Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:12:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HardCider - One hell of a bite! - X13/PoS|Bounties| On Exchange  (Read 38696 times)
Fitness76

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:12:34 PM

CryptoBE will be willing to do the block explorer for 0.03 BTC as we feel for the community.  Is there a way someone can come up with it with Fitness?

Also, does anybody know this error: http://pastebin.com/xDPtyGJw ?

EDIT: Replaced the leveldb and makefile of Techcoin to fix it.

Great thanks for doing this! I personally will be able to come up with between .005 and .01 today. I can over time maybe get some more to you. Hopefully get some help from others in the community.

Have a Great Day!

animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:19:19 PM

Which brings me back to my question does anyone know of someone that would want/be able to take over the coin and develop it more? Or even how one would take over a coin when the dev is gone? I don't have any expertise in developing a coin, only miner and trader. I would be willing to help someone else that has the skills needed to take over the coin.

Have a Good Day

Thanks and Have a Good Day.
If the old dev can be persuaded do a clean handover of all passwords, media accounts, Github etc. than that will be good for the coin. Take a look at how MintCoin are doing a handover.

I agree that would be good. I saw that he logged on today, but didn't post anything. So not sure what that is about. I would PM him and see what he says.

Also I got a ton of messages asking me about all kinds of things, besides the block explorer. I will answer them all, but I am not the dev or even able to take over the coin if that is the direction that is the direct it needs to go. I am just trying to help out. I would like to see the coin do well and will continue to help as I can, like I was when looking for someone to do a block explorer. Just wanted to make sure that most of the info I know is the same as what you know. When I find out things I will post them.

Have a Good Day!

Dev PMed me today to signal he was still here.

CryptoBE will be willing to do the block explorer for 0.03 BTC as we feel for the community.  Is there a way someone can come up with it with Fitness?

Great thanks for doing this! I personally will be able to come up with between .005 and .01 today. I can over time maybe get some more to you. Hopefully get some help from others in the community.

Have a Great Day!
Great, just donate when you have it!
Fitness76

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:30:10 PM

Which brings me back to my question does anyone know of someone that would want/be able to take over the coin and develop it more? Or even how one would take over a coin when the dev is gone? I don't have any expertise in developing a coin, only miner and trader. I would be willing to help someone else that has the skills needed to take over the coin.

Have a Good Day

If the old dev can be persuaded do a clean handover of all passwords, media accounts, Github etc. than that will be good for the coin. Take a look at how MintCoin are doing a handover.

I agree that would be good. I saw that he logged on today, but didn't post anything. So not sure what that is about. I would PM him and see what he says.

Also I got a ton of messages asking me about all kinds of things, besides the block explorer. I will answer them all, but I am not the dev or even able to take over the coin if that is the direction that is the direct it needs to go. I am just trying to help out. I would like to see the coin do well and will continue to help as I can, like I was when looking for someone to do a block explorer. Just wanted to make sure that most of the info I know is the same as what you know. When I find out things I will post them.

Have a Good Day!

Dev PMed me today to signal he was still here.

He Pm'd you but didn't post. I'm sorry but that's shady on the dev's part.
Did he promise to put anything towards the block explorer?

Again I wanted to thank you for doing the block explorer!

Have a Good Day!

Zorro23hu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:31:50 PM

Donations for Block Explorer:

1KYLAA9pCvBdh2NeCmgaYU16s3bnVh2dx5 (BTC)

We need a total of 0.03 BTC to do the Crypto block explorer.  We have discounted it by 0.02 BTC already.  It would be appreciated if you can donate 0.01 BTC each.

I sent 0.01 BTC the mentioned adress.

Zorro23hu (from Hungary)
Fitness76

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:42:41 PM

We need a total of 0.03 BTC to do the Crypto block explorer.  We have discounted it by 0.02 BTC already.  It would be appreciated if you can donate 0.01 BTC each.

I sent 0.01 BTC the mentioned adress.

Just sent .005 BTC. Will send more later if we don't meet our goal and/or I get some other coins traded.

Have a Good Day!

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:44:53 PM

Donated

karimdr2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:50:57 PM

Mac Wallet

HardCider-Qt.dmg 12.7 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!c0dFUaAZ!LsAyyCJBi5ZgpnjDeIBPhOxhM58Y7xHefGEBkgfgnq4

Donations and Bounties:

WHC: FECnn9MjB4yebP6WWANxxGAmfrxoCYchNo

★ BitNet ★ New Darknet, better than TOR ! FREE VPN ! Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN!!! Vg7NuuuJt2snso5N1EMPyPwSTHb2ByiHRo
BTC: 1Gu3KYr3HV1TGJmqgSXXQbGxxdLzTEAN6o
HotSwap

Activity: 806

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:05:31 PM

Have a Great Day!
I cannot get this to work, what OS are you using? I have been trying to compile this silly coin since the beginning. Ive tried it on Ubuntu 12.04 32bit, 12.04 64bit, 14.04 32bit, and 14.04 64bit but still nothing!

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:08:31 PM

Have a Good Day

Have a Good Day!

The most successful coins do not rely on a single dev, but have a team of people. Coding skills are not required for everyone, but enthusiasm and energy are. This coin has gone through its PoW stage and is staking now, which has been a difficult transition for some coins, so I think someone needs to look at the code and make sure it is solid. If we don't want/are unable to do the coding involved to bring innovative features in the wallet, then the main focus needs to be on the social networking and marketing side, why should people want to buy and use the coin? Is there a niche market somewhere? Is the microbrewery idea a viable one - discounts if drinks are bought with WHC? Website, Twitter, Facebook and so on.

So we need volunteers and someone to co-ordinate them. Putting together the team and ensuring good communication within the team and the rest-of-the-world is the next step. Not getting hung up on a single 'dev', but rather on 'Co-ordinator' and 'Spokesperson'. I'm not able to do this, sorry. Any volunteers?

animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:36:33 PM

Donated

Great, we only need 0.005 BTC more!

Also, I do agree with you that HardCider needs a team.  If this coin plans to grow, a team is needed.
animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:47:15 PM

Have a Great Day!
I cannot get this to work, what OS are you using? I have been trying to compile this silly coin since the beginning. Ive tried it on Ubuntu 12.04 32bit, 12.04 64bit, 14.04 32bit, and 14.04 64bit but still nothing!

I'm Ubuntu 12.10.
There might be a way around it, but I personally went to https://github.com/techcoinproject/Techcoin and obtained the leveldb folder and makefile.unix in src.  I copied them over to the HardCider folder (and after this you can also change the name of daemon in the makefile but I didn't bother) and then ran make.  Afterwards, there will be an error.  Just go to that line and comment out the function call that's undefined. 
Fitness76

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:47:56 PM

The most successful coins do not rely on a single dev, but have a team of people. Coding skills are not required for everyone, but enthusiasm and energy are. This coin has gone through its PoW stage and is staking now, which has been a difficult transition for some coins, so I think someone needs to look at the code and make sure it is solid. If we don't want/are unable to do the coding involved to bring innovative features in the wallet, then the main focus needs to be on the social networking and marketing side, why should people want to buy and use the coin? Is there a niche market somewhere? Is the microbrewery idea a viable one - discounts if drinks are bought with WHC? Website, Twitter, Facebook and so on.

So we need volunteers and someone to co-ordinate them. Putting together the team and ensuring good communication within the team and the rest-of-the-world is the next step. Not getting hung up on a single 'dev', but rather on 'Co-ordinator' and 'Spokesperson'. I'm not able to do this, sorry. Any volunteers?

Totally agree with you! Thanks for putting that out there. All the most successful newer coins have a multi-member dev team as well as community managers or something similar. I will help as I have always said, but can't take a specific role. It's a personal matter that I can not always be reliable and consistent for the time being, but again will help when I can.

Have a Great Day!

animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:06:33 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 02:08:05 PM by animalroam

Working block explorer is done at http://cryptobe.com/chain/HardCider, finally!  Hopefully the community can grow and get this coin moving Smiley.

oldboy11

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:51:50 AM

Working block explorer is done at http://cryptobe.com/chain/HardCider, finally!  Hopefully the community can grow and get this coin moving Smiley.

NOTE: The donations are currently incomplete.  We reserve the right to take down this block explorer at any time.
where to send donations? how much do you want? 0.005 BTC? And where to send 5000 WHC?

1 2 з 4 5
HotSwap

Activity: 806

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:41:13 AM

Have a Great Day!

I'm Ubuntu 12.10.
There might be a way around it, but I personally went to https://github.com/techcoinproject/Techcoin and obtained the leveldb folder and makefile.unix in src.  I copied them over to the HardCider folder (and after this you can also change the name of daemon in the makefile but I didn't bother) and then ran make.  Afterwards, there will be an error.  Just go to that line and comment out the function call that's undefined. 

This is so strange I am still unable to compile this, I even installed 12.10 just to see. Is there anything different that you installed from the dependencies list?

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
Fitness76

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:30:34 AM

NOTE: The donations are currently incomplete.  We reserve the right to take down this block explorer at any time.
where to send donations? how much do you want? 0.005 BTC? And where to send 5000 WHC?

There is a link a couple posts up from this one. You'll see the .025 that's there already. Total needed .03 BTC so yes .005 BTC left.

Have a Good Day!

Fitness76

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:31:58 AM

Probably should have just quoted the original post makes more sense Sad

Have a Good Day.

Zorro23hu

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:33:22 AM

See this post, and all replied for it. You can check the wallet too, and yes, only 0.005 BTC more need, instead the former offered WHC by you and us.

Zorro23hu (from Hungary)
oldboy11

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:02:45 AM

I send
TxId: 058dc017fafc70ceb24bfd84b822b457ece52e5084b81439052f45877c2648ce

What do we want? or it is already possible to go to the exchange?

1 2 з 4 5
animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:12:07 PM

I send
TxId: 058dc017fafc70ceb24bfd84b822b457ece52e5084b81439052f45877c2648ce

What do we want? or it is already possible to go to the exchange?

Great, I marked the block explorer as complete.  HardCider is one step closer to an exchange as the coin at least has a block explorer now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: