Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 03:35:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has the left wing abandoned Israel?  (Read 5650 times)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:53:15 PM

the entire fucking world is tired of the U.S. giving Israel CarteBlanche protection to terrorize and murder a basically unarmed(in comparison) indigenous population. "enough blame on both sides"Huh who and what is that ludicrous statement for? I'll give you the benefit of doubt that it is little more than part of your little mind game you like to indulge in.
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:02:15 PM

yah big ole drama queen. If you think for a second that people are going to agree with you that Israel is the anti-Christ and the Pals innocent shepherds, my guess is that you're having hallucinations. Both sides have brought this upon themselves. since I'm the one suggesting the only practical solution: dissolving the state of Israel.

Do you have any objection to welcoming emigrating Israelis with immediate citizenship and generous resettlement packages?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:06:42 PM

The Israelis keep appropriating Palestinian territory.  America doesn't demand a reason why, so they continue apace.
Basically they have pushed all Palestinians into the Gaza strip and a few other ghettos (isn't that an ironic term to use here!). When  they feel like it they bomb the snot out of it and nobody takes much notice.  -  I don't know where zolace gets the idea that the liberal media condemn them, they don't.

Just google "Gaza bombing images".

As I said in an earlier post, the Israeli Jews are, and have been for some time, treating Palestinians as shabbily as Europeans a few centuries ago treated their forefathers, including an approach only a little less harsh than the holocaust.

Rigon

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:08:21 PM

yah big ole drama queen. If you think for a second that people are going to agree with you that Israel is the anti-Christ and the Pals innocent shepherds, my guess is that you're having hallucinations. Both sides have brought this upon themselves. since I'm the one suggesting the only practical solution: dissolving the state of Israel.

Do you have any objection to welcoming emigrating Israelis with immediate citizenship and generous resettlement packages?
No problemo, I welcome any and all..........just don't bring any ideas intent on selfish changing of America. Throw your Zionist crap in the dumpster before getting on the plane. Why, some fools may ask..............

If anyone would like to begin to understand, here is a piece I just ran across that may spark some thought. Keep in mind that the U.S. is party to all this

In Case You Missed It
The Zionist Plan for the Middle East
Translated and edited by Israel Shahak
The plan operates on two essential premises. To survive, Israel must 1) become an imperial regional power, and 2) must effect the division of the whole area into small states by the dissolution of all existing Arab states.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article33220.htm
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:10:15 PM

The Jews aren't going anywhere and either are the Pals. They have to learn to live together or continue to die. When they finally get sick of burying their children they will make peace. Its as simple as that.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:17:33 PM

First of all, the Israelis are very aware of their own past history and specifically what happens when they put themselves at the mercy of other nations and without their own homeland or their own defense forces. They may flourish for a brief period but almost inevitably, they are made scapegoats for one reason or another and  too many times, are persecuted, made second-class citizens, driven off and sometimes, far worse. The Jews do have their own history of persecution and not just by one particular group. I seriously doubt most Jews would want to tempt fate the second time around.

Secondly, the Jewish religious aspect has already been mentioned, those Jews will never leave.

Thirdly, the political affiliation between the US and Israel. The US may do business with these Muslim countries in the Middle East but I seriously doubt our government looks upon these Muslim countries as real allies when push comes to shove, far too many religious hardliners, instability around every corner and the general antithesis between Islam and Christianity. Playing the odds, our government most likely sees Israel as the safer bet between the two factions.

As for the left-wing not supporting the State of Israel, these folks are generally much more concerned with domestic issues than foreign policy, they probably support a two-State solution for humanitarian reasons, it's a dead-end street.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:21:39 PM

My issue with it is that we (the US) have worked so hard to tip the scales for the Israelis, that they have not only no sense of urgency, but not even an inclination toward being willing to make any compromise toward peace. They are like the yappy little dog that fiercely barks at "intruders" while standing behind the legs of their human.

zolace (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:22:56 PM

My issue with it is that we (the US) have worked so hard to tip the scales for the Israelis, that they have not only no sense of urgency, but not even an inclination toward being willing to make any compromise toward peace. They are like the yappy little dog that fiercely barks at "intruders" while standing behind the legs of their human.
I would like to see us disconnect from the whole region. Let them solve their own problems.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:26:14 PM

This war between Palestine and Israel will never end until, both sides get tired of seeing their children die. How many years has the U.S. tried to broker a deal between them? It just isn't going to happen. They must learn to live together or die together. Personally, the U.S. has spent far too much time and money on Israel. Unfortunately, we have created a monster. But that "monster" is our ally. So now what?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:27:48 PM

The Jews aren't going anywhere and either are the Pals. They have to learn to live together or continue to die. When they finally get sick of burying their children they will make peace. Its as simple as that.
the only part of the Israel situation that is simple is your silly conception of it. Don't get mad at me because I have a better understanding
sana8410

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:32:22 PM

So many anti-Semites ganging up on poor, pure Israel, right? Everyone who criticizes Israel is an anti-Semite, hmmm?

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe we're not the problem, but rather thee, who can see no evil when it comes to Israel?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:32:41 PM

Just google "Gaza bombing images".

Just google "Israel bus bombing images",Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel,Passover massacre,terror atacks on Israel,Israel bus bombing,etc

really,stop trying to make the Palestinians the only victim in this conflict,both sides have suffered.

DodoB

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:58:20 PM

Something newsworthy: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/30/world/meast/israel-missing-teenagers/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Palestinian terrorists killed 3 Israeli teeangers.. humans are beasts..
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:06:07 PM

I'm fed up with Israel. They seem to forget that our support ends where our mutual interests diverge. They want support for their Palestinian problem while at the same time stealing land from Palestinians. Forget it. We should not broker a deal until they stop this illegal action AND return the land that was taken. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:31:08 PM

I think a lot of the problem is that Israel is willing to actually do some weeding out of the extremists on the Palestinian side and the left has become a crowd of bleeding-heart types that thinks Israel needs to let up when there are frequent rocket attacks coming out of Palestine. Yes, Israel has blood on her hands, but every time Palestine pulls stunts by kidnapping and murdering teenagers who are just out on a hike, it's obvious that Palestinian terrorists have it coming a lot of the time.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:52:45 PM

i'm not very well-versed on the subject, but it seems like israel has kind of bullied palestine into pulling these terrorist tactics. i'm not condoning any of it, but they probably feel they have been pushed far enough that extremism is the only way they can respond.
MaxwellsDemon

Activity: 187
Merit: 109

Converting information into power since 1867

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:05:29 AM

Israel is the occupier and oppressor here sana. Israel is the one committing a slow steady genocide against the Arab population. Just take the Gaza 2009 massacre, it was horror unmitigated crime against humanity. I'm sorry if I have no sympathy for the folks responsible.

Is that... truth??? Careful now... There is no room for truth in a discussion about Israel...
Truth has the remarkable quality of always being antisemitic.

Something newsworthy: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/30/world/meast/israel-missing-teenagers/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Palestinian terrorists killed 3 Israeli teeangers.. humans are beasts..

Nice job finding this article! Fortunately, all the mainstream media all over the world made it easier for you by plastering it all over the front pages.

Humans are beasts... Indeed.

Now please find the CNN article about the 9 Palestinians that Israel killed in the two weeks since those 3 Israeli teenagers were kidnapped.
You know, those 9 Palestinians, one of whom was 13 years old, one was 16 years old and a third was a mentally-challenged adult, all of whom were murdered in cold blood by Israeli soldiers in the last two weeks alone.

What??? There is no CNN article about the 9 Palestinians killed by Israel in the last two weeks? And there isn't one about the dozens of other Palestinians killed by Israelis since the beginning of this year alone? What a shock!!! One could almost imagine the western MSM is biased!

We're hunting for Leviathan, and Bitcoin is our harpoon.
newflesh

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:13:15 PM

Don't think Israel has been abandoned by the left, more likely that progressives have had enough of crazy zionists like Bibi.

What??? There is no CNN article about the 9 Palestinians killed by Israel in the last two weeks?
They call it collateral damage when Palestinians are killed and terrorism when the Israelis are attacked. No double standands, honest!
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:50:44 PM

Don't think Israel has been abandoned by the left, more likely that progressives have had enough of crazy zionists like Bibi.

What??? There is no CNN article about the 9 Palestinians killed by Israel in the last two weeks?
They call it collateral damage when Palestinians are killed and terrorism when the Israelis are attacked. No double standands, honest!

Maybe it's just that, in the Israeli's case, killing civilians is accidental (and Hamas has been known to use their own civilian population as hostages in an attempt to look good to the media when civilians inevitably get killed), but when Palestinians kill Israeli civilians, it's usually quite cold-blooded and deliberate.
MaxwellsDemon

Activity: 187
Merit: 109

Converting information into power since 1867

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:25:38 PM

Maybe it's just that, in the Israeli's case, killing civilians is accidental (and Hamas has been known to use their own civilian population as hostages in an attempt to look good to the media when civilians inevitably get killed), but when Palestinians kill Israeli civilians, it's usually quite cold-blooded and deliberate.

And maybe that has something to do with the fact that Israel has one of the most powerful armies in the world, while Palestinians are helpless civilians living under occupation for three generations, and the only thing they can possibly do to lash back is get their hands on a gun and kill the first Israeli they see before the army gets them...

The very notion of "Terrorism" was invented by empires to justify their violence against occupied civilian populations.
As your comment demonstrates so nicely, empires try very hard to create a distinction between two types of violence - legitimate violence and non-legitimate violence. The organized, large-scale violence of the empire against the populace, which is always far more deadly, is deemed a legitimate, necessary attempt to maintain order and security. The small-scale, scattered, unorganized violence of the weak populace against the occupying empire is called "terrorism" and portrayed as barbaric and indiscriminate.

Such has been the nature of empires since the dawn of history. Even the Roman empire tried to paint provincial rebellions as barbaric (which is exactly where the word barbarian comes from).

The truth is that organized imperial violence is always more cruel, as well as much more lethal. But it has been my experience that citizens of empires are simply incapable of grasping this truth. To westerners, the illusion that their armies are involved in some kind of noble, almost benevolent pursuit of security, stability and order is too deeply entrenched. I assure you, if you spend some time living under Israeli or American occupation, you will also start thinking of "terrorist acts" as small examples of brave people who's spirit will not be crushed, making a futile but noble attempt to fight back against the horror of their everyday lives.

We're hunting for Leviathan, and Bitcoin is our harpoon.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: