Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama releases his birth certificate.  (Read 3604 times)
sortedmush (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 12:28:41 PM

You can download the birth certificate in all it's glory from http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

If you've got illustrator, open the pdf and view the layers.

Amazing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 12:30:55 PM

Who give a damn about a politician's birth certificate?

FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2011, 12:32:50 PM

I don't know what's so "amazing" about it. Obama's birth certificate has been online since 2008 if not earlier: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
sortedmush (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 01:15:14 PM

Who give a damn about a politician's birth certificate?

I don't really care, I just think that it's so bad I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2011, 01:21:21 PM

It is a certified copy from my understanding, not the original-
Who gives a damn is a good question but apparently some give damn enough for millions spent on lawyers over this issue throughout the years.
Why some give a damn is another question.

chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 05:26:37 PM

What difference does it make? People who want to believe it's a fake will continue to believe it's a fake, or they will come up with some other conspiracy theory.

That's why birth certificates should be stored in a block chain. If not anything else, at least this would make the date of birth unforgeable. 
sortedmush (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 05:42:11 PM

What difference does it make? People who want to believe it's a fake will continue to believe it's a fake, or they will come up with some other conspiracy theory.

That's why birth certificates should be stored in a block chain. If not anything else, at least this would make the date of birth unforgeable. 

I think it is fake. If you look at the PDF it's clearly been doctored. They didn't even bother to flatten the image, the layers can be extracted easily. It's a terrible forgery. Doesn't make any difference though. I just posted it because I think it's funny.
bencoder

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 12:15:48 AM

Nope, the "layering" can be an automatic process.
http://www.nkyvoice.com/

But who cares, where he's born doesn't make any difference.
sortedmush (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 06:55:29 AM

Nope, the "layering" can be an automatic process.
http://www.nkyvoice.com/

But who cares, where he's born doesn't make any difference.

Yes I've looked into it a bit more and yes there is intelligent scanning that separates all these elements. It still looks terrible though. It proves absolutely nothing. I mean, could you and I get a passport using that standard of proof?
Distribution

Activity: 711

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 04:52:40 AM

I like what Rand Paul had to say about one of the people involved in this: "I've come to New Hampshire today because I'm very concerned. I want to see the original long-form certificate of D****d T***p's Republican registration." (I edited his name out because he doesn't deserve anymore attention).
Ian Maxwell

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2011, 08:00:21 PM

It doesn't actually matter whether this document "proves anything" or not, because there is no standard of proof sufficient to convince someone who has made up his mind not to be convinced.

I mean people are asking whether it has a raised seal. If no one says it has a raised seal will that be good enough? No, because I haven't felt a raised seal. Is the president supposed to mail everyone in the country a sealed copy of his birth certificate?

And hey, let's just imagine he does. Does anyone seriously believe that the birther movement will collapse? Because the head of state was able to produce a document with a raised seal? Within a hour someone will say the serial number is out of order or the background pattern seems a bit imperfect, and this is obviously just another forgery.

Because there are only two options: either the certificate is real and Obama is a citizen, or an American woman, eight months pregnant, suddenly travelled to Kenya secretly, had her baby there, and then covered this up and obtained forged papers that she could just as easily have gotten legitimately. And the first option just strains credulity too much.

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
gigitrix

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 08:13:57 PM

I thought Bitcoiners were better than this charade. I really did. :/
elewton

Activity: 407

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 09:09:21 PM

I think Bitcoiners ARE being better than this charade.

Any antipathy towards Obama is due to his actions, not his circumstances of birth.

The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 10:51:42 PM

I like what Rand Paul had to say about one of the people involved in this: "I've come to New Hampshire today because I'm very concerned. I want to see the original long-form certificate of D****d T***p's Republican registration." (I edited his name out because he doesn't deserve anymore attention).

It's encouraging to see there's some sanity left somewhere. Donald Duck is just riding the wave attempting to gain popularity so he can run for President. And the fucker had the audacity to say Ron Paul is unelectable.
Distribution

Activity: 711

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 07:46:12 PM

It's encouraging to see there's some sanity left somewhere. Donald Duck is just riding the wave attempting to gain popularity so he can run for President. And the fucker had the audacity to say Ron Paul is unelectable.

Yeah, I was at CPAC when he said that. He should've had the sense not to say there wasn't anyone principled running ESPECIALLY considering there were a bunch of people in there ready to see the next speaker (Rand Paul).
Clarithium

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 09:13:03 PM

Any document can be falsified.

I make websites for bitcoins! Will help you host!Click Here
Bitcoin Mining Rigs
1CrNUxx8E9ds1jQ1dexp9FFjhcuUqupdmN
abyssobenthonic

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 03:13:27 AM

To be fair, Donald Trump would make a decent President... how many other candidates have the experience with running bankrupt enterprises that he does? Cheesy
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 06:08:50 AM

That's an interested idea.  At the minimum, hospitals should be using some type of public-key encryption with a signature so that birth dates and names can be independently verified and audited.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 08:04:01 AM

That's an interested idea.  At the minimum, hospitals should be using some type of public-key encryption with a signature so that birth dates and names can be independently verified and audited.

Awesome.  Smiley
Anonymous

May 02, 2011, 12:33:37 PM

Did 'kenya' even exist as a name in 1961 ? At the time it was the british east africa protectorate.

The hospital on that certificate ? In 1961 it was actually called something else and didnt become the one named in the certificate untill 1978 when it merged.

Things that make you go hmm.
 Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: