Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox refuse to active my account, what shall I do?  (Read 2106 times)
wise168 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 03:03:57 AM

I have created a MtGox acount ten month ago, and transfer about 10 btc to that account. I tranfer more to that account later. Then, I leave it along for six months. Now I setup a site, which will provide customer with BTC if they can get high score in a little game. So I need those BTC. But I cannot log into MtGox. System told me password is wrong , although I think password is right. I also try to recover my password, but I got no email.

So I contact MtGox support team and they told me that, 'it is highly likely that your account was disabled due to inactivity. We can still enable your account and recover your balances as long as we can locate it. Unfortunately, the only way to locate your account within our database is through your Merchant ID. Do you still have this available?'

Of course I have forget my merchantID, can you remember yours?

I think I know the reason why they insist on MerchantID, maybe they have no index on user e-mail address in their database, so they can not location a record with e-mail address only. But I can remember when was my account created, and this can give a span of merchantID, thus a record can be located with a simple sql clause.

So I give them this information, but they still refuse to active my account, they said, 'Unfortunately, the only way to locate your account within our database is through your Merchant ID. Do you still have this available? It should be in the format of MTG#####X. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. '

Do you think they are reasonable on this issue? What shall I do now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 03:31:06 AM

I have created a MtGox acount ten month ago, and transfer about 10 btc to that account. I tranfer more to that account later. Then, I leave it along for six months. Now I setup a site, which will provide customer with BTC if they can get high score in a little game. So I need those BTC. But I cannot log into MtGox. System told me password is wrong , although I think password is right. I also try to recover my password, but I got no email.

So I contact MtGox support team and they told me that, 'it is highly likely that your account was disabled due to inactivity. We can still enable your account and recover your balances as long as we can locate it. Unfortunately, the only way to locate your account within our database is through your Merchant ID. Do you still have this available?'

Of course I have forget my merchantID, can you remember yours?

I think I know the reason why they insist on MerchantID, maybe they have no index on user e-mail address in their database, so they can not location a record with e-mail address only. But I can remember when was my account created, and this can give a span of merchantID, thus a record can be located with a simple sql clause.

So I give them this information, but they still refuse to active my account, they said, 'Unfortunately, the only way to locate your account within our database is through your Merchant ID. Do you still have this available? It should be in the format of MTG#####X. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. '

Do you think they are reasonable on this issue? What shall I do now?

it doesn't seem to make sense that they can't find your account with your e-mail.... how do they know which Merchant ID goes with which e-mail?

weird....

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 03:41:29 AM

I also try to recover my password, but I got no email.

There are a couple more things you could try to get closer to debugging the situation:

1) Check with your mail provider if there is any filtering which might prevent emails from mtgox arriving etc.
If not - ask mtgox support to send you a test email from the same system which sends out password reminders so you can test that you're getting email from them ok.

2) ask mtgox if you can supply them with transaction ids from your bitcoin wallet from when you deposited BTC to demonstrate your claim.

Perhaps a long shot - but something to try.

If they really do archive inactive accounts which have a balance, without a way to lookup via email address - that's not very good.   Put in a 'bug report' for them to fix that.. and wait??

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
wise168 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 03:53:54 AM

Thank julz for your advice, I am sure gmail does not block e-mail from Mtgox.

And what do you mean transaction ID, how can I get it? I know only my wallet address now. Besides, I dont think that will help. They will say, yes we know such a transaction happened, but we can active account with merchantID only, we cannot get your merchantID from transactionID.
Mt.Gox_Natalie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 06:32:59 AM

Hello,

We see that your account has been re-enabled.  If you still have problems accessing your account, please feel free to contact us again at the Support Desk and we will investigate this.
wise168 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2012, 08:45:56 AM

Yes, yes, Mtgox do active my account today, and I have access on my BTC now. Thanks for their effort, and thanks friend on bitcointalk for their help:)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: