Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Doge game over?  (Read 2622 times)
morphtrust

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:56:43 AM

man you people I swear, have you ever considered looking at all the other coins and see what they are doing while one coin you are watching is doing something? can you really not see patterns when they are so obvious or do I have some super power that lets me put together these patterns??? Doge, is only going down because this time of year all the coins value goes down too, but that is all I am telling lol I am not responsible for holding anyone's hand through things, I have one person I know pretty well that I help and he has made coin, off my help, but that is as far as I go, I only help people I really really really know well and trust lol

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:00:10 AM

man you people I swear, have you ever considered looking at all the other coins and see what they are doing while one coin you are watching is doing something? can you really not see patterns when they are so obvious or do I have some super power that lets me put together these patterns??? Doge, is only going down because this time of year all the coins value goes down too, but that is all I am telling lol I am not responsible for holding anyone's hand through things, I have one person I know pretty well that I help and he has made coin, off my help, but that is as far as I go, I only help people I really really really know well and trust lol

Dogecoin's price has been going down considerably more than most of the major coins though.
However, I'm quite sure this is not the end and there will be an uptrend soon, perhaps near the next block halving in a week.
morphtrust

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 11:27:28 AM

the block halving game, lol, there is going to be some change due to the halving but it will not be what everyone keeps expecting ha ha.

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
lynn_402

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:04:37 PM

the block halving game, lol, there is going to be some change due to the halving but it will not be what everyone keeps expecting ha ha.

So, what are you expecting?
It's a fact that multipools are dumping tens of BTCs worth of dogecoins every day. In one week this will be reduced by half; this can only be good for the price.

Sure, fears of a 51% could surface again (even though half of the current hashrate would be 30 gh/s, which is still very secure), but this won't be a long-term problem since the community and the devs are ready to do whatever it takes to save the network if it does get in a dangerous situation (ie. switch to PoS.)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:20:54 PM

doge is a perfect medium to build poker/gambling sites on.  people are more willing to part from it due to its inflationary model.  

i think doge pker sites should make it possible for people to buy doge from them using credit cards.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:57:26 PM

It's a fact that multipools are dumping tens of BTCs worth of dogecoins every day. In one week this will be reduced by half; this can only be good for the price.

Sure, fears of a 51% could surface again (even though half of the current hashrate would be 30 gh/s, which is still very secure), but this won't be a long-term problem since the community and the devs are ready to do whatever it takes to save the network if it does get in a dangerous situation (ie. switch to PoS.)

Lmfao, in case you didnt notice. Dogecoin has no coin limit, it has an unlimited amount of coins that can be made. It's inflation is through the roof. Because it has an unlimited amount of coins is why the price is going to 0 soon. Like 50billion dogecoins are made everyyear am i right?

Dogecoin is stupid as shit, with its unlimited coin supply, youll never see this coin rise about 1 satoshi when it hits that price in the next 3 months.
stonedpuppy

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:27:37 PM

Dogecoin's price has been going down considerably more than most of the major coins though.
However, I'm quite sure this is not the end and there will be an uptrend soon, perhaps near the next block halving in a week.

The last block halving didn't make the price go up, this one won't either. It will continue going down.
lynn_402

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:25:41 PM

The last block halving didn't make the price go up, this one won't either. It will continue going down.

The first two block halvings made the price go up considerably, when inflation was quite higher than what it is now, and when the community was smaller with less merchant involved. Imho, these are enough reasons for the next block reward's impact to be positive.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:42:43 AM

This entire field of crypto currency is fresh, oh so fresh. Sure, there will be a lot of losers just like tens (or hundreds) of computer variants died in the '70s. But first, there will be hype. A real hype.

Enough to think about wagering a bet on some Altcoins. An asymmetric bet with potential high reward.

darkota

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:07:11 AM

This entire field of crypto currency is fresh, oh so fresh. Sure, there will be a lot of losers just like tens (or hundreds) of computer variants died in the '70s. But first, there will be hype. A real hype.

Enough to think about wagering a bet on some Altcoins. An asymmetric bet with potential high reward.

I'd take on a bet like that. I also agree, that we are very new in the crypto currency field. Bitcoin only got really noticed in 2012, before that only a handful of people knew about it.

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:46:39 AM

Lmfao, in case you didnt notice. Dogecoin has no coin limit, it has an unlimited amount of coins that can be made. It's inflation is through the roof. Because it has an unlimited amount of coins is why the price is going to 0 soon. Like 50billion dogecoins are made everyyear am i right?

No.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:21:32 AM

Also that there is no coin limit drives price down alot.

Yeah, even if the supply inflation at the current time isn't drastically different than some other cryptos just the psychological impact of unlimited coins is something that I believe turns people off.

Agree just look at:
NXT have ups and downs 1st 100% premined. 0% inflation
BC 1st pure POS after short POW have ups and downs no cap at end low inflation
BTC,LTC,Doge also rides ups and downs.

Coin limit don't change a lot believe me.

Clones of POW act same as POS newbie devs are spaming them and they are dying slowly.
Crypto had so far hype circles:
1. no ASICs  scrypt LTC hype coin circle - LTC mas clones 100+ clones – Mega Earth Lotto Leaf…
2. Fun community billions coins DOGE hype coin circle - no ASICs LTC mas clones 50+ clones – Flappy Moon Catcoin Fedora
3. POS coin started by Blackcoin hype coin circle – currently 70+ BC clones WC CINNI VRC (even 50+ didn’t even  removed Chinese 黑币= Blackcoin from wallet)
4. Anon coin hype started by DRK pump  - 20-40 new coin want offer or are offering anon. Cry Cloak XMR XC VRC...
5. What next ?

My type 1:
NXT forks Node NFD2 or wide distributed java POS NEM…

My type 2:
E-gaming coins:
Minerals (currently in pump 1m market cap today) – LOL…

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Sumerian

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:38:40 AM

Dogecoin is stupid as shit, with its unlimited coin supply, youll never see this coin rise about 1 satoshi when it hits that price in the next 3 months.

5 Billion, and from start till now 84Bill Doge are made, so I wonder what will happen when Dogecoin hits 100b cap

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:46:24 AM

No.
I make some calcuation in exel fo you Tongue...
How doge till 2020year is better than BTC and LTC enjoy:
surce:https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

Doge inflation i counted on my own:

Just one thing doge inflation is decreasing soon doge will be like POS coin with active mining.
If diff will be low they will be force to switch to full POS going BC way turning of POW to avoid 51% attacks.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
OptimusPrime7

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:08:44 PM

change doge algo and things might be diffrent. Scrypt seems to be dieing..
Biggen

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:24:53 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 04:30:56 PM by Biggen

Doge is done.  The next halvening will really put the hurt on it as more and more miners will be getting out.  But that isn't even its real problem.  Its problem is that there is NO DEMAND for the coin.  That is why the price continues its steady decline.  

I think its the community that ended up killing it.  The reddit sub is full of a bunch of wannabe hippies posting pictures of doges, moons, and other general bullshit.  No one is ever going to take that coin seriously.  That is the main reason behinds it's demise.  It started off from a joke and its still a joke.
darkota

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:54:00 PM

Doge is done.  The next halvening will really put the hurt on it as more and more miners will be getting out.  But that isn't even its real problem.  It's problem is that there is NO DEMAND for the coin.  That is why the price continues its steady decline. 

I think its the community that ended up killing it.  The reddit sub is full of a bunch of wannabe hippies posting pictures of doges, moons, and other general bullshit.  No one is ever going to take that coin seriously.  That is the main reason behinds it's demise.  It started off from a joke and its still a joke.

+1, it's also doge's inflation. It theoretically has an infinite supply of coins, thus it has no value.

Doge is a Shit coin.
chaosPT

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:07:43 PM

The only thing why Doge would raise so much before its all about the rumors

and the most important Dooglus make a dice site same as JD that accept doge , thats when the coin raise .
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:19:47 PM

I'd take on a bet like that. I also agree, that we are very new in the crypto currency field. Bitcoin only got really noticed in 2012, before that only a handful of people knew about it.

Uh, there was the whole spike to $35 in June of 2011 and the Federal Inquiry into Silk Road in September of 2011. If anything, there was less aggregate attention to Bitcoin in 2012 than 2011.

Anyhow, I digress, I do agree that the crypto-currency paradigm is still quite young and that there is a lot of untapped potential. The difference is that crypto-currencies haven't pushed into the mainstream collective like computers of the '70s. In one sense, we can say that the amount of dilution in this scene is either premature or we'll be in for a hell of a ride in a few years.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:02:19 PM

Uh, there was the whole spike to $35 in June of 2011 and the Federal Inquiry into Silk Road in September of 2011. If anything, there was less aggregate attention to Bitcoin in 2012 than 2011.

Anyhow, I digress, I do agree that the crypto-currency paradigm is still quite young and that there is a lot of untapped potential. The difference is that crypto-currencies haven't pushed into the mainstream collective like computers of the '70s. In one sense, we can say that the amount of dilution in this scene is either premature or we'll be in for a hell of a ride in a few years.

Yeah for sure. In 2011 there was lots of attention for bitcoin. The original $30+ bubble was big news. The emergence of SR had congress people making public statements against bitcoin and everything. It was a hot topic. 2010 is where bitcoin was semi unknown. If you were on the internet at that time reading forums and such you might come across the odd mention of the white paper or the pizza purchase, but other than that there was very little about bitcoin being circulated.

In 2010 I thought bitcoin was a cool idea but not much more than that. By 2011 it was "Wow! This is the real deal."  and I'd imagine that the vast majority of people in the western world who were tuned in to modern media sources had heard of bitcoin.

in 2012 things really cooled off. The only things I really remember happening of the top of my head was Satoshidice and the pirateat40 scandal. The pirate thing did get some mainstream media exposure due to the amount of money involved. But it was a slow year otherwise.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: