Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:18:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Axiocoin: Unique Miner - No ASIC/Multipool - Donating@Home - JUST LAUNCHED  (Read 16134 times)
AxioDevs (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:19:43 PM

interesting idea maybe..

Thank you it's definitely unique.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:29:45 PM

interesting dev

btw this site http://axiocoin.org why not online? i can't open on my browser

well, theres 3 answer for this question if i may answer it

1. its not launch yet

2. the domain is broken

3. that site are joke << really?

======================================

well i think that 100m is to much

interesting dev

From thread:

"Note: The website should be live for all in about 24 hours. On the site you'll be able to vote for charities through our Donating@Home platform."

Site is currently live for me. Concerning max supply, that doesn't matter much. We've seen plenty successful coins in the 50-100 Billion range.

In my opinion, 100m is a solid figure.

To get more interest and price appreciation. I'd suggest you lower the coin count. There are very few coins that are successful when talking billions. I'd suggest a max of 50 million coins. Ideally 10-25 million or less. If you did 5 million, There would be great interest..
Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:49:40 PM

interesting dev

well, theres 3 answer for this question if i may answer it

1. its not launch yet

2. the domain is broken

3. that site are joke << really?

======================================

well i think that 100m is to much

interesting dev

From thread:

"Note: The website should be live for all in about 24 hours. On the site you'll be able to vote for charities through our Donating@Home platform."

Site is currently live for me. Concerning max supply, that doesn't matter much. We've seen plenty successful coins in the 50-100 Billion range.

In my opinion, 100m is a solid figure.

To get more interest and price appreciation. I'd suggest you lower the coin count. There are very few coins that are successful when talking billions. I'd suggest a max of 50 million coins. Ideally 10-25 million or less. If you did 5 million, There would be great interest..
Regards,
Brian

Price per coin would be higher but that in no way means the price will rise faster.
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:06:39 PM

http://axiocoin.org/

Site should be live for all now.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:15:24 PM

Is the miner and wallet closed source?
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:23:23 PM

Is the miner and wallet closed source?

The wallet and coin is entirely open sourced.

Our miner makes several connections to our servers, open sourcing this is very risky. We've took steps to ensure security by obfuscating & virtualizing sensitive components of the miner code.
hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:57:37 PM

So hidden.How do you ensure not using miners' hash to mine other coins?

AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:13:39 PM

So hidden.How do you ensure not using miners' hash to mine other coins?

That's the point. The money made (in BTC) will be split 50/50 between donating and for sustaining the growth of the economy (section about this in the thread). Not only will we be giving back, we'll be getting Axio on exchanges/marketplaces. We also plan on putting a hefty amount of profits onto exchanges as buy support to keep the coin strong against dumpers.

Our miner application calculates how much you're mining and sends you the appropriate amount of Axiocoin to your Axio wallet.
dance

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:21:52 PM

Lol, users of this wallet will be mining bitcoins and sending them to dev, while he will be sending axio coins for you in return.
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:27:45 PM

Lol, users of this wallet will be mining bitcoins and sending them to dev, while he will be sending axio coins for you in return.

Yes and this money will be publicly monitored by users.

50% gets donated
http://axiocoin.org/vote.html
50% goes towards exchanges, marketplaces, and buy support

Both of these Bitcoin addresses will be made public.
cryptoangel

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:29:09 PM

Yeah total scam, website reminds me of honorcoin. I am avoiding this 100%.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
█                         █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:34:00 PM

There is no IPO or premine here.

The BTC addresses will be made public.

50% gets donated

Mining this coin makes you money and helps us inject funds back into the economy + we give half towards charities
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:48:39 PM

Clever as shit

Don't screw up the launch pls
orgmatileg

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:56:47 PM

Clever as shit

Don't screw up the launch pls
Yes, I'm in! Cant wait til launch..

Keep work Dev..
VekTorr

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:11:00 PM

50% gets donated

Mining this coin makes you money and helps us inject funds back into the economy + we give half towards charities

So you're going to obfuscate portions of the code for "security" reasons.

And we're supposed to trust you that 100% of the hashing power that we'll be supplying entirely to your control is going to be allocated to nothing but mining altcoins, which are all 100% transparently accountable to the end-user (because you say so), and that nothing will be diverted via the multi-pool sales to Bitcoin addresses OTHER THAN the ones you publish (because... trust you).

And then we're to trust you that the centralized servers that you have total control over are going to properly account for and allocate the equivalent of that amount of hashing power to the end user's new currency creation, which is not pre-mined and also 100% pre-mined at the same time (because... trust you), and that the figures for the particular share of total hashing power that you're getting aren't distorted by false reporting of hash rates from dummy sockpuppet accounts controlled by you (because... trust you).

And we should trust you that the contradictions between whether it's entirely ASIC-resistant because you're only running Scrypt (but will also support X11 and Scrypt-N but not support it because those will devolve into CPU-only eventually) are no big deal, nor is it an issue that you're marketing it as a "green" coin while simultaenously turning GPUs into giant space heaters in the middle of summer (which is about as anti-green as you can get) by committing to only running (and not only running) Scrypt.

Yeah.  Definitely sounds legit.

Yeah, I can see why it's so important to obfuscate what the code does. 
AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:15:51 PM

50% gets donated

So you're going to obfuscate portions of the code for "security" reasons.

And we're supposed to trust you that 100% of the hashing power that we'll be supplying entirely to your control is going to be allocated to nothing but mining altcoins, which are all 100% transparently accountable to the end-user (because you say so), and that nothing will be diverted via the multi-pool sales to Bitcoin addresses OTHER THAN the ones you publish (because... trust you).

And then we're to trust you that the centralized servers that you have total control over are going to properly account for and allocate the equivalent of that amount of hashing power to the end user's new currency creation, which is not pre-mined and also 100% pre-mined at the same time (because... trust you), and that the figures for the particular share of total hashing power that you're getting aren't distorted by false reporting of hash rates from dummy sockpuppet accounts controlled by you (because... trust you).

And we should trust you that the contradictions between whether it's entirely ASIC-resistant because you're only running Scrypt (but will also support X11 and Scrypt-N but not support it because those will devolve into CPU-only eventually) are no big deal, nor is it an issue that you're marketing it as a "green" coin while simultaenously turning GPUs into giant space heaters in the middle of summer (which is about as anti-green as you can get) by committing to only running (and not only running) Scrypt.

Yeah.  Definitely sounds legit.

Yeah, I can see why it's so important to obfuscate what the code does.  

If we don't protect the miner code any semi-skilled user from HF could come in and destroy the whole system.

About the other stuff, you can follow the movement of money on the blockchain. So as long as you trust that you're good.

About the hashrate you can compare the money we claim to make and the profitability rates at https://www.multipool.us/

I can see why you think this might be a scam but it's a damn terrible way to make money by scamming especially since we're giving away over half to coin efforts + charity.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume you're trolling with the rest but we can easily incorporate x11/scrypt-n by giving users the option to mine on those types of multipools. In fact, you'll probably see it in the first update (don't quote me on that lol).

About the anti-ASIC bit. ASICs need specialized mining clients (modified versions of cgminer). Our miner only runs cgminer 3.7.2 (GPU only)
VekTorr

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:27:13 PM

If we wanted to support charity, why wouldn't we cut out the middleman and simply do multi-pool scrypt mining and donate whatever portions of the proceeds we like to exactly the charities we think are most worthy, without having to go through the highly limited choices of your "voting" portal.

You have an intriguing premise, which seems fatally riddled with holes.

If you really wanted something "green", why not use a proof-of-burn on something like BitCoin as an initial allocation method, and run a truly green PoS algorithm afterwards?  The extra energy consumed from both the initial allocation and the ongoing PoS security would be minimized.

This approach does nothing at all to reduce energy consumption and heat production... it just moves the reason for burning the same energy and creating the same waste heat from the control of the end user to your own control instead, and then we're supposed to trust you that you'll fairly allocate the new PoS coin which has been "technically 100% pre-mined" to the end users.

It's 100% in your personal control, with accountability removed through obfuscated code.

Yes, I get that you want money in order to be able to grow and promote the coin.  Why burn extra electricity to make that money when you want to end up with a PoS coin?
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:32:47 PM

It's a good idea but I prefer Curecoin's implementation where the GPU work goes directly to the charity instead of a middleman.
VekTorr

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:33:29 PM

I assume you're trolling with the rest but we can easily incorporate x11/scrypt-n by giving users the option to mine on those types of multipools. In fact, you'll probably see it in the first update (don't quote me on that lol).

About the anti-ASIC bit. ASICs need specialized mining clients (modified versions of cgminer). Our miner only runs cgminer 3.7.2 (GPU only)

I'm sarcastically calling you out on the talking out of both sides of your mouth, with your apparent desire to talk about whichever half of the story benefits the talking point you're addressing at the time, while ignoring the other half of the story which contradicts that same talking point.  You're trying to have your cake after having already eaten it through your design choices.  The only sort of "confidence" that behavior inspires is the belief that it's a confidence game... a scam.

AxioDevs (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:37:19 PM

If we wanted to support charity, why wouldn't we cut out the middleman and simply do multi-pool scrypt mining and donate whatever portions of the proceeds we like to exactly the charities we think are most worthy, without having to go through the highly limited choices of your "voting" portal.

You have an intriguing premise, which seems fatally riddled with holes.

If you really wanted something "green", why not use a proof-of-burn on something like BitCoin as an initial allocation method, and run a truly green PoS algorithm afterwards?  The extra energy consumed from both the initial allocation and the ongoing PoS security would be minimized.

This approach does nothing at all to reduce energy consumption and heat production... it just moves the reason for burning the same energy and creating the same waste heat from the control of the end user to own control, and then we're supposed to trust you that you'll fairly allocate the new PoS coin which has been "technically 100% pre-mined" to the end users.

It's 100% in your personal control, with accountability removed through obfuscated code.

Yes, I get that you want money in order to be able to grow and promote the coin.  Why burn extra electricity to make that money when you want to end up with a PoS coin?

My mistake. By "green" I meant the electricity spent during mining actually did something beyond paying miners off.

In response to the middleman argument:

By amalgamating the concept
of Bitcoin and F@H we’ll be able to kill two birds with one stone. Axiocoin’s underlying
nature is to help and with the cryptocurrency integration, its popularity and superiority in
the realm of efficient, profitable, and good-hearted coins will only serve to intensify the aid
and fortune brought to millions.

I think we can both agree that making money while giving to charities is an amazing concept.

The only counter I can really give you about the central aspects is what I listed in the thread. All coins are centralized to an extent, an alarming extent I may add. Up until recently +40-50% of Bitcoin's mining infrastructure was controlled by Ghash and let's not even bring up Gox.

We're not doing any IPOs or personal premines (amounts excluded from total mining for devs). If we make a single malicious move it will be near instantaneously spotted. The worst we can do is destroy our hard work.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: