Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:30:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin is officially dead  (Read 6569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 04:48:46 AM

Thank you all for the profit, laituuuuuuuurrr

holy shit - ha ha ha ha !

there were tears...

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 04:54:48 AM

NXT is a scam, as with all IPO coins.

Whoever runs the IPO can send in 10 BTC with dozens or hundreds of fake accounts, get 90% of the coin count, then he pays nothing since all the BTC comes back to him anyway.  It's just some bogus license to create as big of a premine as you could possibly want.

I agree that NXT is a scam but more importantly proof of stake is garbage. Although proof of work uses more energy and equipment, you can't create something without work. This is simple physics. There is financial commitment in proof of work which gives it value.

The CPU mines the PoS Blocks. Its a more efficient way of securing a blockchain then using PoW.

Haters Gonna Hate.

i'm definitely not hating - and i think PoS has a place in crypto because there can be a lot of crypto currencies - that serve lots of different purposes, however they must have a fairly clean PoW emission period such as the ones you support Tokyo.

otherwise they run the significant risk of falling into the coveted Po$ or (Proof of Scam) system.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
TheCloser (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:01:10 AM

really ? are we gonna make one of these for every coin ?
and i don't like Dark coin either so i'd be happy if it did die but come on lol

and self moderated ? scared ? lol

Just playing a little defense Spoetnik, that's all.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:17:29 AM

DRK is dying a well deserved death. The smart money is pouring BTC into CLOAK.

Buy CLOAK.

Cloak is the real deal theyve done more in 3 weeks than DRK has done in 7 months.. I got out of DRK before the massive drop (luckily) and put it into Cloak. I'd suggest any other DRK investor with half a brain do the same.

Can you please summarize what CLOAK currently has released? What technology provably exists.
eurobuddha

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:58:24 AM

the coin moved up 800% in a few weeks, you need to see some consolidation to test its real worth.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:17:50 PM

Seems to me like Nxt is the one with the best shot at beating out even Bitcoin.

Way I see it is that Proof of Stake is the future.  It's much more energy efficient, doesn't require extreme inflation to power the network because it's more cost efficient, it's more secure and just all around better.

Nxt has far more developers working on it.  Did you know that Gavin is the only core developer for Bitcoin?  Nxt has at least 10.. probably over 20 developers.

Even Gavin Andreson at some point was saying that he hopes it's Bitcoin but he sees another coin potentially beating out Bitcoin some day.  It's the reason Warren Buffet refused to invest in Bitcoin.. because it's got some strong potential competitors.. Nxt is the strongest in my mind.

And anonymity(or Privacy) will be implemented in Nxt too.. but it won't be the one main feature, it'll be just one of the many feature it'll have.

Possible competitors If Nxt screws something up:
Ethereum
Ripple.. but them holding onto 90% of the coin is a really deal and I think might kill it in the long run
There will be god POS over POW in future to not build in Java with better distribution.
Jave had several serious security issues over last years it is much easier program in Java so development is much easier
but at the end when BIG money comes i don't want lose money because of JAVA exploit...
( http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/alerts-086861.html ) - fun list.

Anyway NXT screwed up distribution this is seen in Volume lets look at 2 pure POS in top on market cap:
BC (7 day minig full free market ) - volume today about 200k... and 10m market cap while
NXT (full IPO to 72 people ) - volume today about 150k... and 62m market cap

NEM - I want see in future how wide distribution will affect price/volume and their POI ( some kind of POS minig )
for me NEM can be NXT "killer"... everyday joke volume on NXT proves me in that.

---------------------------------

About DRK it have HUGE volume... over NXT 1,420,478 $ and half of NXT market cap...
Do we need more comment that ?

DRK can rebuild if whales decide to do it or if Dark market will use it...
while some critical java bug can blow up whole NXT... to 50k $ or less in one shot.
DRK will live like all coins - you can hate but it will live.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:25:50 PM

Yea it just seems that there is nothing this coin brings to the table anymore. Anon is played out now as many new coins have this feature so what's going to keep its value up? It seems bitcoin is the safest play right now but I can't think of a #2 that is blatantly obvious.

I'm beginning to wonder if features are really going to matter when it comes to mass adoption. It would be nice if there was a blue collar coin to bitcoins white collar. Dark certainly is not the answer anymore.

#2 is monero, the anon coin that actually works and has legit development going on.

PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:38:03 PM

No way is dark dead, i still get darks paid regularly just have some difficulty finding a buyer right now. Consider:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=670906.0
TheCloser (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:13:03 AM

What about the premine and the lack of innovation?
illodin

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:53:15 AM

Yea it just seems that there is nothing this coin brings to the table anymore. Anon is played out now as many new coins have this feature so what's going to keep its value up? It seems bitcoin is the safest play right now but I can't think of a #2 that is blatantly obvious.

I'm beginning to wonder if features are really going to matter when it comes to mass adoption. It would be nice if there was a blue collar coin to bitcoins white collar. Dark certainly is not the answer anymore.

#2 is monero, the anon coin that actually works and has legit development going on.

Monero works okay when there are max 5 people trying to send money simultaneously.
illodin

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:57:16 AM

Buy CLOAK.

Cloak is the real deal theyve done more in 3 weeks than DRK has done in 7 months.. I got out of DRK before the massive drop (luckily) and put it into Cloak. I'd suggest any other DRK investor with half a brain do the same.

Can you please summarize what CLOAK currently has released? What technology provably exists.

Please?
swansong

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:54:14 AM

buy litecoin. it is the only decent alternative to bitcoin.
Olimpiata

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:35:26 PM

Buy CLOAK.

Please?

-Cloaksend doesn't use coinjoin which drk, bc, and most alts do. Coinjoin has been dis-proven as anonymous. So that's a fully working anonamous system first off
-Cloaktrade: Trading cloak/btc via the wallet
-PoSA (Proof of stake ananomous). Also known as Cloaksend 2.0. This is a completely decentralized anonymous system to upgrade the current CloakSend. Release date 7th June
-OneMarket (decentralized market place implemented into wallet). Whitepaper released yesterday: http://www.cloakcoin.com/onemarket.pdf

Anyone feel free to correct me/add features. I'm rushing and haven't read everything
illodin

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:40:49 PM

Buy CLOAK.

Please?

-Cloaksend doesn't use coinjoin which drk, bc, and most alts do. Coinjoin has been dis-proven as anonymous. So that's a fully working anonamous system first off
-Cloaktrade: Trading cloak/btc via the wallet
-PoSA (Proof of stake ananomous). Also known as Cloaksend 2.0. This is a completely decentralized anonymous system to upgrade the current CloakSend. Release date 7th June
-OneMarket (decentralized market place implemented into wallet). Whitepaper released yesterday: http://www.cloakcoin.com/onemarket.pdf

Anyone feel free to correct me/add features. I'm rushing and haven't read everything

So these features already exist and are working?
Olimpiata

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:47:01 PM

Cloaksend 1.0 and CloakMarket, yes.
PoSA - 7th July

Check out the thread. Great community.

Back to the topic, I agree. Drk is dying. A handful of newer coins out there have potential Smiley
illodin

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:52:46 PM

As a DRK supporter from Day 1 the only other altcoin I would suggest you guys getting into right now is Cloak. In the last 3 weeks they've moved 0 to a trustless non-coinjoin anon implementation, decoupled from exchanges with built in trading in the wallet, p2p decentralized marketplace built into the wallet. Centralized exchanges have typically been the Achilles heel for privacy-oriented coin users and decoupling from them reduces the exposure of the user. Don't believe any of the FUD from anyone Cloak is the real deal with 5 full time developers. It's a real steal at the current price.

Read their new whitepaper and all it says is that they have an "anonymization protocol".

"These protocol extensions provide for the transmission of anonymized transaction packages from an originator to an elected node for addition to their memory pool."

Sounds cool, lemme invest asap.

Regarding the "built in trading in the wallet", I suppose this quote is about that?
"It will also include reputation system tied to the address that wants to receive payments for goods or services."

BlackCoin is already close to releasing NightTrader which is a decentralized trustless exchange where you can trade Cloaks or Darks or whatever without the possibility of getting scammed. So Cloak needs to get rid of the reputation system a.k.a. "dynamic trust model" (some people might've heard that one before) and implement smart contracts.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 01:00:02 PM

It was just another DOGEcoin (without any practical use), so obvious

TheCloser (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:18:47 PM

No way is dark dead, i still get darks paid regularly just have some difficulty finding a buyer right now. Consider:

How are we feeling about this now that some time has passed?
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:24:46 PM

How are we feeling about this now that some time has passed?

Hello Everyone,

From the looks of the thread all issues users are experiencing are not bugs at this point, just a misunderstanding of how Darksend works. All major bugs have been resolved and I'm going to move on to RC5 and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan

battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:38:31 PM

All eyes are on XC / XCurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: