receives 3.1 billion dollars in foreign aid yearly. So where exactly is the abandonment? Seems more like extreme sympathizer and supporter.

+1

This idea that "the Left" has abandoned Israel is about as out of touch with reality as one could get.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Shattered

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:37:43 AM

Israel still receives 3.1 billion dollars in foreign aid yearly. So where exactly is the abandonment? Seems more like extreme sympathizer and supporter

Which is about 3.1 billion dollars too much.
Its insane a country with 17 trillion in debt, hands out foreign aid like candy.

cinder

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:19:49 AM

Which is about 3.1 billion dollars too much.
Its insane a country with 17 trillion in debt, hands out foreign aid like candy.

The money is not being handed out freely. In case you do not know, the country is a US off-shore military platform and it is being used to watch over middle eastern countries.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:55:06 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 03:06:50 AM by TaunSew

"Foreign aid is taking money from poor people in rich countries and giving it to rich people in poor countries." - Ron Paul, perhaps the one few quotations from him I can agree with.

That being said 'foreign aid' is a bribe and bribes are common place in empires.  The British Empire had every African and Indian Chieftain / Prince on its' payroll.  Best way to stop insurrections is to simply give their leaders a few shiny toys and privileges, and they'll keep their minions under control.    

American foreign aid is no different the than old tactics associated with empires.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: