Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:36:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Axiocoin: Unique Miner - No ASIC/Multipool - Donating@Home - JUST LAUNCHED  (Read 16134 times)
AxioDevs (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:38:09 PM

Hey,

Would you implement something similar to what the Minerals coin did to avoid big farms reaping all your coins from the start just to dump all of them the next day? What they did is limit the hashrate per user, and their coin could only be mined on their pool during the PoW stage. They didn't release the wallet until PoS stage to avoid solo mining.

It resulted in Minerals having 25 GHs at the start compared to 100 GHs for other recent coins, even really shitty ones such as Hodorcoin, which proves that 75% of the miners are professional dumpers, big farms or multipools targeting new coins for a quick buck and not caring at all about the project.

It also resulted in Minerals being well spread, with a high price and large volumes on exchanges (100 btc+ in a few days).

Cheers

Yes we actually feature some of the same qualities. With our system, ASICs and multipools won't be able to use Axiocoin. However, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with setting a limit on a user's hashrate.
Untitled87

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:08:51 PM

Nice vid dev good to see everything in action
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:37:04 PM

http://puu.sh/9TZ43/78cc61e9eb.webm

Uploaded a video demonstrating mining and requesting payouts in the beta Axio miner.

Any changes we can expect by launch?
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:45:42 PM

Uploaded a video demonstrating mining and requesting payouts in the beta Axio miner.

Some minor internal changes as well as a 30 minute minimum mining time to request payout.
ThatDandyMan

Activity: 175
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:51:45 PM

Damn, that is a sexy post (and software). I'm looking forward to the release of this coin.
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:09:17 PM

Damn, that is a sexy post (and software). I'm looking forward to the release of this coin.

Thank you Smiley
timertrainer

Activity: 135

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:22:31 PM

Less than 3 days left...VERY excited for this coin. Complete game changer in the world of crypto
sntry

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:30:48 PM

I'm excited too, looking forward to mining this.
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:00:14 PM

Less than 3 days left...VERY excited for this coin. Complete game changer in the world of crypto

I anticipate a very smooth launch.
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:44:24 PM

I'm excited too, looking forward to mining this.

See you then Smiley
Gingermod

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:35:15 PM

Some minor internal changes as well as a 30 minute minimum mining time to request payout.

Why the minimum?
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:52:33 PM

Why the minimum?

To prevent payment spam
Gingermod

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:45:03 PM

Why the minimum?

To prevent payment spam

Aight how long does it take to get that payment to your axio wallet?
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:41:50 PM

Why the minimum?

To prevent payment spam

Under optimum circumstances 1-5 seconds. Still need to do testing under heavy load but definitely no more than 12-24 hours maximum.
Gingermod

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:45:02 PM

Why the minimum?

To prevent payment spam

Under optimum circumstances 1-5 seconds. Still need to do testing under heavy load but definitely no more than 12-24 hours maximum.

Not bad I guess
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:16:52 AM

Why the minimum?

To prevent payment spam

Not bad I guess

No worries, it's the only restriction.
ShitCoins-B-Gone

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:28:18 PM

@ OP "From a technical standpoint, Axiocoin is 100% premined"

Oh so it's just technical... Thats alright then. We just "tecnhically" buy these Axiocoins with our hashrate 100% premined by you and you reap the benefits from our hashrate.

SOUNDS LIKE BARGAIN  Grin

Half of the money earned goes to charity, the other half goes to supporting the coin (and the price).

I was kinda waiting on this thread to see where it goes, but I can't wrap my mind around a simple issue.

I need to put you and your coin into the middle of my charitable donations exactly why again?

If I send a check to St. Jude's wonderful hospital for $100.00:
   *The poor kids dying of cancer get $100.00.

If I use your coin to send that same $100.00:
   *Cash is lost in the transactions fees to the pools you mine at
   *Hash is lost while your system is proxying it around
   *You keep 50% for your trouble (If those kids dying of cancer are lucky)
   *I have additional risk that you are simply going to steal 100%. (Most likely outcome)
   *The poor kids dying of cancer get maybe $45.00 dollars of the original charitable donation, but again only if you don't steal that.
   *Lose tax deduction.

So again I ask, why do we need you or your coin?

Think I am going to call this exactly what it is now to warn others with bleeding hearts not to get robbed before you launch this turd.

This is a SHITCOIN and a particularly vile one at that, wrapping itself in charity.

*Running* away from this pile of fecal matter, and will not allow my rigs to mine it either. 
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:24:27 AM

Oh so it's just technical... Thats alright then. We just "tecnhically" buy these Axiocoins with our hashrate 100% premined by you and you reap the benefits from our hashrate.

Half of the money earned goes to charity, the other half goes to supporting the coin (and the price).

I was kinda waiting on this thread to see where it goes, but I can't wrap my mind around a simple issue.

I need to put you and your coin into the middle of my charitable donations exactly why again?

*I have additional risk that you are simply going to steal 100%. (Most likely outcome)
   *The poor kids dying of cancer get maybe $45.00 dollars of the original charitable donation, but again only if you don't steal that.
   *Lose tax deduction.

Think I am going to call this exactly what it is now to warn others with bleeding hearts not to get robbed before you launch this turd.

This is a SHITCOIN and a particularly vile one at that, wrapping itself in charity.

*Running* away from this pile of fecal matter, and will not allow my rigs to mine it either. 

Why? For the potential to make money (Axiocoin) for charitable actions.

Thank you for your perspective.
ShitCoins-B-Gone

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

*Lose tax deduction.

I think that's the part you missed from the beginning.

If you are looking to get paid to do something charitable then it's not charity, it's business.
If you are looking to get paid out of the charitable donation of another, that is vile business.

And finally. Axiocoin is not money. It's SHITCOIN.

The only one with any potential to make any money here is you! Not the miners, not the charity, you! If you want this to work then you must remove yourself from the cash permanently. There needs to be a reputable escrow/auditor/accountant (not related to you in anyway, picked by the community) who is the only one with the ability to access the BTC and is required to release audit statements at least once a month under penalty of perjury. Since you are doing this for charity the escrow can give you the BTC required to keep the network running, if any is required at all, and then everything else goes to charity. No one in their right minds are going to just "trust you anonymously" with their charitable donations.

That should take your ongoing block tax down from 50% to about 0.0005% and the charitable contribution into the 95%+ range.

With that said, I won't comment on your thread anymore. Normally I would wish you luck with your launch anyway, but not in this case.

G'Day.
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:52:57 PM

*Lose tax deduction.

I think that's the part you missed from the beginning.

If you are looking to get paid to do something charitable then it's not charity, it's business.
If you are looking to get paid out of the charitable donation of another, that is vile business.

And finally. Axiocoin is not money. It's SHITCOIN.

The only one with any potential to make any money here is you! Not the miners, not the charity, you! If you want this to work then you must remove yourself from the cash permanently. There needs to be a reputable escrow/auditor/accountant (not related to you in anyway, picked by the community) who is the only one with the ability to access the BTC and is required to release audit statements at least once a month under penalty of perjury. Since you are doing this for charity the escrow can give you the BTC required to keep the network running, if any is required at all, and then everything else goes to charity. No one in their right minds are going to just "trust you anonymously" with their charitable donations.

That should take your ongoing block tax down from 50% to about 0.0005% and the charitable contribution into the 95%+ range.

With that said, I won't comment on your thread anymore. Normally I would wish you luck with your launch anyway, but not in this case.

G'Day.

Donations occur weekly. Not much accumulates during that tine, not enough to steal. If I did steal the measly 0.5-2 BTC then the project would be done right there.

I don't see what the problem is with miners making 'money' while giving back for no extra cost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: