Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:58:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quark wallet (software) Question  (Read 1421 times)
Dataman19 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:33:01 AM

I am new to BitCoin/Quark Coin Mining - so please bear with me.
In my Quark Wallet there is a Help section
Then there is a Debug section...
As I undestand it you type getmininginfo in the command line and you get a miner status...
I get that..
But I do not know, nor can I find anywhere where the categories are explained.
After reading in this forum I have come to understand that there are in fact a few shady practices going on.
In an ear;lier post I posted a few of my Wallet Debug screens...
No one answered any of the questions - so I continue scouring and looking for answers....
No luck..
My question is:  In the getmininginfo status screen there is a "testnet :" category..
I keep seeing "currentblocktx" , "genproclimit: " , and "pooledtx : " change (sometimes there are 1's and sometimes there are 2's... once I had a 5 in pooledtx and a 5 in currentblocktx).
I am wondering what the "testnet :" means... I always get a "fail".  Am I correct in assuming that this means I did not solve the hash, or that I did not slve the hash in time?
I would really appreciate some feedback - as I said I am new at this and this subject does not seem to be covered at all anywhere on the forum.
Thanks
Dataman19
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 04:03:37 AM

And this is still an altcoin question.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Dataman19 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:30:24 AM

I still do not understand the altcoin classification... altcoin is the same as bitcoin... Quark coins are in fact bitcoins - are they not.  Is not the Quark the term used to classify the wallet - and does not a Quark Wallet hold the mined bitcoins?
Still,,, even if it were in fact an altcoin - the technical answer to the question would be the same?
Does anyone have an answer?
Dataman19 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:13:57 PM

My bad...
I was misled early on that Bit Coin and Quarks are the same..
Now I find they are not..
The group that led me astray are mining with a data center..
I guess they figured I was dumb enough not to research and misled me so that I would give up..
They were wrong!!!
I apologize to all in this forum...
My current focus is Quarks - but I am interested in Bit Coin...
Since Quarks are extremely rare and almost impossible to mine now - I will probably shift my focus back to Bit Coin...
Thanks for correcting my perception and pointing me towards altcoins...
Otherwise I would have stumbled down this rosy path for at least a few more days...
Dataman19
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:59:09 PM

Since Quarks are extremely rare and almost impossible to mine now - I will probably shift my focus back to Bit Coin...
Thanks for correcting my perception and pointing me towards altcoins...
Otherwise I would have stumbled down this rosy path for at least a few more days...
Dataman19
Just for your extra knowledge, mining Bitcoin at the moment is very unprofitable, please research before investing money into mining. If you were attracted by Quark design of inflation, transaction speed and hashing security, just buy a few but don't expect to rise in price just wait for more merchants to accept it and maybe also use your PC to secure the Quark network. If you're attracted by Bitcoin with its deflationary status also my advice is buy a few, maybe they'll rise in price maybe they'll collapse but mining bitcoin is guaranteed lose. Don't take my advice, don't take anyone's advice, do your extra research and listen to the majority of opinions. Good luck!

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dataman19 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:33:55 AM

Bit mining BitCoin is interesting...
Do I expect to get rich - Really??? No way.
Would I expect to recoup my expenses?  I would hope so, but wouldn't be surprised if it wound up costing more than I gain..
Such is life..
But the hunt....
That's the savor of this quest...
Unlike the Lottery - "where your chances of winning only slightly increase by buying a ticket"
In the BitCoin realm your chances apparently are directly proportional to you hardwares' hash or computational speed.
But it is increased...
I play the lottery, even wrote a random reverse algorithm....
Only able to hit 4 numbers in Powerball consistently
Hit 5 numbers three times (within a month)
Lottery Folks were not impressed
4 Numbers fifteen times in 3 months and 5 numbers three times within last month.
They threatened to prosecute for cheating - but ended up requesting I not play.
They went as far as to state they would no longer pay out any winning - they say I'm cheating.
Lawyer says they are blowing smoke, so I quit for a year - then last year played three times in a row
First was 4 number
second was 5 numbers
third play was 4 numbers
They paid all three tickets...
Now there is no challenge..
Unless I want to buy something like another new car...
BitCoin is the same gamble....
But it is the savor of getting somewhere that makes it work for me...
Still, thanks for the advice
I do appreciate it...
But I am gonna play the odds..
And I'm gonna mine ,,, "1 coin , two coins three coins ,,, four ,,, that's what I'm goin for...."
Dataman19
Dataman19 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:42:25 AM

By the way I play two tickets with 5-lines each, each draw...
Some times I get froggy and play four 5-line tickets per draw with thwo number pools and two separate powerballs for each group (that 4 tickets)..
With a winning 4-line ticket that makes two winning 4-lines...
Incidentally in the lottery they cheat..
If you play 5 lines and win 4 numbers on two lines of the same 5-line ticket - THEY ONLY PAY YOU ONCE...
When I lived in Georgia I played single lines and bought twenty tickets for each draw.
GA Lottery didn't like me either - but they don't have any say in how you play...
In Arizona they think they can rewrite the rules at will..
Kinda similar to some of the stuff that goes on with Quarks and BitCoins..
But with BitCoins at least everyone is on a level playing field - slightly tilted, but you are not blindfolded like in the Lottery.
So you see it and can react...
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:55:32 AM

BitCoin is the same gamble....
But it is the savor of getting somewhere that makes it work for me...
Still, thanks for the advice
I do appreciate it...
But I am gonna play the odds..
And I'm gonna mine ,,, "1 coin , two coins three coins ,,, four ,,, that's what I'm goin for...."
Dataman19

I see you are well informed and thats what's important, everything in life is a gamble, a smaller or bigger one, but you need to know the risks and be comfortable with it. I'm too involved in gambling(horses mostly, NH season more precisely) but I don't treat crypto-currencies as a gamble, I rather view them as a safe net in case the fiat monetary system will fail in couple of years with all the debt created either by FED in US or by ECB in Europe.

Just 1-2 days ago ECB approved a credit line for Bulgarian banks for 2 billion euros. This is simply unacceptable and will eventually collapse under its own weight. When that happens people will have a new way of exchanging value without the implication of the politicians and bankers to corrupt the monetary system, we will then only trust the universal math.

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: